**Official** Training Camp News & Scheisse [Football Talk Only]

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think people shouldn’t read into Jenkins anything other than they’re giving the guy a chance. (Which is great). Where this goes now is up to him and his play. Would be huge for this team if he could step in.

I really like the arc coaches have take with him. Basically have made him earn it all the way up the depth chart and seems like he is responding so far

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Smith is coming to practice because that is what the CBA requires, nowhere in there does it say Smith has to practice, just that he has to be there. It is not unexcused if he is showing up for practice. At that point this comes down to interpretation. A fine line that to date other teams that have been in the same situation have avoided.

I am sure he could try and fight it but he would most likely lose IMO because I think it is quite obvious the point of the clause would be that he actually practice. However not really worth it for the term if they have any desire to work out a deal.

Yeah I mentioned that earlier that likely Bears and Chiefs had an arrangement although I presumed it was Poles that reached out given his connection to KC.

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
Smith is coming to practice because that is what the CBA requires, nowhere in there does it say Smith has to practice, just that he has to be there. It is not unexcused if he is showing up for practice. At that point this comes down to interpretation. A fine line that to date other teams that have been in the same situation have avoided.
I feel like we've seen this play out before and my concern is that even if he does sign in the next week or two, we will have to see a slow ramp up that doesn't have Roquan on the field until week 4 or 5 of the regular season. <sarcasm> Nothing endears you to fans more than to hold out, eventually sign some crazy high deal and not be able to be on the field for any duration due to being out of game shape </sarcasm>. At least unlike his rookie year, he already knows more about the defense but having not executed the new system nuances on the field is not going to be helpful.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Chargers have a fair shot at the playoffs.
The best shot of the 5, imo. I just seem to recall that they were a minute away from the playoffs last season, and then Coach Analytics got in his own way.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Pardon the snark in my reply to you. Was meant more for those that were pissed Poles didn't spend bad money this offseason.
I didn’t feel as though it was snarky. But, you’re right about not spending just to spend cuz the position group is lacking