I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I hate watching both of them. They are only marginally better on the offensive end than the defensive end. Id give theis all lauris minutes

agreed. But be careful saying negative things about coby on here. He’s some people’s golden boy on here

Bust

Liked Posts:
Lavine puts up 50 and the team still loses by 12, lol

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I hate watching both of them. They are only marginally better on the offensive end than the defensive end. Id give theis all lauris minutes

Theis should have definitely been in more. With how much they were getting destroyed in the paint, I’m surprised he didn’t get more run.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know this is for Bulls games, but I just got to say after watching another Pelican game tonight, Stan Van Gundy offense is fucking trash. At least in the first half, James Johnson ran more point than Lonzo. Absolutely makes no sense at all. You have a guy with a gift for passing and don’t even utilize it.
SVG is thoroughly not impressive but the roster construction is fucked. Lonzo is like the Pels best 3 point shooter, so they try to space the floor with him. All in all is the Pels cant shoot 3's and they cant defend 3's. They also have no dog in them at this time. Zion does, but the rest look like they dont even like being out there.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Caution: after really knowing nothing about him, I have become a hugh Patrick Williams fan. What he does. Athleticism. And demeanor. Love it.

Question: this league seems to be the race to sign three big stars to make a run and win. The bulls seem to now have 2. He's super solid and I think ceiling is the roof. Can Williams be the third without trying to overpay some superstar to come join Zach and Vuch?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Caution: after really knowing nothing about him, I have become a hugh Patrick Williams fan. What he does. Athleticism. And demeanor. Love it.

Question: this league seems to be the race to sign three big stars to make a run and win. The bulls seem to now have 2. He's super solid and I think ceiling is the roof. Can Williams be the third without trying to overpay some superstar to come join Zach and Vuch?
Isn’t it a good idea to add a third star while we have pw on a rookie deal?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

PWill gonna need some time to be that kind of player. But if we could get another really good player and then PWill develops in a couple years, we're looking very good

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Pretty frustrating last couple of losses. The problems are pretty much all defensive, not sure what other than time is going to fix that. Practice time is limited so they just have to learn it on the fly...they have some moments where it works well but a lot of lapses. Offensively the team is generally quite good. Minus that Atlanta game where no one besides Vuc and Lavine wanted to show up. Really need the defense to be there to have a chance to win these games.

Troy Brown Jr looked really good last game, he should eat all of Valentine's minutes imo

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:

I think so. Or maybe Vucevic won’t be apart of the equation once Patrick Williams gets to be pretty good. He’ll still be on his rookie deal when Vucevic deal expires. Maybe they’re able to add a player better than Vucevic by that point?

I think the most Important thing Patrick needs to take a big leap in the future is his handle. Hopefully he’s got that Lavine/Jimmy work ethic to tap into his true potential.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Honestly, best case scenario for this team is missing playoffs and getting a Top 4 pick. I'd actually be fine with that.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I think so. Or maybe Vucevic won’t be apart of the equation once Patrick Williams gets to be pretty good. He’ll still be on his rookie deal when Vucevic deal expires. Maybe they’re able to add a player better than Vucevic by that point?

I think the most Important thing Patrick needs to take a big leap in the future is his handle. Hopefully he’s got that Lavine/Jimmy work ethic to tap into his true potential.
My big thing with Vucevic, is he's exactly what they need now, and he's still in Prime, but what and when is that drop off going to happen. They have him two more years but like you said, he may be done by then. You look at him and go, he's only 30. But he'll be 32 then, and not only that he'll have been through basically 12 seasons. Maybe he'll have enough to still be the 3rd with Williams stepping up, but you could very well be right in that we'll have to find someone to pair with Lavine and Williams. And quite possibly sooner rather than later becuase Zach is already 26, he'll be 28 and 8 years in by then. I guess though with the big 3 strategy these days all you're doing is selling out for one run not trying for a dynasty so maybe that's ok.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
My big thing with Vucevic, is he's exactly what they need now, and he's still in Prime, but what and when is that drop off going to happen. They have him two more years but like you said, he may be done by then. You look at him and go, he's only 30. But he'll be 32 then, and not only that he'll have been through basically 12 seasons. Maybe he'll have enough to still be the 3rd with Williams stepping up, but you could very well be right in that we'll have to find someone to pair with Lavine and Williams. And quite possibly sooner rather than later becuase Zach is already 26, he'll be 28 and 8 years in by then. I guess though with the big 3 strategy these days all you're doing is selling out for one run not trying for a dynasty so maybe that's ok.

vucevic has a game that will translate well as he ages. He doesn’t rely on athleticism really. And ZL being 26 is absolutely not an issue. Last I checked, Brooklyn’s big 3 are all over that age and they are doing just fine. NBA is a league where veteran stars win championships...not youngsters

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Right, Vuc has a game that will age well. Guys like him and Jokic who don't rely on athleticism will be effective far longer than other bigs like Dwight Howard. Shooting and passing skill doesn't go away.

Ideally we'd be able to pick up a 3rd big time player while Lavine is still in his athletic prime though, as his game will decline worse as he ages and loses athleticism. But that should still be for another 6ish years.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Right, Vuc has a game that will age well. Guys like him and Jokic who don't rely on athleticism will be effective far longer than other bigs like Dwight Howard. Shooting and passing skill doesn't go away.

Ideally we'd be able to pick up a 3rd big time player while Lavine is still in his athletic prime though, as his game will decline worse as he ages and loses athleticism. But that should still be for another 6ish years.

for sure. I will say, Lavine has grown his game from what it was when he joined the bulls to what it is today. He seems to have the desire and what not to keep evolving much like other athletic guards have. He certainly can shoot the hell out of the rock. I don’t see him aging and becoming ineffective just because he isn’t the freak athlete anymore.

right now, bulls need to focus on finding a big man that can defend and not be a liability on offense, and a PG that can play some defense

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Coby is just a detriment to have out there. He comes in and they immediately have 3 turnovers in 5 possessions and no buckets. Most of it being poor decision making on cobys part. He’s just reckless out there

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Coby is just a detriment to have out there. He comes in and they immediately have 3 turnovers in 5 possessions and no buckets. Most of it being poor decision making on cobys part. He’s just reckless out there
The Great Coby as PG experiment has been a fairly large misadventure.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
The Great Coby as PG experiment has been a fairly large misadventure.

yeah, that’s how we know Arch is gone after this season. Bulls will have sato and coby, along with a new PG from FA/trade in the off-season. No need to keep arch around at that point

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It'd be nice if more than 3 or 4 players could show up to a game. Thad and Theis did their part to help Zach and Vuc, everyone else was MIA tonight.

PWill we need you man...too much Tony Snell like performances lately

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:

When Vuc hits the market there will be a lot of guys available. LeBron(though he’s likely going where his son gets picked), KD, Jimmy, Beal, Harden, Kyrie, Jokic, Embiid. It’s loaded. Then the following year KAT is a FA, so maybe Minny looks to trade him that summer if he’s still around and think he might leave.