***OFFICIAL*** Thursday Night IGT: Bears vs Cowboys (#MITCHISBACK Edition)

Who wins?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's fine, and the Bears did that. If Miller catches that easy pass then there is another set of downs and at least another 1-2 minutes off of the clock. Chicago wins by 10 and this isn't up for discussion.

Part of the reason the team plays different in the last 8 minutes of a game, especially when up by 17 is because the other team isn't playing the same way they were before. The run game is pretty much off the table and the team has to pass. You can't play man to man and blitz because one broken coverage and instantly the Cowboys are back in the game with 2-3 minutes left. I'll remind you about Week 17, 2015 when Chicago Blitzed Rodgers and he tossed a pass to Randall Cobb to win the game.

This game really wasn't that close. Yes, Chicago allowed Dallas a couple of garbage time scores and the remote chance of possibly getting a hail mary at the end of the game but the odds of that happening were remote, at best. Anything can happen but you don't put the team into position to lose by allowing a fluke play, especially since players are not rotating in and out and Dallas is going into full 2 minute mode.
The way you lose the game on fluke plays is by allowing the other team to possess the ball.. Allowing Dallas to move the ball down the field increased their chances of scoring, which they did to the tune of 17 points when they were held to 7 the previous 3 quarters when the Bears weren't playing soft defense

Believe me..I understand your philosophy, I just don't agree with it

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Agreed. Those were all frustrating. The most frustrating to me we’re the chargers, packer and raider games. Looking back we should have competed against the eagles and a deflated Saints team.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
This is what happens when your QB is effective running the ball

D-linemen start second guessing themselves...which gives an edge to the Oline.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
The stage is set for the Eli/Wentz showdown. Who will be the best 6-7 team in the NFC East? 7-9 Can take this division. 8-8 will seal it.

34_Bear

Liked Posts:
Thank you Patriots for Cordelle Patterson. Hope you dont feel fleeced. Merry Christmas . Da Bears.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
fuck this thread..too much bitchin' here.

kerrywoodwins20

Harvey Weinstein's Biggest Fan
Liked Posts:
I love the Bears and I love most of you, but I’ve seen like 30 people across multiple platforms and in person say that they’re upset Trubisky played well since now the Bears might keep him. If that’s you, you’re a shitty fan. Go root for the Packers. That’s all. Bear down.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Effort is not an issue until a lack of makes it one.

Also helps when the garbage TEs are replaced with gamer 3rd stringers apparently.

Maybe the loss of Long & Massie played a factor?? Amuk out = not getting burned tonight.

And Nagy quit being so damn cute on 3rd down.

Also Mitch started trusting everything including himself.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
The Chargers game is looming large right now.
Said this, too. Imagine this team 8-5 right now, and how much pressure that would put on GB and MIN down the stretch. Also, imagine the referees not giving GB that Lions game on MNF earlier in the year.

Just goes to show how a lot of these things come down to a combination of 1 or 2 plays and a lot of luck.

Still, the Bears have had multiple chances, aside from just the Chargers game to take control of their season. They lost against a Saints team at home without Brees, Kamara, and Cook, they lost the opener to a team that scored 10 points, and they blew 3 straight scoring drives against a bad Rams team in the 1st quarter that could have changed the course of that game as well..

Just so many things we can look back on and say what if..

bearsden

Liked Posts:
I will admit he has been playing great the past couple of games, i also do not think he is the answer for the bears. Lets be honest here though, he was the second overall pick. The bears will give him one more year. He will be the starter next year.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
The stage is set for the Eli/Wentz showdown. Who will be the best 6-7 team in the NFC East? 7-9 Can take this division. 8-8 will seal it.
Bears will be 9-7 at home watching Dallas 8-8 play in January

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The F****r sure looked energized by his own legs. He seemed to absolutely spiral enthusiastically with inner momentum once he successfully was Running too !!

I would take this guy's Option.

AND what an 'offense' ???? NOW that we have a couple TEs out there that look like they are tough, hardnosed, go getting threats

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
God, I've never seen so many Bear fans whine about a win. They looked pretty good! We should ALWAYS root for Mitch and Nagy to figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.