*** OFFICIAL *** Running Bulls IGT

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I’m still hoping the Bulls are able to re-sign Theis and snag Lonzo. I‘m confident they’ll get Theis back. Not sure about Lonzo but I feel like they will get an upgrade at the PG spot.
If they could do that and luck into a top 4 pick, this team could be pretty good next year. Keep Troy Brown and javonte green. Launch lauri and valentine out of a cannon. And of course let Felicio disappear from the NBA. Felicio is possibly the most misguided contract ever. I'm still not sure if he knows how to play basketball

Last edited:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
If the Bulls get a top four pick, you know the NBA is rigged.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I dont think there are true untouchables on this roster. But these 3 are the only ones I think are safe for the Bulls in terms of coming back next season:

LaVine
Vuc
PWill

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I dont think there are true untouchables on this roster. But these 3 are the only ones I think are safe for the Bulls in terms of coming back next season:

LaVine
Vuc
PWill
I think the only two that are safe, in terms of not entertaining a deal, are Vuc and PWill. I think they would entertain a deal for LaVine, but it would have to include multiple first round picks.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I think the only two that are safe, in terms of not entertaining a deal, are Vuc and PWill. I think they would entertain a deal for LaVine, but it would have to include multiple first round picks.

only way they do that is if there’s a feeling of discontent between Lavine and the front office, which I doubt since it’s a new FO and they’ve gone out and gotten him an all star caliber player to play with in Vuc. I don’t think the bulls trade 2 first rounders for Vuc if they have an inclination to move Lavine. It just wouldn’t make sense to give up what they did, to turn around and trade away their best player. The return would have to be insane IMO

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
only way they do that is if there’s a feeling of discontent between Lavine and the front office, which I doubt since it’s a new FO and they’ve gone out and gotten him an all star caliber player to play with in Vuc. I don’t think the bulls trade 2 first rounders for Vuc if they have an inclination to move Lavine. It just wouldn’t make sense to give up what they did, to turn around and trade away their best player. The return would have to be insane IMO
It makes sense to think that going for Vuc was the FO saying to Zach we're building around you. If they don't keep him, it may come down to a numbers thing like supermax contract or whatever vs not, but at least at this point it would seem like it's pretty clear that they consider Zach the franchise player or whatever you want to call it.

Like you both said, the return would have to be ridiculous

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
With all the draft picks we traded for an older player my gut tells me Lavine is here to stay.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
My dudes, don’t get it twisted: I don’t think LaVine is going anywhere. I’m just saying PWill and Vuc are the only two players tied to AKME. So they are the least likely to be leaving.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My dudes, don’t get it twisted: I don’t think LaVine is going anywhere. I’m just saying PWill and Vuc are the only two players tied to AKME. So they are the least likely to be leaving.
I see them working on an extension for Lavine this offseason, which he may not sign as he bets on himself to earn even more the following offseason. Either way, I think if the Bulls want him, he stays here. If they don't want him, I see them trying to deal him.

Pretty much agree with you. Vuc is here until 2022-23 regardless of what they do IMO, though if they can get something better and Vuc declines, he could be trade deadline piece that season, but we won't know that until the final year of his deal.

Obviously Patrick Williams is here until at least 2023-24, unless traded.. but I imagine the Bulls are really hoping he develops into more and is a long term player here. Everyone else is gone or trade pieces going forward. We'll really see a lot of new faces to open the season next year.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I'm definitely on board with Green/Brown/Theiss

yep, just comes down to cost. I could see the bulls get priced out on Theis. I at least hope they aren’t willing to overpay for him like I think it’ll take to keep him

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I was pretty meh on the Thad Young signing initially but seeing how he has drastically improved his play being utilized properly instead of whatever Boylen was doing has me wanting him back as well. I imagine he's also a good locker room guy and the kind of vet the team needs.

I feel Temple is the same kind of guy in the locker room, but unlike Thad, he's not as good on the court.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I was pretty meh on the Thad Young signing initially but seeing how he has drastically improved his play being utilized properly instead of whatever Boylen was doing has me wanting him back as well. I imagine he's also a good locker room guy and the kind of vet the team needs.

I feel Temple is the same kind of guy in the locker room, but unlike Thad, he's not as good on the court.

yeah, it’s amazing how Boylen just basically had Thad stand in the corner. He’s not a 3 point shooter. But he damn sure is crafty in the paint and with the ball. Temple, I’d be fine if he was back on a one year vet minimum type deal, because like you said...he seems to be a good locker room guy and veteran for these youngsters...guys seem to like being around him