dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Because Poles didn’t have an off the chart offseason where he signed future HOFers at every position group.
Can you show me where i said anything at all about signing future HOF's? I have already said that i wasn't even wanting us to sign any of the top guys like T.Armstead. You make trying to have a simple debate very hard with your lies and sarcasm.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Because Poles didn’t have an off the chart offseason where he signed future HOFers at every position group.
Wanna talk about how much fun Gordon's dances will be after every interception? How much better would our team have been last year if we had only replaced Vildor with a viable starter?

Fields has the physical talent to explode in a normal offense, and the mental makeup of the type of player that will continue to grow. I love that all of his weapons are excited for what he can do.

At first I was skeptical that VJJ would have an immediate impact, but with recent additions to the OL, I think he'll have a better chance at getting the ball down-field.

I like that all of our RBs have traits that will get them meaningful reps this year.

It was about the feeling that we'll be in 4th place in the north this year.
If there are players to be excited for, and a real chance to build something, then there is a lot more to look forward to than just next year.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Wanna talk about how much fun Gordon's dances will be after every interception? How much better would our team have been last year if we had only replaced Vildor with a viable starter?

Fields has the physical talent to explode in a normal offense, and the mental makeup of the type of player that will continue to grow. I love that all of his weapons are excited for what he can do.

At first I was skeptical that VJJ would have an immediate impact, but with recent additions to the OL, I think he'll have a better chance at getting the ball down-field.

I like that all of our RBs have traits that will get them meaningful reps this year.

If there are players to be excited for, and a real chance to build something, then there is a lot more to look forward to than just next year.
I'm excited to hopefully watch Fields show growth. I mean i'm excited for all the young players that i mentioned in an earlier post but without the Fields growth we're still going backwards.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Sounds like at a minimum, Poles got some good professionals for the young offensive linemen to listen to and learn from. Whether those offensive linemen do that, that remains to be seen. But I do like hearing a young guy taking advice from older players who have been through the grind before and trying their best to replicate that work ethic and attention to detail.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Can you show me where i said anything at all about signing future HOF's? I have already said that i wasn't even wanting us to sign any of the top guys like T.Armstead. You make trying to have a simple debate very hard with your lies and sarcasm.
Pick up on sarcasm. You and simple debates don’t belong in the same room.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
While I would normally agree with this sentiment...it looked to me like it was simply a slightly underthrown pass. Mooney made an adjustment to it and the DB made a play when given the opportunity...during what? the 3rd or 4th day of practice and with no pads on? Seemed a bit of over analysis for what actually happened.

I commented for 2 reasons.

1. Someone on Twitter was trying to use that as a reason for Mooney not being a No 1 which I found silly and a bit of overanalysis.

2. There is a tendency for Bears fans to want to blame everyone but the QB when they underthrow the ball or make a wrong decision.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I'm excited to hopefully watch Fields show growth. I mean i'm excited for all the young players that i mentioned in an earlier post but without the Fields growth we're still going backwards.
How do you think Fields is going grow this season?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I commented for 2 reasons.

1. Someone on Twitter was trying to use that as a reason for Mooney not being a No 1 which I found silly and a bit of overanalysis.

2. There is a tendency for Bears fans to want to blame everyone but the QB when they underthrow the ball or make a wrong decision.
On point #2, it's funny because it's true. Which is odd because Bears QB's have been nothing but shit since Luckman(outside of a couple outlier seasons). You'd think that Bears fanbase would start blaming the QB more often

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Can't remember every free agent out there that i wanted the Bears to look at but i'll throw down some of the players i did want us to look at on offense to help our 2nd year QB. I didn't want any of the top names like T.Armstead because of how much he would get and his injury issues.

WR
DJ Chark
JuJu
R.Gage
C.Wilson
B.Pringle--i actually did want to sign him.
J.Grant--I wanted to bring him back but after adding Velus and T.Ebner i'm good with our slot/KR/PR spots.

OL
L.Collins
Lake Tomlinson
Alex Cappa
R.Bates--was really hoping our offer would get him but they quickly matched it.

I know i'm forgetting some names but these are some names i wanted us to look at.

Now the draft
WR
Sky Moore--Am a huge fan of this kid
G.Pickens--even with his very tiny hands
A.Pierce
Danny Gray--he was my mid/late round sleeper

OL
N.Petit Frere
A.Lucas
B.Raimann
D.Faalele

I actually was good with the Braxton Jones pick in the 5th.

Now you can tell me how we couldn't or wouldn't get these guys for whatever reason or how they wouldn't of been good for us or say whatever you choose to make your argument, but i'm done going back and forth with 3-4-5 of you about this. My mind will stay that it's been an underwhelming offseason but i'm still sticking with waiting on the 2023 offseason to make my judgment on R.Poles.

Will your mind change if the guys Poles picked actually outperform the guys you wanted? Like you keep talking about 2023 as if it is set in stone that the guys you wanted will be better in 2022. The games haven't been played yet. What if Velus Jones and Pringle outplay the guys you wanted at WR?

Also what makes the above silly is as follows:

1. Pringle had a better year than JuJu and Chark. Pretty much same stats as Wilson so the only guy that had a clearly better year was Gage.

2. Collins is not a LT so getting Reiff is better as he can legit play both. Also Collins had 2 sacks, 20 pressures, and 97.7 efficiency with 10 penalties. Reiff had 4 sacks, 21 pressures, 96.8 with 1 penalty. So all in all Reiff had better sacks as while he had 2 more sacks he had 9 less penalties which are effectively sacks.

3. Cappa was 5 sacks, 35 pressures, 97.7 and 1 penalty. Laken was 3 sacks, 33 pressures, 97.2 and 7 penalties. Schofield was 2 sacks, 24 pressures, 97.7 and 3 penalties.

So you claim it was underwhelming but the guys he picked up are pretty much better or comparable to the guys you wanted stats wise.

Last edited:

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
On point #2, it's funny because it's true. Which is odd because Bears QB's have been nothing but shit since Luckman(outside of a couple outlier seasons). You'd think that Bears fanbase would start blaming the QB more often
Bears fans have set the bar low, that we all want the next Sid Luckman. The Bears held on to Cutler for so damn long...too damn long. At least there is RB's. And defense!