**Official** Training Camp News & Scheisse [Football Talk Only]

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
The thing about the Lions though, and you'll see it in Hard Knocks, is the coaches are all ex-players and fiery like Campbell. You have Deuce Staley barking at Aaron Glenn while they're scrimmaging. It makes for good TV but how does that not distract from attention coaches should be putting on the players?

Guys like Campbell give you a spark, but when the team continues to do stupid shit, you have to question the focus and discipline of the coaching staff. We saw this before with the Bears defense under Fangio, and it quickly devolved into nonsense that cost them games when Vic was gone..
Agreed. Campbell is a guy you want to root for, but he's so desperate. If the Lions don't start hot, it will go down fast. Players love the authenticity, all employees do, but he comes across as extra desperate. He needs more "swag" LOL.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Agreed. Campbell is a guy you want to root for, but he's so desperate. If the Lions don't start hot, it will go down fast. Players love the authenticity, all employees do, but he comes across as extra desperate. He needs more "swag" LOL.
I for one do not care about and am not rooting for Dan Campbell. Why would Bears fans root for a division rival head coach? I hope he fails miserably and so does the next coach who replaces him.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
I for one do not care about and am not rooting for Dan Campbell. Why would Bears fans root for a division rival head coach? I hope he fails miserably and so does the next coach who replaces him.
More of a "in general" comment. The National Media and some football fans around me love him. I keep thinking about a comment one of my young gun employees said about something else that works here: He's just so damn thirsty. LOL.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I thought it was inspiring for sure, even if the pants thing was awkward af

And he is right, that franchise has to shake off the self defeating bullshit

Problem is, it was all metaphor. And with a team like the lions, they've heard all this shit before.

There is a point where metaphors don't mean shit anymore and people want actual practical actions to take to stop beating themselves

A perfect example is how Johnson talked about seeing the results from the Flus HITS thing. Him saying, wow this shit actually works. Actual methods players can implement that yield actual results.

The rah rah shit is great if you already got systems in place. But there was nothing in that speech for players to actually implement in order to achieve what he was calling for. I mean are they supposed to literally take their pants off?

Well I don't think that speech was intended to highlight things to implement. It was to motivate them. I would expect the implementation to come in actually position group meetings and the like as you would have to tailor implementation to specific sides of the ball or position groups. But sure in the end, the proof will be in the results.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Don’t know why some here said he wouldn’t be a good 3 tech.
Thought he’d be a good keep. Health was the only concern.

He has been playing 3T for us in nickel since he signed so not sure why someone would say that.

Hicks problem was not ability. It was health and attitude. He is a fucking hothead and does stupid shit on the football field from time to time so not sure he would have fit with what Flus is trying to do.