Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I don’t need to taste it, in order to see what the menu consists of.

On another note, why do you keep bringing up my race, in a derogatory manner, into whether I can have some knowledge on a certain topic? While I live in ND, I am from Chicago.

Do you think that a black man from Chicago cannot possibly know anything about the world around them, and gain a knowledge of the world that consists of more than the goings on, of the South Side? Do you have a hard time believing that I have interests other than selling dope, and gang banging?

Not very Progressive of you.

You are pretending to know more about Mexican food than a Mexican born chef and restaurant owner, you don't know that is completely fucked up. I am pointing out that you are not Mexican the chef/owner is.

You are arguing with me about the food at a place I've eaten in 100's of times, and you have never set foot in there, and you think that's normal.

Neither of those things are rational, but just like the last time you will continue to argue on a subject that you know nothing about. You are a strange mother fucker, and apparently you don't know it.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You are pretending to know more about Mexican food than a Mexican born chef and restaurant owner, you don't know that is completely fucked up. I am pointing out that you are not Mexican the chef/owner is.

You are arguing with me about the food at a place I've eaten in 100's of times, and you have never set foot in there, and you think that's normal.

Neither of those things are rational, but just like the last time you will continue to argue on a subject that you know nothing about. You are a strange mother fucker, and apparently you don't know it.
What’s the name of the place again? I don’t care to look through old posts. I remember looking at the menu, and seeing the hallmarks of a Tex Mex joint. While I’ve never eaten there, I bet a dollar to a donut, that some of those dishes have Cumin in them...

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
While I’ve never eaten there, I bet a dollar to a donut, that some of those dishes have Cumin in them

giphy.gif

I'm glad to see you have moved on from the racial persecution angle.

Does anyone else want to argue about a restaurant they have never visited?

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Looks pretty authentic to me. I'm just a white man living in Iowa tho so take it FWIW
When we want a recipe for chili with beans in it and cinnamon rolls on the side we will get back to ya.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Looks pretty authentic to me. I'm just a white man living in Iowa tho so take it FWIW

don't worry about Iowa, ursa lives in North Dakota, not exactly a hot bed of Mexican culture. It is very much authentic Mexican, what freaks out ursa is the American section of the menu which is just a very good business decision.

The guy doesn't want to lose the gringo parents buying dinner for the family, most 6 year old American kids don't want tongue tacos, so he offers them chicken strips and burgers. ursa thinks that the burgers on the menu some how corrupts the rest of the Mexican menu.

If anyone has the chance to visit this fine establishment I recommend the tongue taco, corn tortilla, tongue, cilantro, onions, and I go with the red hot sauce, the green is too hot for me.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
don't worry about Iowa, ursa lives in North Dakota, not exactly a hot bed of Mexican culture. It is very much authentic Mexican, what freaks out ursa is the American section of the menu which is just a very good business decision.

The guy doesn't want to lose the gringo parents buying dinner for the family, most 6 year old American kids don't want tongue tacos, so he offers them chicken strips and burgers. ursa thinks that the burgers on the menu some how corrupts the rest of the Mexican menu.

If anyone has the chance to visit this fine establishment I recommend the tongue taco, corn tortilla, tongue, cilantro, onions, and I go with the red hot sauce, the green is too hot for me.
This sounds like fake news Mexican food.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I made some grilled cheese sandwiches tonight. Those things are criminally underrated. I had an assortment of cheeses on hand so went with pepperjack and chedder then topped it with an avocado. Very good. I recommend a grilled cheese to everyone here. Not quite top 5 though.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Cheese on Tacos, Sour Cream (in lieu of Crema), Nachos, Taco Salad, Fajitas, Jalapeño Poppers, etc

Yup, Standard Tex Mex fare...

We've been through this, it's good business to have gringo items on the menu, that has no impact on the rest of the menu.

Wouldn't you rather discuss a movie you have never seen or a song you have never heard?

North Dakota black guy knows more about Mexican food than actual Mexicans. LOL

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We've been through this, it's good business to have gringo items on the menu, that has no impact on the rest of the menu.

Wouldn't you rather discuss a movie you have never seen or a song you have never heard?

North Dakota black guy knows more about Mexican food than actual Mexicans. LOL
Do you think that when I moved to North Dakota a little over a year ago, that I forgot everything that I’ve ever learned in my life, prior to living here? That I had to re-learn to walk, and talk? That living for 4 years in Phoenix, and finally learning what Authentic Mexican Food actually was, and developing a love for it, was all lost, once I crossed the state line?

You’re funny. Weird, but funny.

What else is funny, is that you actually believe that the Tex-Mex joint you love in your little suburb, is one of the 1% of Truly Authentic Mexican restaurants in the US.

Tell me, do Mexican Immigrants come from all over Chicagoland, just to eat there?

Because if it were actually a truly Authentic Mexican joint, you would.

There is a place in Mesa AZ, where the founder was from Mexico (like your Tex Mex Joint, minus the Tex Mex) called Backyard Taco. It was called that, because the founder used to cook out of various back yards when he first started out. His meat was sourced from a Carniceria (traditional Mexican butchering is very different from American). His Carne Asada was not from flank or skirt steak, at least not in how you expect to see those cuts. How Mexicans butcher against the grain, makes for a different consistency than how Americans butcher.

And you will not find a single Tex Mex item on the Menu.

