My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Doing that with homemade bacon and these

20190813_124818.jpg

'Tis the season, we don't grow tomatoes, but almost everyone we know does. I get my bacon from my BBQ place, Hellman's, toasted white bread, I prefer romaine, wife likes ice berg.

Harvest, a great time of the year, already getting great corn. NFL starting up, great produce at farmers markets, I love America.

Baked bacon, not fried, right?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
'Tis the season, we don't grow tomatoes, but almost everyone we know does. I get my bacon from my BBQ place, Hellman's, toasted white bread, I prefer romaine, wife likes ice berg.

Harvest, a great time of the year, already getting great corn. NFL starting up, great produce at farmers markets, I love America.

Baked. 1/3 inch thick

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

You take your BLT’ing seriously and I respect that. My BLTs turned out great. Farmers market tomatoes, iceberg lettuce, white bread (not Great Value). Got a little cray and used some roasted garlic mayo. Used my handy griddle for my bacon. I do like baking it too but haven’t used the griddle in awhile and don’t like using the oven in the summer. Just seems wrong when you can grill anything an oven can do.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
You take your BLT’ing seriously and I respect that. My BLTs turned out great. Farmers market tomatoes, iceberg lettuce, white bread (not Great Value). Got a little cray and used some roasted garlic mayo. Used my handy griddle for my bacon. I do like baking it too but haven’t used the griddle in awhile and don’t like using the oven in the summer. Just seems wrong when you can grill anything an oven can do.

I have no problem kicking up the mayo. When I make a smoked turkey and Havarti panini that can be a dull sammy so I mix some hot giardiniera in the mayo and that is amazing.

I always have roasted garlic and roasted red bell peppers in the fridge 365 days a year. I could see some roasted garlic in my BLT mayo.

The Apostate

Liked Posts:
Are you fk'ing kidding me rn? If I know HHM and I feel like I do, he probably makes his own bread from yeast that is 30 years old.
True story: my son is a Doctor of Microbiology and a very serious amateur baker.
Last year when he had to attend a seminar in San Francisco he brought a bunch of petri dishes filled with agar just so he could isolate local yeasts for future sourdoughs.

That sir, is what you call dedication to your craft.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
B.L.T. (add avocado, and sub spinach for lettuce. No mayo, mayo on it's own is gross. Use pesto instead)
Egg Salad Sandwich w/ avocado - so delicious.
Chipotle Turkey Club - Basically a BLT with Turkey & Cheese added and Mayo mixed with Chipotle powder. Fucking awesome
Tuna Melt - You can substitute avocado for mayo and serve the same purpose. Just depends what I'm in the mood for.
Grilled Cheese w/ Avocado, Tomato & Basil. Throw some red pepper pesto on that bitch too. Use Olive oil over butter.

All very simple sandwiches, all very delicious.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Best bacon-egg-cheese sandwich, go

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
French bread toast, fine herb havarti, runny egg, baked thick bacon, sriracha.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Like the siracha add... I do the same often, very good.

The havarti on the bottom piece of toast acts a bit like like a sauce also. Not a good melting cheese, but the flavour goes well with sriracha and bacon & eggs.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If I'm being honest and I don't want to get out over my skis here but my feeling on this whole bacon egg and cheese sandwich concept is that the egg and cheese are not ideal for engagement. What we're looking for is more bacon execution consistency, not to pave the cow path and muddy up the waters with the add of other ingredients to our mix here. Sticking to what we're really good at, that is, bacon and bread, is really the bread and butter of what makes our enterprise successful. Not to sound like I'm adverse to new innovations and even integrations, but a bacon sarnie is the brass tacks of what the breakfast sandwich is really meant to be.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If I'm being honest and I don't want to get out over my skis here but my feeling on this whole bacon egg and cheese sandwich concept is that the egg and cheese are not ideal for engagement. What we're looking for is more bacon execution consistency, not to pave the cow path and muddy up the waters with the add of other ingredients to our mix here. Sticking to what we're really good at, that is, bacon and bread, is really the bread and butter of what makes our enterprise successful. Not to sound like I'm adverse to new innovations and even integrations, but a bacon sarnie is the brass tacks of what the breakfast sandwich is really meant to be.

STFU crys.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Best bacon-egg-cheese sandwich, go
Sliced thin sourdogh bread, buttered, toasted on a griddle, flipped over (dry side down). Make three eggs in frying pan, top with Sharp cheddar cheese slices (2). Add 3-6 slices of cooked bacon, just starting to crisp. Flip bread to dry side up, build sandwich. (Mine is nearly dead on to Corner Bakery's sandwich)