**Official** Training Camp News & Scheisse [Football Talk Only]

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ok, Arob had one really costly drop against the Browns. It was bad.

That Packer's game was late in the year. Nagy had already taken Arob out of the offensive gameplan by this point in the season. Robinson sat out for a few games to protect himself. Sure, you can say he didn't give good effort this play. But Bears did him wrong well before this point in the season. Plus, they weren't getting him the ball this game either like usual.

Talent and ability dont mean shit if you dont have courage and heart. There were several instances as well where he gave up on routes.

And whatever his beef with the Bears, there is no excuse for leaving Fields to fend for himself and literally walking off the Field.

Look I get why ARob may have checked out but the fact is regardless of the reasons why it was unprofessional and put Fields at risk. So fuck him. Dont care if he blows up with the Rams or not. He was no longer worthy of being a Bear because he put the franchise QB at risk. Period. End of story.

I'm not buying this narrative. Or at least not blaming Arob, if this is even minutely true. The bottom line is that Arob was averaging 100 catches and near 1,200 yards receiving the last two seasons with the Bears.

I agree that Fields likes to throw to guys with separation, but in the NFL its not always going to be there. You have to trust your playmakers. And even if Fields was hesitant, Matt Nagy should have done what was necessary to make sure his top playmaker got the ball in his hand. You design and call plays for Arob. You do everything to help your rookie QB by having him utilize his best weapon. Fields can make a tight throw. But you have to force feed Arob the ball.

If Fields starts throwing the INT, then you adjust. But until then it should make life easier when you get your top playmaker involved.

Again it really doesnt matter who you want to blame. ARob responded like a coward and bitch. Life will always have adverstiy. A dude of his stature and ability should know how to overcome it. Not pout like a lil bitch and put his QB at risk.

If it was all Nagy, Poles and Eber would have likely made an offer. However they want dudes who are professional and put in maximum effort. I can only imagine how disgusted they were watching a guy of ARob's caliber mail it in.

Last edited:

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hang on, today's going to be ramped up a bit with updates and photos.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Given how pissed Poles seemed to be regarding OL that would see Fields get hit and not do anything about it, I can't imagine Poles would view ARob half assing it and putting Fields at risk as worthy of a contract. His whole attitude last year runs counter to Eberflus' HITS philosophy and again he put the development of a rookie QB at risk. If Fields did not run out of bounds and that defender blew him up, I think we would be having a very different convo about ARob. What he did to Fields on that play was gutless.

Well because I don't think it makes any sense. When I watch the tape, I don't see a guy that was schemed out. Nagy is a terrible playcaller and what I see is a guy affected by terrible play calls like everyone else. The difference is Mooney overcame that and ARob didn't.

I mean there were a couple of times Fields threw to ARob deep and the dude just stopped running his route. Think one of them even led to an Int if I am not mistaken.
So you think Arob is gonna slouch in LA then?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So you think Arob is gonna slouch in LA then?

No I am saying whether he does or not is irrelevant. The facts are he did it here and he is no longer a Bear. So aside from fantasy I really dont care how he does with the Rams unless his new contract with the Rams included a time machine.