**Official** Training Camp News & Scheisse [Football Talk Only]

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I really like the arc coaches have take with him. Basically have made him earn it all the way up the depth chart and seems like he is responding so far
Plus, since they did it through a real struggle, it showed a possibly better position fit for him. ‘Flus didn’t start with a preconceived notion, but, instead, used an empirical objective analysis.

Moving Jenkins to G is an idea I toyed with and discussed in the off season. I liked the idea of him inside straight blasting and mauling motherfuckers, pushing them like punks at a Clash show and smashing them like Zach does the machine.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Plus, since they did it through a real struggle, it showed a possibly better position fit for him. ‘Flus didn’t start with a preconceived notion, but, instead, used an empirical objective analysis.

Moving Jenkins to G is an idea I toyed with and discussed in the off season. I liked the idea of him inside straight blasting and mauling motherfuckers, pushing them like punks at a Clash show and smashing them like Zach does the machine.
I would like Jenkins to be an absolute bully at RG. Push people into the dirt and move on to the next one. He has the strength to set the tone for the whole game, and I wouldnt mind a few penalties over the year for playing too long after the whistle.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Can anyone comment on the worst WRs group of the expensive group and the best WRs group of the cheap group?

I would be interested in knowing who really threw their money away and who was stingy yet ended up with a pretty good WR group.
Patriots are the worst of the expensive group, although Jaguars are pretty mediocre too. Colts and browns are decent in the cheap group. Browns could use depth, but Cooper is a 1 and peoples-jones is a solid deep threat.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Eddie Jackson saw this and will return 9 INT for tuddies this year to get the bag

Derwin James was in the exact same position as Smith, at camp on his 5th year option. This is the result of a hold in, show up for camp, do nothing more than walk throughs and get his huge extension. Smith like James has clearly outplayed his rookie deal, but does he like James deserve to set the market?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I think that the AFC West is going to be a must-see conference and, yes, the Chargers might be good and still miss the playoffs.
FTR, I think the Chargers do win that division and make the playoffs, but I also thought they'd make the playoffs last season.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Derwin James was in the exact same position as Smith, at camp on his 5th year option. This is the result of a hold in, show up for camp, do nothing more than walk throughs and get his huge extension. Smith like James has clearly outplayed his rookie deal, but does he like James deserve to set the market?
James is one of the best, if not the best FS out there. Roquan is not the best out there. He is playing new position and not the top ILB in the league. Warner, Leonard, and Parsons are better. Roquan should get paid but not break the bank ? paid. $19-20 mil a year.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
It's bizarre the Patriots are spending that much with devante Parker as their top wr. Their group is pretty awful
i'm thinking they must be including te's or something because i don't get it...they have agholor and parker as the guys with time

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It’s possible all five in that top group miss the playoffs.

It is sad as outside of Chargers I would not call any of those WR groups really good.

I feel like we've seen this play out before and my concern is that even if he does sign in the next week or two, we will have to see a slow ramp up that doesn't have Roquan on the field until week 4 or 5 of the regular season. <sarcasm> Nothing endears you to fans more than to hold out, eventually sign some crazy high deal and not be able to be on the field for any duration due to being out of game shape </sarcasm>. At least unlike his rookie year, he already knows more about the defense but having not executed the new system nuances on the field is not going to be helpful.

Well if it is that important to the Bears they can pay him what he wants.

Yes whether with us or someone else.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
It is sad as outside of Chargers I would not call any of those WR groups really good.
And I think that's the larger part. It's also the reason why I didn't get down on Poles for not going out and spending like crazy, especially on the WR group. It's so easy to go out and spend like crazy for that position. I heard a decent argument a few weeks ago about this, and I tend to agree : think about the contract Kirk Cousins got from the Vikings a few years back. Even at the time people thought it was stupid. Now fast forward and look at what some of the FA WRs got. Is Christian Kirk really worth the possible $84M he got this offseason?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
And I think that's the larger part. It's also the reason why I didn't get down on Poles for not going out and spending like crazy, especially on the WR group. It's so easy to go out and spend like crazy for that position. I heard a decent argument a few weeks ago about this, and I tend to agree : think about the contract Kirk Cousins got from the Vikings a few years back. Even at the time people thought it was stupid. Now fast forward and look at what some of the FA WRs got. Is Christian Kirk really worth the possible $84M he got this offseason?

No. Kirk isn't worth half of that.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Yeah if Mooney takes a step then just extend him and draft a WR early. By the time that young WR is ready for a new deal Mooney's contract will be winding down.