**Official** Training Camp News & Scheisse [Football Talk Only]

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Or you could trade him if you don't intend to pay him like was done with Adams, AJ Brown, Marquise Brown, Tyreek Hill, etc. Bears should have moved him in 2020 or after tagging him before they destroyed his value. Just like they should have traded Jordan Howard before 2018 instead of destroying his value then trying to move him.

This isn't that hard. Good teams figure out whether they will resign someone long term or not and if not trade the guy while his value is still high.
Again they don’t know how Quan will look in a 4-3 and yes I’m aware what you said about our Nickel package last year

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Or you could trade him if you don't intend to pay him like was done with Adams, AJ Brown, Marquise Brown, Tyreek Hill, etc. Bears should have moved him in 2020 or after tagging him before they destroyed his value. Just like they should have traded Jordan Howard before 2018 instead of destroying his value then trying to move him.

This isn't that hard. Good teams figure out whether they will resign someone long term or not and if not trade the guy while his value is still high.

Re-sign.

Thanks

J2hotnspicyy

Liked Posts:
We aren’t getting a 1st for Roquan, plain and simple. If you get a high 2nd, maybe you go for him. But Bears already skipped grabbing Justin a high-value return WR in Pickens at that spot. Their philosophy was get best player available, because the entire team needs help. Kinda have to follow your philosophy through at this point

Roquan for a 2nd? And not even a gurantee Poles goes WR? Nah. Maybee if there is a WR you could trade Roquan for straight up, but the offers (supposedly) are at best for guys on a different timeline scale like Lockett

We saw Fields with Allen Robinson last year and the guy didn’t do anything for Fields. Talent is great, but we need guys who are similar timeline to Fields, young so they can connect/grow together. And it likely has nothing to do with Roquan

So if it’s manageable, sign your best player. Not sure how having a great player will conflict, other than tying some money up in the position. But also, if he moves on from Roquan it’s understandable. I’m good with either, but developing this offense is going to take time. Just the way it is

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
That means jack shit to me. In the same way it is not about beating Quan, it is not about saving Pace and Nagy's jobs. Once again, my comments were from the perspective of doing what is best for THE TEAM not the player, not the GM, not the coach. THE TEAM.

The best thing for THE TEAM is to sign star players longer term or get value for them in trade. It is not to try and win a pissing contest with the player or to save the job of the GM or coach. Having ARob play under the tag when he was clearly opposed to it was not good for THE TEAM. The irony is it probably also helped get Pace and Nagy fired as we probably would have been better off last year with say a 2nd round pick that we could have used on a player that actually wanted to be here.
I didn't realize you were making an argument about how moves should be made when human nature is removed from the process,i.e. Madden, though you do seem like an A.I. bot sometimes, or maybe more like an A.un-I. bot.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I was just listening to a sportscast on my pizza delivery route to the 60-year-old stripper who has somehow survived only by eating domino’s for the past 15 years and they said that our target next draft should be a franchise left tackle to take care of fields or whomever succeeds him
Did you run into Roquan at her house?

Bort

Liked Posts:
Such a dumb take from Cowherd.

"If you want to win a super bowl, your best player has to be a quarterback, wide receiver, offensive tackle, or edge rusher"

Meanwhile, Aaron Donald is the best player for the reigning super bowl champions.

Your best player can be at literally any position as long as you have enough talent at the other key positions.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Colin Cowherd is a blowhard and doesn't know shit. Didnt watch the video either
I never understood this type of take.

"He's an ass and therefore doesn't know shit!"

What does one have to do with the other?

He can be a blowhard and an ass, AND being in that industry may have heard something. People's like or dislike of him is 100% completely irrelevant to the latter part.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Cowherd is one of the bests at his job. I personally enjoy listening to him when Im in the car. For a national radio show he is one of the better listens. Of course ge cabt be tuned into every team perfectly, but overall he is very fair and many times accurate with his assessments. Some people will hate the media no matter what though.

With that said, this sounds like some sort of tampering piece "the Cowboys are interested." If there is an offer for a WR on the table then let's assess it. But right now there are no elite WRs on the market. The 2023 FA receiver market is looking pretty dim. We have enough cap space to sign Roquan and whatever middle tier receiver comes available next offseason. Getting rid of Roquan isnt going to change these things.

Its only tampering if they reached out to him (since he doesn't have an agent) without consulting the Bears.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Such a dumb take from Cowherd.

"If you want to win a super bowl, your best player has to be a quarterback, wide receiver, offensive tackle, or edge rusher"

Meanwhile, Aaron Donald is the best player for the reigning super bowl champions.

Your best player can be at literally any position as long as you have enough talent at the other key positions.

Aaron Donald basically is a dominant edge rusher from the DT position. I mean he has the same impact on the QB as a great DE would. Maybe more since pressure up the middle is brutal on a QB.

(I’m not defending CowTurd)

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I never understood this type of take.

"He's an ass and therefore doesn't know shit!"

What does one have to do with the other?

He can be a blowhard and an ass, AND being in that industry may have heard something. People's like or dislike of him is 100% completely irrelevant to the latter part.
That's exactly what was said in the post you quoted.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Again they don’t know how Quan will look in a 4-3 and yes I’m aware what you said about our Nickel package last year

They know his traits are ideal for this D. If Quan was in this year's draft everyone would be saying he is a classic Cover 2 WILL LB ad that is what I said in 2018 as to why I didn't want the Bears to draft him.