*** Official The absence of news, leaks, angst, or rumor err, Roquan Smith trade request thread***

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I actually didn't expect to hear much until later and if there's a seeming impasse. It's early but this sure negates any chance of Smith playing the Mike. Maybe this situation had something to do with assignments. He should be fine to great at Will, even with a short camp.

What I find more interesting is that there wasn't anything but speculation about Teven as well. Nobody still knows what was up. We heard teams called the Bear but no indication the the Bear were in sell mode.

Something I haven't seen brought up is the possibility that Teven's 'therapy' may have been a shrink of sorts.
It's weird that even fans aren't taking sides all that much. Urlacher/Briggs holdouts generated much more pay him/honor your contract discussion.

Even I don't really have a strong opinion on the Roquan Smith contract situation. He just seems like a really good ILB, but not a guy that changes or dictates a game. I can't seriously think of a game where anyone was talking about the play/plays he made on the Monday following a game.

If I had to guess I would bet he is looking for close to $20M/yr while the Bears are more in the $14-15M range, which is still top 5. But if he isn't lining up week 1, I don't think it will be the big news he would hope it would be.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's weird that even fans aren't taking sides all that much. Urlacher/Briggs holdouts generated much more pay him/honor your contract discussion.

Even I don't really have a strong opinion on the Roquan Smith contract situation. He just seems like a really good ILB, but not a guy that changes or dictates a game. I can't seriously think of a game where anyone was talking about the play/plays he made on the Monday following a game.

If I had to guess I would bet he is looking for close to $20M/yr while the Bears are more in the $14-15M range, which is still top 5. But if he isn't lining up week 1, I don't think it will be the big news he would hope it would be.
May be scheme related. I suspect there's be more talk if he was designated the Mike. Also, we all expect him to be there game 1 plus the O is so in flux and taking attention.