1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Hurts is already better than I expected. :beer:

I liked him in the draft that year, this is a make or break year for him. Really curious to see if he takes the next step.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Gesicki isn't really a pass catching TE. He is a big slot WR which is where the problem lies as Dolphins will be using Hill and Waddle in the slot a lot as well. In 827 offensive snaps, Gesicki lined up in-line only 99 times. That is only 11% of the time. This preseason he has lined up in-line 17 out of 34 snaps ie 50% of the time. That is a massive increase and not sure his blocking holds up at in-line TE which is critical for an outside zone team. Kmet is actually a better fit for the Shanny offense that McDaniels and Getsy use than Gesicki although I would say Gesicki would be a better fit for the Bears as he could play big slot for us as we don't have a Hill or Waddle blocking him from playing the slot.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The thing about the Lions though, and you'll see it in Hard Knocks, is the coaches are all ex-players and fiery like Campbell. You have Deuce Staley barking at Aaron Glenn while they're scrimmaging. It makes for good TV but how does that not distract from attention coaches should be putting on the players?

Guys like Campbell give you a spark, but when the team continues to do stupid shit, you have to question the focus and discipline of the coaching staff. We saw this before with the Bears defense under Fangio, and it quickly devolved into nonsense that cost them games when Vic was gone..

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That is a pretty good speech actually.
I thought it was inspiring for sure, even if the pants thing was awkward af

And he is right, that franchise has to shake off the self defeating bullshit

Problem is, it was all metaphor. And with a team like the lions, they've heard all this shit before.

There is a point where metaphors don't mean shit anymore and people want actual practical actions to take to stop beating themselves

A perfect example is how Johnson talked about seeing the results from the Flus HITS thing. Him saying, wow this shit actually works. Actual methods players can implement that yield actual results.

The rah rah shit is great if you already got systems in place. But there was nothing in that speech for players to actually implement in order to achieve what he was calling for. I mean are they supposed to literally take their pants off?

msadows

Liked Posts:
That was a joke. Obviously don't think he would ask for 30m a year.

Thought this was sarcasm.

If roquan somehow does with defensive POTY, I'm sure Poles would give him anything he wants.
That is a pretty good speech actually.

Stone Cold Steve Austin, if he coached football

I'm good. Gesicki is okay, but not a difference maker at TE. Not trying to pay those type of guys.

Best scenario would be for kmet to learn how to catch touchdowns this season.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I thought it was inspiring for sure, even if the pants thing was awkward af

And he is right, that franchise has to shake off the self defeating bullshit

Problem is, it was all metaphor. And with a team like the lions, they've heard all this shit before.

There is a point where metaphors don't mean shit anymore and people want actual practical actions to take to stop beating themselves

A perfect example is how Johnson talked about seeing the results from the Flus HITS thing. Him saying, wow this shit actually works. Actual methods players can implement that yield actual results.

The rah rah shit is great if you already got systems in place. But there was nothing in that speech for players to actually implement in order to achieve what he was calling for. I mean are they supposed to literally take their pants off?
Yeah whatever. Lions 2-14