**Official** Training Camp News & Scheisse [Football Talk Only]

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
One of the reasons monty is key.

Herbert is basically useless in the passing game.

People think monty is replaceable, and as a runner he is....But he's very good at pass pro and catching for a RB.

The issue is how much you willing to pay for that. If I am Monty, I am probably looking for 10-12m a year

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
The issue is how much you willing to pay for that. If I am Monty, I am probably looking for 10-12m a year
For the next three years, say, is that a bad bet to make? The Bears are flush with cash next year, and have a pretty clean slate with money going forward. If you can plan your expenses well, I do not think it is a bad financial decision to lock up a RB that works well for you while you can afford it.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
For the next three years, say, is that a bad bet to make? The Bears are flush with cash next year, and have a pretty clean slate with money going forward. If you can plan your expenses well, I do not think it is a bad financial decision to lock up a RB that works well for you while you can afford it.

For me it is as I don't think his pass blocking is worth it when I can just carry Herbert and Ebner for under 2m a year combined.

msadows

Liked Posts:
For me it is as I don't think his pass blocking is worth it when I can just carry Herbert and Ebner for under 2m a year combined.

Hard to predict ebner right now. He looks good in preseason but its preseason.

If this oline can actually run block unlike last year then it might not matter who runs the ball, but its pretty clear that Herbert is not a 3 down NFL back as he can't pass block and has terrible hands even for a RB.

SpinachTeeth

Liked Posts:
I tried to watch him quite a bit and he was very solid. My guess is they try to roll out .... Jones WH Mustipher Jenkins RR.... with Fields for about a 1/2 next weekend to see where they stand. They then have 2 weeks to get Patrick healthy and up to speed at C for the opener .

Did Patrick even have his surgery yet? I hadn’t heard anything

msadows

Liked Posts:
Louis Riddick has embraced being a TV personality and not a GM. I'm all in on people thinking the bears roster is bad, because it is, but Seattle is equally terrible with the worst qb situation in football.

The bears roster isn't even that bad, its just got a lot of young talent and unknowns.

Seagulls just suck all around.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Louis Riddick has embraced being a TV personality and not a GM. I'm all in on people thinking the bears roster is bad, because it is, but Seattle is equally terrible with the worst qb situation in football.
I think the big difference in how these two teams will be covered is that the Bears are supposed to have their QB of the future and they've done very little to give him help to speed him up development. I dont think theres anyone out there who believes Drew Lock is the future of Seattle. If Seattle is going to be shit, its not going to really mean anything.

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:
I have to agree; that broadcast sucked.
They really overplayed the whole Ro Smith thing. Ever after commercials and what not, they kept talking about it. So much more to talk about when a team has a completely new staff and new GM, new players.

Dont even get me started on Leavy being a moron and the sideline girl being annoying with her ("I tried guys") reporting. Lame questions asking Lockett if he too was upset with coach not playing him. I know its a joke but seriously... talk football.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
They really overplayed the whole Ro Smith thing. Ever after commercials and what not, they kept talking about it. So much more to talk about when a team has a completely new staff and new GM, new players.

Dont even get me started on Leavy being a moron and the sideline girl being annoying with her ("I tried guys") reporting. Lame questions asking Lockett if he too was upset with coach not playing him. I know its a joke but seriously... talk football.
Lol levy said it was poles on the screen when they showed roquan talking to desai. He clearly had no clue who Ryan poles was

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Hard to predict ebner right now. He looks good in preseason but its preseason.

If this oline can actually run block unlike last year then it might not matter who runs the ball, but its pretty clear that Herbert is not a 3 down NFL back as he can't pass block and has terrible hands even for a RB.

Even if Ebner is not ready completely then you can just draft a RB in later rounds. Herbert was undrafted and Ebner was a 6th rounder. Unless a RB is truly elite or the missing piece to a title contender just doesn't make sense especially in the Shanny outside zone system that has historically found RBs late in the draft or undrafted quite a bit.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Suggesting the starting O line allowed 0 pressures doesn't compute. Did you see Justin Fiedlds constantly pressured? Where do they get this stuff?

He was not pressured constantly. Let's break it down. Bear in mind a pressure is defined as a QB throwing the ball before he wants to.

1st Pass - Designed screen where Kmet chips and then settles for the screen. You have to let the defenders get drawn in so that does not count as a pressure. That is the play design.

2nd Pass - Blitz late and Herbert misses the block so the pressure was on him not the OL.

1st Scramble - The rush is pushed past him and he has a pocket to step up into but instead of keeping eyes downfield he tries to run for it. This would not be considered a pressure.

3rd Pass - Jenkins is late on picking up the guy Borom lets go of due to a late blitz. However, Fields easily evades him and so this would not be a pressure because Fields is able to get rid of the ball when he wants to.

4th Pass - This is the rollout where he hits Kmet and there is no pressure.

5th Pass - Screen to Mooney

6th Pass - Pass to Mooney in back of end zone. There is no pressure on this play except at the very end but he had plenty of time to throw so would not be considered a pressure.

7th Pass - He actually gets fooled by a fake blitz and throws it early when there was really no pressure to speak of.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Lol levy said it was poles on the screen when they showed roquan talking to desai. He clearly had no clue who Ryan poles was
I thought that was a nice comedy routine, because minutes later they kept showing Poles in the suite...repeatedly

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hey, asshole, thanks for reminding me of mufasa’s tragic tragic demise
Disagree. He points to ESB in an attempt to fool the D into thinking he is going their and he had Mooney. Just needed a slightly better pass. On 2nd and 4, those are the chances I have no problem with him taking. The bigger issues was the 3rd down play where he rushed things as he got fooled by a fake blitz.

Also wouldn't say ESB is wide open. The defender is 3 yards off but clearly watchin Fields and sees him pointing at ESB. It is a question of how fast Fields can get the ball in there and how fast the defender can close.

That’s exactly how i saw it watching live…like he was trying to fool them with EQ and then hit mooney. It’s preseason, try that type of stuff out.