Liked Posts:

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lamar “Soup” Campbell, who was part of the team’s hiring committee and had been the player engagement director since the John Fox era, was fired before the July 4 weekend.

While the timing may have seemed odd, Poles said it was simply part of his assessment of the front office and wanting to bring in certain people. He hired Mike Wiley Jr. as the team’s director of player development and mental skills.

“I wanted to reshape our player development group,” he said. “The one thing I’ve noticed, and I knew this coming in, is just the pressures that this game puts on you. There’s a mental piece to this that’s absolutely critical and I wanted someone that could come in and be educated … on how to work with players to get their mindset the right way. How do you clear your mind, how do you go to the next step and kind of push away a bad game, a bad practice or things that are wearing on you mentally? How can you overcome that? And I just wanted to go a different direction on the support that we’re giving our players in that aspect of it.”

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For what it is worth, in another thread he said the signing of Schofield and Reiff were solid moves.
Yes I did, and I also said months ago that the best Bear's O-lineman wasn't on the team yet. Barring injuries, the Bears O-line just went from OMG bad to Meh.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yes I did, and I also said months ago that the best Bear's O-lineman wasn't on the team yet. Barring injuries, the Bears O-line just went from OMG bad to Meh.

Bro they just signed 2 HOF'ers. Not sure what your talking about.