CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
doesn't really matter, only that I was saying, it might not necessarily be Fields fault
It's one play, from one camp drill, in July, and you two assholes are dissecting it like it's the Zapruder film. Jesus Christ both of you need a life.

You especially.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I have been a big a critic as most, on Poles FA and his neglect of the OL, but these last two recent signings have changed my opinion on that considerably. I think it changes his entire offseason grade from a massive fail to a "C" grade. I still think he got to cute trying to pry away that OL from Buffalo, when another mil or so would have sealed the deal, but it is what it is.

Better later than never.
Well,I am sure everyone including Poles is relieved that you have changed your grade from F- to C. I can tell you it sure takes a load off of my mind.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Well,I am sure everyone including Poles is relieved that you have changed your grade from F- to C. I can tell you it sure takes a load off of my mind.
Fucking Lions fan doesn't think the Bears did a good job in the offseason.

News at fucking 11.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
It's one play, from one camp drill, in July, and you two assholes are dissecting it like it's the Zapruder film. Jesus Christ both of you need a life.

You especially.
If you slow it down and look closely, you can see Siemian with a box fan knocking the pass down from the grassy knoll.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I can find multiple posts of me talking about bad moves Pace made whether it was in the draft, free agency or maybe even a trade, but i'm not sure if i ever talked about a whole offseason of his that was bad.

I definitely won't go do the homework to go back and find any of them because i don't care enough, but if you would like to i can promise you that there will be many times of me talking about bad moves Pace made.

Anything else?????
No, I just wanted you to put in the effort of answering a poster who goes through the effort of writing a complete post for you instead of just a quick "not going to read that" post. That is just weak and that is a problem with lots of posters here, not just you.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Yeah not sure why i would be critical of his first big signing being a complete bust or him losing money in the N.Foles fiasco
Actually, required the guy to pass a physical before signing him thus preventing him becoming a Bears bust...
Did I miss something? There was a Nick Foles fiasco with Poles??
only in dongbears70's mind
Yeah he cost the team $4 mil by not cutting him sooner than he did.
as for Foles at least get the facts kinda straight. Every nickle paid was all you boyz fault.

The restructured contract lowers Foles’ 2020 base salary from $15.125 million to $4 million, giving him a considerably smaller salary-cap hit of $5.33 million. Here is how the money breaks down in his new deal (all money is fully guaranteed with the exception of the 2022 base salary, which is guaranteed for $1 million):

• 2020: $4 million base salary, $4 million signing bonus.
  • 2021: $4 million base salary, $4 million roster bonus.
  • 2022: $4 million base salary, $4 million roster bonus.
But hey at least you aren't judging Poles prematurely.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
A whole lot of assumptions thrown around in this post but everyone has their own opinion.

I didn't know the Bears went after T.Armstead.
As for a whole lot of assumptions, there a 6 paragraphs and:

1. the first paragraph states what you said, which is that you did not expect the Bears to go after any big name free agent offensive linemen. This is not an assumption, it is your own words. There is an assumption at the end which is that you expected Poles to sign some of the non-big named players. Either this is true or you expected Poles to not sign any free agent o-line players. Even with my assumption being wrong, you should not have been underwhelmed with what the Bears did because your expectation would have been no o-line players, so that would not be an underwhelming result with the signing of any players in that situation.

2. In the 2nd paragraph, I gave the number of Bears on the team, this is a fact, not an opinion.
I then had a question for you to answer.
Please name three players that are better than Reiff, Schofield and Louis Patrick who should have been the Bears choices to sign.

3. The third paragraph was about who they went after but ended up failing in getting. These are all facts. Now you could have been sad with the results, but not underwhelmed, seeing that you didn't even know the Bears were targeting them.

4. The fourth paragraph is just some simple logic, not opinion. If you didn't expect the Bears to even go after the top names, how can you be underwhelmed when the Bears took 6 swings at the lower tiers, three of them being from a tier or two lower than the top tier?

5. the fifth paragraph IS my opinion completely. It doesn't make sense that the Bears did exactly what you expected them doing and then you were underwhelmed. So a gave my opinion of your true mindset just to make sense of your arguments. You wanting 2 or 3 top tier o-line players would create the situation of you being underwhelmed with the results because the results would have been so much lower than your dream scenario.

6. The final paragraph talks about the decision made at the times they were made. Poles was smart and brought in some of his better free agents right before camp, getting "deals" for waiting. Yes, Reiff was expensive but how much more expensive and how many more years would the Bears have had to pay if they got him in the first wave?

If you answer the question in paragraph 2, it would give a lot more clarity to why you think that the offseason was underwhelming, seeing who was on your mind as possible FA signings.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I say this in all sincerity to both you and @remydat:

Who gives a fuck?
To begin with, both of them do. So it is already up to 2 people.

More importantly, did you even notice that they were arguing about football? How often does a football discussion even happen on CCS?

We should all give a fuck and expect and demand more football related arguments and discussions.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
To begin with, both of them do. So it is already up to 2 people.

More importantly, did you even notice that they were arguing about football? How often does a football discussion even happen on CCS?

We should all give a fuck and expect and demand more football related arguments and discussions.
What a dork.