**Official** Training Camp News & Scheisse [Football Talk Only]

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
He was treating Ro with family rules to start. When Ro went hardball business then Poles started treating him like a business adversary instead of family. That's just dealing with his shit like he should IMO. If he didn't I'd wonder about him.
Well, family rules can suck too.

I once saw one of my brothers sell the watch of another brother to a third brother who was visiting for a week from another state. He sold a $100 watch for 25 cents and the visiting brother took the watch and never looked back.

Since Poles offered Roquan several contracts, it is safe to say that they were all different.

Do you honestly think that Poles first offered Roquan a 30 million per year contract but Roquan then refused it because he saw that it would adversely affect the Bears cap in the future and then later contracts went from 28, 26, 24, 22 and finally the 20 million per year latest contract? Of course not.

So Poles was low-balling Roquan in his previous contracts which upset Roquan. This upset Roquan and would upset anyone of us (with realistic changes to the money amounts).

Because he chose to be his own agent, he used how he felt as a way to put pressure on the team.

Now the calling other teams seems stupid and illegal unless the Bears gave Roquan as Roquan's agent the ability to call other teams for a trade. Seeing that the front office again seems to be extremely secretive, I wouldn't put it past them to tell teams that Roquan can call them as his own agent without telling the press. It would be a way of letting Roquan find out that there really isn't a market for him getting 20 million.

Just my thoughts on a gameday morning.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Before, did you say seasons or off-seasons?

Honestly, not sure but that would be a game changer one way or another.

He said seasons and then got mad when I pointed it out as if it was my fault he didn't say what he meant.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
A year earlier and 2 years of meh will certainly limit his deal. I already addressed this regarding AR. He could have got more from the Bear contract than the $15m he's making now. In Quans case, his tag # is lower than the average salary he's looking for and if he loafs, it will be less the next year, wherever he plays, just like AR.

But my point is not about what Quan gets. It is about what the Bears get. At the end of the day I am a Bears fan and getting shitty production and no comp from good to great players doesn't help the team.

The fact ARob fucked himself as well is irrelevant as his doing so doesn't mean Goodell is going to step in and give us a draft pick because of it.

Of course still plenty time for a positive outcome.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
But my point is not about what Quan gets. It is about what the Bears get. At the end of the day I am a Bears fan and getting shitty production and no comp from good to great players doesn't help the team.

The fact ARob fucked himself as well is irrelevant as his doing so doesn't mean Goodell us going to step in and give us a draft pick because of it.
Seems a little like both sides of a candle.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Seems a little like both sides of a candle.

Well I would say MAD ie Mutually Assured Destruction where there are only losers and no winners.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@Dejo
That analysis of non-QB talent us interesting but would be more useful at end of the season given there are so many unknowns with the Bears.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well I would say MAD ie Mutually Assured Destruction where there are only losers and no winners.
I suppose but it's Roquan pulling the pin. Let's see if he puts it back or releases the lever.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I suppose but it's Roquan pulling the pin. Let's see if he puts it back or releases the lever.

Well that is why I said Pace will probably have to de-escalate. In this scenario Quan is Russia and Bears are US. Expecting the rogue actor to calm things down is probably not a good idea.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well that is why I said Pace will probably have to de-escalate. In this scenario Quan is Russia and Bears are US. Expecting the rogue actor to calm things down is probably not a good idea.
This will be interesting. I wonder how concerned Poles is with setting precedent.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
@Dejo
That analysis of non-QB talent us interesting but would be more useful at end of the season given there are so many unknowns with the Bears.

It will be a moving target year to year outside of the few elites at each position. Seems like a high volatility exercise.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
This will be interesting. I wonder how concerned Poles is with setting precedent.
They should also worry about the precedent they don’t take care of their best players. Mooney contract is up for extension next season. The way the wr market is if everyone here is turned off by the process over smith can’t wait for next years fireworks lol

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They should also worry about the precedent they don’t take care of their best players. Mooney contract is up for extension next season. The way the wr market is if everyone here is turned off by the process over smith can’t wait for next years fireworks lol
When it comes to FA, money talks. It's not like there's much negotiating.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:

I don't think that will be as much of a concern unless mooney decides to fire his agent and represent himself. Roquan's level of greed seems insanely high, firing his agent to likely save on commission and then thinking it wouldn't be hard to do it himself.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Cmon man. Can you all just be adults? All you are doing here is inviting personal bullshit into this thread, which I'm trying hard to squash while remaining fair.

I don't like banning people, and frankly, I've got more important things to do with my time than chasing down reports trying to figure out who started what, where. My patience is running thin though. I'm gonna start banning anyone who even remotely baits, trolls or otherwise brings these threads off track.

Please be better.

cc: @Anytime23 @dabears70

GEdPfpk.gif

And I mean that genuinely.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I don't think that will be as much of a concern unless mooney decides to fire his agent and represent himself. Roquan's level of greed seems insanely high, firing his agent to likely save on commission and then thinking it wouldn't be hard to do it himself.
So when poles tries to sign Mooney for 15 mil a year and won’t budge while the rest of the league is paying 20-30 mil for wrs you don’t think there will be an issue next offseason? Can’t wait for all the easy to replace posts when fans again take management over players side