Anyway, the point being, is that both, when he was in the back yard, or after he opened his restaurant, Mexicans, from across the entire valley would drive HOURS, just to eat there (Phoenix is the 6th largest city in the US, and covers over 14,000 square miles, and they’d come from every inch of it), and wait in long assed lines, until he ran out of food. And the reason was, it was one of the 1% of Mexican joints that were actually Authentic.

And in case you were wondering, there is no shortage of “Mexican” restaurants in Phoenix. Though nearly all of them, are in fact, Tex-Mex.

I doubt that a Tex Mex Joint in Hanover Park strikes up such fervor

Last edited:

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Do you think that when I moved to North Dakota a little over a year ago, that I forgot everything that I’ve ever learned in my life, prior to living here? That I had to re-learn to walk, and talk? That living for 4 years in Phoenix, and finally learning what Authentic Mexican Food actually was, and developing a love for it, was all lost, once I crossed the state line?

You’re funny. Weird, but funny.

What else is funny, is that you actually believe that the Tex-Mex joint you love in your little suburb, is one of the 1% of Truly Authentic Mexican restaurants in the US.

Tell me, do Mexican Immigrants come from all over Chicagoland, just to eat there?

Because if it were actually a truly Authentic Mexican joint, you would.

There is a place in Mesa AZ, where the founder was from Mexico (like your Tex Mex Joint, minus the Tex Mex) called Backyard Taco. It was called that, because the founder used to cook out of various back yards when he first started out. His meat was sourced from a Carniceria (traditional Mexican butchering is very different from American). His Carne Asada was not from flank or skirt steak, at least not in how you expect to see those cuts. How Mexicans butcher against the grain, makes for a different consistency than how Americans butcher.

And you will not find a single Tex Mex item on the Menu.

Anyway, the point being, is that both, when he was in the back yard, or after he opened his restaurant, Mexicans, from across the entire valley would drive HOURS, just to eat there (Phoenix is the 6th largest city in the US, and covers over 14,000 square miles, and they’d come from every inch of it), and wait in long assed lines, until he ran out of food. And the reason was, it was one of the 1% of Mexican joints that were actually Authentic.

And in case you were wondering, there is no shortage of “Mexican” restaurants in Phoenix. Though nearly all of them, are in fact, Tex-Mex.

I doubt that a Tex Mex Joint in Hanover Park strikes up such fervor

You have never even been to the place.

Stop being so creepy.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You have never even been to the place.

Stop being so creepy.

I’ve looked at the menu. I know what are Tex Mex Dishes, and aren’t.

If a place says calls itself Chicago Style while the Pizza looks like Little Caesar’s, and you saw Oscar Meyer Franks with ketchup all over them, would you really need to eat there, to know that it’s not Authentic?

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I’ve looked at the menu. I know what are Tex Mex Dishes, and aren’t.

If a place says calls itself Chicago Style while the Pizza looks like Little Caesar’s, and you saw Oscar Meyer Franks with ketchup all over everything, would you really need to eat there, to know that it’s not Authentic?

Right, North Dakota guy knows more about Mexican food than Mexicans. It is kinda funny, just getting old.

Maybe a book you have never read?

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Right, North Dakota guy knows more about Mexican food than Mexicans. It is kinda funny, just getting old.

Maybe a book you have never read?
Here you go, with the North Dakota guy schtick. I live here, but am not from here.

So, Do tell:

Where did Fajitas originate?
Where did the Taco Salad originate?
Where did Jalapeño Poppers Originate?
Where did frying corn tortillas for Tacos originate?
Where did putting shredded cheese all over everything, originate?

Find the answer to that, then take another look at that menu, and tell me if you see those little telltales.

BTW Mexican Immigrants also invented Tex-Mex. It was an Americanizing of their traditional dishes, in order to make money. So there is nothing wrong with it. The only problem, is that YOU can’t tell the difference.

Last edited:

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Here you go, with the North Dakota guy schtick. I live here, but am not from here.

So, Do tell:

Where did Fajitas originate?
Where did the Taco Salad originate?
Where did Jalapeño Poppers Originate?
Where did frying corn tortillas for Tacos originate?
Where did putting shredded cheese all over everything, originate?

Find the answer to that, then take another look at that menu, and tell me if you see those little telltales.

BTW Mexican Immigrants also invented Tex-Mex. It was an Americanizing of their traditional dishes, in order to make money. So there is nothing wrong with it. The only problem, is that YOU can’t tell the difference.

Yes having gringo items on the menu is great for business, we have been through this already.
You do not know more about Mexican food that a Mexican chef/restaurant owner, you sound like a maniac claiming you do. Can we plaese talk about a movie you have never seen now?

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yes having gringo items on the menu is great for business, we have been through this already.
You do not know more about Mexican food that a Mexican chef/restaurant owner, you sound like a maniac claiming you do. Can we plaese talk about a movie you have never seen now?
Are you said Mexican Owner?

Because I’m arguing with your lack of knowledge.

I’ve already pointed out the fact that the Menu is rife with what is classified as Tex-Mex, and gave examples. Outside of platitudes and Ad Hominems, you’ve offered nothing.

The whole reason why Tex Mex was created, was to sell food to Gringos. Thanks for conceding to my point, and in a Freudian manner, agreeing as to what your favorite little restaurant, actually is.

Last edited: