dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
But your not telling the truth. Your giving your opinions and not everyone agrees with them. Poles stated from the beginning he believes in building through the draft. So that should have been the first sign for any Bears fan that he wasn’t going to go out and spend big money in FA in his first offseason.

If you actually look at the offseason you can clearly see he is following his plan. He’s building an offensive scheme that fits Fields and building an entire new team through the draft. I’m not saying it’s going to pan out but it’s also not underwhelming. Underwhelming is saying he is going to do something, then does the compete opposite. I’m sorry he isn’t doing what YOU want him to do
And this is your opinion so what makes your opinion right and mine wrong?

I expected more in free agency. Not saying i expected him to sign any of the big names but expected more than what he's done.

This offseason has been underwhelming IMO.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not upset, i actually said that i won't judge Poles until he gets through next offseason's free agency and draft to see what he does with a huge cap and a draft with all of our picks.

You're making it boring.

The thing is you say you aren't going to judge him but then you proceed to judge him. Let me break it down for you.

Yep he signed two average vets and one young guy who's had very minimal starting time in the NFL and just got hurt, which we all know that on CCS that means the GM made a bad signing. Oh and can't wait to see how many of these late round OL make the team...LOL
This is you shitting on his signings so that is a judgment. If this were Ryan Pace you would say he potentially found 3 vet starters in FA for the short term and drafted 4 guys that could potentially start in the future. You would then say let's see how they play before we judge these signings. I know this for a fact because you already saying Borom is a success if he makes the roster as a 5th round pick and you always defended guys Pace signed like German Ifedi saying he has potential as a former 1st round pick.
I never said i wanted him to overpay for anyone, all i said was it doesn't seem to me like he took the OL too seriously after what he did, or didn't do, in free agency and the draft where he passed up on many OL when he could of taken the OL much more seriously if he chose to.

Again not sure how adding 8 guys to the OL in one offseason is not taking it seriously. If this were Pace you would have orgasmed by now. So again this is clearly a passive aggressive biased take against Poles because you still butthurt about Pace. At this point I don't even think you realize you are biased but go back and read how you would masturbate over every little FA Pace signed and caution about how we should give them a chance vs how you talk about things here.

After the offseason he's had so far people should be on his case with what he's done, or hasn't done, so far because he hasn't done much besides doing the easy work of tearing a team down.
Again this is biased because after similar Pace offseasons like this you told us to wait and let's see how these guys perform. At no point did you claim it was fair for people to be on his case. It is amazing how patient you are with Pace moves and how critical you already are of Poles. I cannot think of a single Pace offseason where you were on Pace's case. I mean fuck, we went into a season with Kendal fucking Wright as our No 1 WR and you were still on Pace's dick.
I'll save my opinion on Poles as a GM after what i see him do with the cap space he has and the draft that he'll have all of his picks for which all should be real close to the top of each round.

But you haven't saved your opinion on him. You are admittedly already on his case after 7 years of patience with Pace. Like can you find a single post these past 7 years where you were on Pace's case for a poor offseason? Or are you going to pretend every Pace offseason was a winner?

Last edited:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
By the way lets not forget his first signing (Larry O) which was a significant signing, so he did try to sign someone to a good contract, wasn't a huge deal but was a good deal.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Umm no. Mooney had a few steps on the DB, that is not a ball that should be thrown back shoulder. That is a ball if he hits Mooney in stride it is a TD. You throw back shoulder when the DB has tight coverage not when your WR with 4.3 speed has his man beat deep.

Darnell Mooney is not a jump ball contested catch No 1 WR. Neither is Tyreek Hill. They are Speed and Quicks No 1 WRs. So the onus is on the QB to throw the ball out in front of them when they have their man beat deep not back shoulder it to a 5-10 WR who has to break his stride and come back to a ball that is underthrown. You throw back shoulder to St Brown or Harry. Not Tyreek Hill or Darnell Mooney.

Last edited:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The thing is you say you aren't going to judge him but then you proceed to judge him. Let me break it down for you.

This is you shitting on his signings so that is a judgment. If this were Ryan Pace you would say he potentially found 3 vet starters in FA for the short turn and drafted 4 guys that could potentially start in the future. You would then say let's see how they play before we judge these signings. I know this for a fact because you already saying Borom is a success if he makes the roster as a 5th round pick and you always defended guys Pace signed like German Ifedi saying he has potentially as a former 1st round pick.

Again now sure how adding 8 guys to the OL in one offseason is not taking it seriously. If this were Pace you would have orgasmed by now. So again this is clearly a passive aggressive biased take against Poles because you still butthurt about Pace. At this point I don't even think you realize you are biased but go back and read how you would masturbate over every little FA Pace signed and caution about how we should give them a chance vs how you talk about thing here.

Again this is biased because after similar Pace offseasons like this you told us to wait and let's see how these guys perform. At no point did you claim it was fair for people to be on his case. It is amazing how patient you are with Pace moves and how critical you already are of Poles. I cannot think of a single Pace offseason where you were on Pace's case.

But you haven't saved your opinion on him. You are admittedly already being on his case after 7 years of patience with Pace. Like can you find a single post these past 7 years where you were on Pace's case for a poor offseaon. Or are you going to pretend every Pace offseason was a winner?
I don't read your books, you should know that by now. Go check the stats.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
And this is your opinion so what makes your opinion right and mine wrong?

I expected more in free agency. Not saying i expected him to sign any of the big names but expected more than what he's done.

This offseason has been underwhelming IMO.
Again it’s not my opinion, it’s actually what is going on. I know this because Poles said it himself. Open your eyes and look what’s happening. Poles is following through with his plan.

“You” expected more from him. Poles again followed through with his plan. He doesn’t listen to Dongbears on CCS.

And I guarantee you Poles and company do not think this offseason was underwhelming.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Well this guy hasn't missed a Bears game in 40+ years and never said anything about wanting Poles to sign a BIG NAME soooooooooo you're simply running your mouth and you don't even know what you're talking about.

Next
I know that you're bitching about the grand O-Line Poles never gave Fields, which you claim to already know isn't any good? Kind of sounds like you just wanted Big Names to make you feel better at night, like a lot of dumb fans.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Telling the truth isn't bashing Poles.

He's had a underwhelming offseason which everyone can clearly see. I didn't say i'm against a complete tear down/rebuild. I actually expected whoever our next GM was going to be to come in and tear it down because that was the clear move. I never expected or have even seen this big of a tear down though. I mean he tore this thing down to the bones and didn't do much to build it back up besides what he did in the draft, which we all should know by now that we can't count on a single one of them becoming good/great players until we actually see it in actual games. We have some really good young players left over from the last regime and if most of this last draft class can make the kind of impact we hope for then that'll be a huge help, but either way there's a lot of work to be done. Tearing it down was the easy part.

I love the Gordon and Brisker picks even though i was hoping for at least one of those picks to be a WR or OL and we'll see about the V.Jones picks and all the other picks.
Who de he send off the team that should've stayed??? All the former players needed to go. Mack was overpaid and was never worth the hype that came with him, Danny T and Hicks were old and always hurt, AR showed not a single shred of giving a shit anymore and Goldman was just collecting paychecks. I think with all the O-Line bitching, we knew Daniels wasn't gonna be worth a big contract either.

Also, who are these magical players Poles needed to sign for you to stop crying? And with money would they have gotten them?

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Who de he send off the team that should've stayed??? All the former players needed to go. Mack was overpaid and was never worth the hype that came with him, Danny T and Hicks were old and always hurt, AR showed not a single shred of giving a shit anymore and Goldman was just collecting paychecks. I think with all the O-Line bitching, we knew Daniels wasn't gonna be worth a big contract either.

Also, who are these magical players Poles needed to sign for you to stop crying? And with money would they have gotten them?
We all know he is going to bitch again next off season when Poles goes out an signs good Tier 2 guys instead of spending a shit ton of money on big name tier 1 guys. Poles will find good players who fit the scheme, yet dongbears will call it an underwhelming offseason.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I kind of assume what they are saying is accurate. The offense being clunky doesn't really mean fields has been bad... I moreso get the feeling the bears fan boys on Twitter have been blowing out of proportion how good fields has looked after each good play. This offense is certainly still a learning process for all these guys.

Also a lot of the good plays were in 7 on 7s with no pash rush. And a few I've seen were plays that kept going after would have been sacks.
Really? 3 days into camp with a new scheme and players. OMG?:rolleyes:

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Umm no. Mooney had a few steps on the DB, that is not a ball that should be thrown back shoulder. That is a ball if he hits Mooney in stride it is a TD. You throw back shoulder when the DB has tight coverage not when your WR with 4.3 speed has his man beat deep.

Darnell Mooney is not a jump ball contested catch No 1 WR. Neither is Tyreek Hill. They are Speed and Quicks No 1 WRs. So the onus is on the QB to throw the ball out in front of them when they have their man beat deep not back shoulder it to a 5-10 WR who has to break his stride and come back to a ball that is underthrown. You throw back shoulder to St Brown or Harry. Not Tyreek Hill or Darnell Mooney.

That’s fair, but if you are supposed to be a #1, not every throw is perfect. If it hits you in the hands, you snag that shit.