Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Vuc looks good. PWill needs to have the chance to create more on O.

But other than that, yikes.
This team needs to learn how to play in the 4th quarter...consistently before and after the trade we really really suck in the 4th

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Big game tonight...they need to bounce back in a tough road matchup against Phoenix

edit - ouch...no Zach Lavine tonight...no chance

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Adding the big guy really gives them some new options offensively but my goodness, this might be one of the worst defensive teams I've ever seen.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Was reading some stuff on UNC boards. Few guys mentioning Billy Donovan and a potential candidate to replace Roy Williams.

I can't imagine he'd leave that fast, right?!

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Was reading some stuff on UNC boards. Few guys mentioning Billy Donovan and a potential candidate to replace Roy Williams.

I can't imagine he'd leave that fast, right?!

to go back to college ball? No

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
to go back to college ball? No

I dont think it's going to happen. But I also don't think it's completely out of the question. Probably very few programs he'd up and leave for. UNC probably would be one of them.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I dont think it's going to happen. But I also don't think it's completely out of the question. Probably very few programs he'd up and leave for. UNC probably would be one of them.
Yeah if UNC went after Donovan there is no reason for him not to go there. As a good coach there is nothing better than a job like UNC, Duke, Kansas or Kentucky. Pay may be better than an NBA job and you have almost guaranteed success. You can just ride that job out into retirement. In the NBA you never know how long your job is safe and you have less control

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Yeah if UNC went after Donovan there is no reason for him not to go there. As a good coach there is nothing better than a job like UNC, Duke, Kansas or Kentucky. Pay may be better than an NBA job and you have almost guaranteed success. You can just ride that job out into retirement. In the NBA you never know how long your job is safe and you have less control

some guys want to coach professionals, though. Some prefer not having to recruit and all the other stuff that comes w the college game. There’s a reason billy D left Florida after winning a couple titles...he views the nba as a step above the college game. He had a kush set up at Florida...hell, they named the court at Florida in his name. He isn’t going back to college as long as he has an nba HC gig

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
They just can’t get over the hump. That was brutal to close out a game against a team like Utah with Denzel and Coby. I don’t understand why Denzel gets playing time over Troy Brown.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
They just can’t get over the hump. That was brutal to close out a game against a team like Utah with Denzel and Coby. I don’t understand why Denzel gets playing time over Troy Brown.
Why does Vucevic sit for such long stretches as well. Id be rotating theis, Thad and Vucevic for most of the minutes at the 4 & 5 spot. Denzel wouldn't play at all. Troy Brown should be getting those minutes

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Donovan is pretty safe with AKME. He's not going to be gone anytime soon unless it is of his own choosing.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Donovan is pretty safe with AKME. He's not going to be gone anytime soon unless it is of his own choosing.
Oh I know he is safe for now, but in professional sports things change and success is much harder to come by as a bulls coach than at UNC

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Oh I know he is safe for now, but in professional sports things change and success is much harder to come by as a bulls coach than at UNC
Depends on what you're defining as success. Obviously the goal for the Bulls is to eventually be contending for a title every year, but clearly they aren't there yet. UNC is a different beast all together. I'd probably argue that coaching for UNC Basketball is a rougher beast than some NBA jobs.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Once a coach gets away from college, it's hard to see them going back and having to deal with all the booster bullshit and having to spend every night on the phone begging 17 year olds to commit.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Zach doing a nice job guarding kyrie so far

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Hope Young isn't seriously injured

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
That was a deep 3 to ice the game. Nice win even if there was no harden or Durant. Nets still have a roster after them that can win a lot of games, and the bulls really needed a win

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
It would look terrible if Billy hightailed it out of here after 1 year. Also as knoxville pointed out he had it made at Florida and could have easily rode out the rest of his career there. He wanted the NBA challenge.

Good win versus the Nets even though Harden and Durant were out.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
That was a big win. You can say all you want about who is missing for the nets but they've won a lot of games this year with all sorts of lineups and still running out hall of famers every night while being the favorites to win it all. And they took it to them all game. Win 7 game series probably not but you take this win all day. Lot's of plays today that point to what the future looks to be looking like play style wise. No Coby. No problem. Sato for the win.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That was a big win. You can say all you want about who is missing for the nets but they've won a lot of games this year with all sorts of lineups and still running out hall of famers every night while being the favorites to win it all. And they took it to them all game. Win 7 game series probably not but you take this win all day. Lot's of plays today that point to what the future looks to be looking like play style wise. No Coby. No problem. Sato for the win.
Agree with this. Nets have been winning games regardless of who's been out on their end. They're the highest powered offense in the league and for a team that struggles defensively like the Bulls, it was good to see them put forth a good showing for a bit there. Hopefully that was a good experience of actually keeping a lead in the 4th instead of completely choking the game away.

Hoping they can build a little bit of a streak with this game