Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Let me make one thing very clear - I'm rooting for Ryan Poles to become the next great GM in the NFL for my Bears.

The Bears being relevant and a championship contending team is always the #1 goal.
I mean having back to back great GM's is a bit selfish on your part, #amirite

Visionman

Liked Posts:
So that means, amazingly.. Nagy somehow even managed to fail at his "be you" propaganda too. Lmfao.
Nah, he was himself. It was everyone else he insisted on trying to make into something different. That way he could get all the credit if it ever happened…

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
So I am particularly hopeful about how Gipson could look in the new defense. Outside of him and Quinn I am anxious about our pass rush. Has there been any positive news on the DL?

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
So i have to start with the first one i highlighted because it gave me a really good laugh for a good 25/30 seconds that Poles signing Pringle meant he checked the box for WR's so thank you for that and Hahahaha, no he didn't.

He went after Bates but didn't get him and somehow that's a positive....Hmmmmmm.

Did he check the box for the OL and is this OL better than last years? I'll hold judgment on that but leaning towards last years being better or about the same.
J.Peters
C.Whitehair
S.Mustipher--Our new C until Patrick gets back.
J.Daniels
L.Borom

R.Reiff--Upgrade over Peters?? Ummmmm not sure on that.
C.Whitehair
L.Patrick/S.Mustipher--Our new C in Patrick that played well in a very minima amount of starts with GB. I like him but none of us know how good he'll be as a full time starter.
M.Schofield--better than Daniels? Probably not
L.Borom.

I hated the Velus Jones pick in the 3rd round and most on here did and that's an absolute fact. The guy is 25 years old but he has some serious skillz so hopefully he'll end up being a good player for us that can play multiple roles. Nver said i was OK with Velus, said i was good with him and Ebner to take over for what J.Grant was giving us, but i'm not against Velus, just where we drafted him (3rd round which nobody had him going that early) and some of the players we drafted him over that were still on the board.

I loved both the K.Gordon and J.Brisker picks and both positions were much needed but guess what? Many other positions were and still are much needed as well with some of those needs on offense because you better believe that for this thing to work, it starts with Justin Fields growing and giving him more help on offense would've helped that. Tell me i'm wrong on that?

Listen..........FOR ME the offseason was underwhelming for sure, now that doesn't mean that this team and many of these players Poles brought in can't change that to me being happy with some of the moves i'm down on, but as of now it's underwhelming.
Bro I didn’t read that story.

Poles brought in an offensive staff that will cater towards Fields abilities. He signed tier 2 players like he said he would to fit the system. He recently upgraded the offensive line and has much better depth. You like the rookie Wr but are being harsh because he’s 25 and a 3rd round pick. So this tells me that it’s very clear you thought this offseason was underwhelming because Poles didn’t sign any big name FA.

Again, the reality is Poles followed through with his plan.

napo55

Liked Posts:
So I am particularly hopeful about how Gipson could look in the new defense. Outside of him and Quinn I am anxious about our pass rush. Has there been any positive news on the DL?
The fervent hope is that 5th round draft choice Dominique Robinson can be something.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
So you are underwhelmed that Poles was unable to completely upgrade the OL, WR corps, DB's and "Many other positions were and still are much needed," in a single offseasn with depleted draft picks and cap space left behind after 7 yrs of the guy with whom you share a lingual testicular anastomosis?

I've heard of temporal bias, but scotal bias is a new one on me.
Another reason which goes to further show that Poles offseason wasn’t really that bad. Especially when he flat out said he wants to build through the draft and sign tier 2 players. Yet Dongbears was still expecting JuJu to be signed at Wr and Collins to be signed at OL.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Bro I didn’t read that story.

Poles brought in an offensive staff that will cater towards Fields abilities. He signed tier 2 players like he said he would to fit the system. He recently upgraded the offensive line and has much better depth. You like the rookie Wr but are being harsh because he’s 25 and a 3rd round pick. So this tells me that it’s very clear you thought this offseason was underwhelming because Poles didn’t sign any big name FA.

Again, the reality is Poles followed through with his plan.

