***OFFICIAL*** Stanley Cup Playoff (12) Blackhawks vs. (1) Golden Knights thread

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Honestly. I've pretty much stopped watching for the reason you said earlier. I can't find a team to care about enough to get behind.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Honestly. I've pretty much stopped watching for the reason you said earlier. I can't find a team to care about enough to get behind.

You should still try, there have been some fantastic games on. Even if you don't have a team to root for, it is still playoff hockey.

Just root for underdogs if you can't find a team. I'm actually rooting for the Nucks -- they're not only the underdog, but they just forced a Game 7 after being down 3-1, and they're starting a rookie goalie in Demko who had never seen a playoff game before. Demko not only won two elimination games, but he's stopped 95 of 96 shots and had a shutout in Game 6. Awesome story.

Both Philly and Colorado just forced a Game 7 after being down 3-1 too. There will be 3 Game 7's out of 4 this round, which is fantastic. If any one of those 3 teams can come back from 3-1, that would be epic. Get on board man, lol

Avs, Nucks, Isles -- that's who I'm rooting for. I want the Isles in the Cup Final for the East.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
You should still try, there have been some fantastic games on. Even if you don't have a team to root for, it is still playoff hockey.

Just root for underdogs if you can't find a team. I'm actually rooting for the Nucks -- they're not only the underdog, but they just forced a Game 7 after being down 3-1, and they're starting a rookie goalie in Demko who had never seen a playoff game before. Demko not only won two elimination games, but he's stopped 95 of 96 shots and had a shutout in Game 6. Awesome story.

Both Philly and Colorado just forced a Game 7 after being down 3-1 too. There will be 3 Game 7's out of 4 this round, which is fantastic. If any one of those 3 teams can come back from 3-1, that would be epic. Get on board man, lol

Avs, Nucks, Isles -- that's who I'm rooting for. I want the Isles in the Cup Final for the East.
Typically I root for the underdogs but even now that's been hard. I have paused and watched wheneven I've seen OT hockey because to me that's the greatest thing in sports. Not just hockey, in SPORTS. Sudden death beats all. I hate Boston, I hate Philly, I hate Vancouver, I'll just wait till the semis or finals I guess and flip a coin if I have to.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Typically I root for the underdogs but even now that's been hard. I have paused and watched wheneven I've seen OT hockey because to me that's the greatest thing in sports. Not just hockey, in SPORTS. Sudden death beats all. I hate Boston, I hate Philly, I hate Vancouver, I'll just wait till the semis or finals I guess and flip a coin if I have to.

Suit yourself, but you're missing some good hockey

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Suit yourself, but you're missing some good hockey
Yeah...Demko coming in and going Last Action Hero, taking Vegas to the brink with a 110 minute shut-out was about the coolest thing ever. Sorry he missed it. (Vegas had 84 shots in game 5, similar domination we saw against us)

Looks like Vegas-Lightning heavyweight dual is in our future. The semi's will have a hard time living up to the quarters this year. That was awesome.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Trying to revive this thread.

I thought Dallas was too weak offensively to do anything, and they are close to closing out Vegas. Down 2-0 they rallied in the third. Up 3-1 and can win the series in OT tonight.

Granada

Liked Posts:
It's hard to route for Dallas when Perry is on the team. Still hoping the Isle pull off a miracle.

I hate both Vegas and Dallas, but I was rooting for Vegas (and Isles) because Dallas is even worse. I just think they got lucky as hell this series -- they get outshot like 40-19 but still end up winning the game. I think they got away with a lot of missed calls too. Pavelski is a pretty dirty player; Perry is Perry; Radulov and Benn, can't stand these guys either.

Now, I'm rooting for Tampa all the way. Like I said, I wanted the Isles, but there's no way they're coming back in this series; and I want Tampa to be as healthy as possible so they can take down Dallas.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hate both Vegas and Dallas, but I was rooting for Vegas (and Isles) because Dallas is even worse. I just think they got lucky as hell this series -- they get outshot like 40-19 but still end up winning the game. I think they got away with a lot of missed calls too. Pavelski is a pretty dirty player; Perry is Perry; Radulov and Benn, can't stand these guys either.

Now, I'm rooting for Tampa all the way. Like I said, I wanted the Isles, but there's no way they're coming back in this series; and I want Tampa to be as healthy as possible so they can take down Dallas.

Ditto. Frankly been watching every minute I can, even though I don't have a horse in this race