It should be easy to like the plan, too. This team should absolutely be a run-first offense, but Poles signed a few OLmen that can play week 1 that can keep Fields clean.

It is going to take a lot for this team to challenge for the division, but we certainly have players to be excited for. I don't think this is going to be a particularly painful rebuild.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've been very meh about this year most of this offseason, but I'm starting to get a little excited. Maybe it's just the training camp Kool Aid. I think this offense might surprise people this year between Fields, Mooney, Kmet & what could be a good to very good running game. Also was listening to Getsy's press conference the other day. I know a lot of it is just coach speak, but the culture they are trying to create is refreshing. Hustle. Maximum effort. Didn't do that shit right? Do it again. And again. And again.
Agree.

QB—showing major improvements in motion, scheme, plays, rolling out
RB—was already a good duo, no worries here.
WR—Mooney has proven to be a stud, and I feel like we have added some pieces in Velus, etc.
TE—everyone is up on Kmet, and I'm stoked for that, hope it's real
OL—a WIP but I like the moves they have made, and think it won't be total garbage

DEF—Feel good about the DEF across most/all positions

Stoked.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Another reason which goes to further show that Poles offseason wasn’t really that bad. Especially when he flat out said he wants to build through the draft and sign tier 2 players. Yet Dongbears was still expecting JuJu to be signed at Wr and Collins to be signed at OL.

Thank God he didn't sign JuJu. Massive waste of space

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I can find multiple posts of me talking about bad moves Pace made whether it was in the draft, free agency or maybe even a trade, but i'm not sure if i ever talked about a whole offseason of his that was bad.

I definitely won't go do the homework to go back and find any of them because i don't care enough, but if you would like to i can promise you that there will be many times of me talking about bad moves Pace made.

Anything else?????

The answer is no. You didn't ever say it was a bad offseason. Not even during the John Fox years when again Kendal Wright went from Bears best WR to out of the league the following year.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Nah, he was himself. It was everyone else he insisted on trying to make into something different. That way he could get all the credit if it ever happened…
Nah, Nagy was trying to be Andy Reid so, yes, he failed with his own propaganda of Be You.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah not sure why i would be critical of his first big signing being a complete bust or him losing money in the N.Foles fiasco or what is it now 3 or 4 of his free agent signings being arrested or him not signing any real offensive weapons for our 2nd year QB or giving him and legit OL help in the draft or free agency until signing two average, past their prime OL. I actually love that he finally signed a couple of guys whether they're past their prime or not because they're both better than every other OL we have which obviously isn't saying much.

Mother Fucking truth really hurts some on CCS. LOL

I'm a Bears fan way before i'm a fan of who the GM is so as i've already said i'll give Poles his dues when he earns them which i'm hoping will be next offseason. I'm happy to see that some of you think the OL is fixed and that he hasn't taken a chance at hurting our 2nd years QB's growth with this offense he's assembled.

1. Remember when Pace signed Ray McDonald as one of his first signings and when that blew up in his face you defended him? Literally had to cut him one day after signing him because he beat up his wife.

2. Remember when Pace went into the season with Kendal Wright as the Bears best WR and he couldn't make a roster the following year and had to retire? Worst position group ever on a Bears team.

3. Remember when he signed Mike Glennon to a one year 18m deal and he got benched for Trubisky and yet you arguing about 3 million for Foles when we have a fuck ton of cap space?

4. Remember when he drafted Kevin White and you defended that pick for years and now you whining about Patrick being injured.

Again you are crying before a single game is played while giving Pace passes for similar things for years.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The answer is no. You didn't ever say it was a bad offseason. Not even during the John Fox years when again Kendal Wright went from Bears best WR to out of the league the following year.

Holy fuck, I forgot about that shitshow. How depressing was that

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Holy fuck, I forgot about that shitshow. How depressing was that
That was a throw away year, didn't they trade for a WR from the Chargers because the corps was soooo bad?

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Thank God he didn't sign JuJu. Massive waste of space
I think JuJu would have been a good signing if the Bears were going to be competing for the playoffs. With the situation they are in now, he’s not worth it.