**Official** Training Camp News & Scheisse [Football Talk Only]

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Draft one in the 1st or 2nd. Really, if Mooney shows he’s a legit number 1 and VJJ/Pringle show something, the need to invest a high pick or huge $$ for a WR isn’t exorbitant. I think OL is much higher on the priority list and apparently a lot cheaper these days too

He just simply isn't worth that dough. Paying receivers and a QB big money is going to make it difficult to build a roster once the QB is out of his rookie contract

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Correct. That 3m will have zero impact on anything we do.

I'm not sure what exactly $3million on a bargain bin player will do for this roster. It would still be a talent lacking roster

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Draft one in the 1st or 2nd. Really, if Mooney shows he’s a legit number 1 and VJJ/Pringle show something, the need to invest a high pick or huge $$ for a WR isn’t exorbitant. I think OL is much higher on the priority list and apparently a lot cheaper these days too

OL rarely becomes available, or top line WR. I’d get Diontae, pay Mooney, have VJJ and draft one early. Let’s fucking Bengals this shit.

I’d go heavy OL though as well.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
OL rarely becomes available, or top line WR. I’d get Diontae, pay Mooney, have VJJ and draft one early. Let’s fucking Bengals this shit.

I’d go heavy OL though as well.

Think this is premature. What if Mooney is a 1300 yard WR this year and VJJ and one of Pringle/Harry/St Brown combines for 1700 more yards? Think it is in our best interest long term to figure out whether we will be paying Mooney as a No 1 or No 2 next year and to see what we have in these rookies and vets on prove it deals.

You don't want to prematurely pay Diontae 25m a year only to find out Mooney also needs 25m a year and you could have allocated that money to an another position of need.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
He just simply isn't worth that dough. Paying receivers and a QB big money is going to make it difficult to build a roster once the QB is out of his rookie contract
Well we saw what the chiefs and titans did … packers too

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Getting rid of Nagy has to be a big fucking improvement that can't be underestimated.

How many more points per game do you guys think this team can get compared to last year? I think this offense can average 6 points per game better than Nagy's could last year.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Think this is premature. What if Mooney is a 1300 yard WR this year and VJJ and one of Pringle/Harry/St Brown combines for 1700 more yards? Think it is in our best interest long term to figure out whether we will be paying Mooney as a No 1 or No 2 next year and to see what we have in these rookies and vets on prove it deals.

You don't want to prematurely pay Diontae 25m a year only to find out Mooney also needs 25m a year and you could have allocated that money to an another position of need.

I bullshit a ton Remy, know most of what I throw out is in jest. With that being said, in my scenario Mooney proves to be a WR2. Do you take the draft approach, which may be likely with Poles, (although you will have money to spend) or do you go after a legit weapon for Fields (Diontae) and still use the draft to build the weaponry further?

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
This guy is not impartial. For whatever reason, he always goes after Fields. For every “fake” compliment he gives him, he almost always takes it away by going after the guy. He has been doing that for a while now.

For as level headed and good natured as Fields can be, as we all know, the guy can shoot daggers with his eyes. And from what I have seen of Fields, he is a very perceptive guy. When he knows a media member is asking a dumb question, he is ok with it. But a dumb question coupled with bad intent?? … Fields does not hide that well. That said, I noticed some pretty icy exchanges between Fields and this reporter towards the end of the season last year… and it appears this reporter has not gotten over it.

One of the dumb questions that I can recall off hand was “why did you throw it to Cole Kmet right there at the end zone” —- and Fields looked puzzled as to why he would ask that and said, “because I thought I could fit it in that window and score the touchdown”.

It was a good pass. Some might even call it a “great” pass. He was throwing the guy open. Cole simply did not move — AT - ALL. It was totally catchable and thrown to the ONLY open spot, all Cole had to do was step left/TD. Instead the ball sails chest high through the end zone.

But this exchange was ICY. Ice block icy. North Pole icy. Because Fields knew: a) the question was dumb, and b) that the guy asking the question was nit picking and searching for trouble, i.e. the guy had “bad intent”.

These guys have never been the same. Fields does not trust this reporter and this reporter does not like Fields. Read what this reporter writes and listen to what he says through that prism and then everything he says and does (with respect to Fields) will all make sense.

Solid reporter. Good writing style. Super negative guy by nature. A guy that holds grudges. That’s Wiederer.
Some of these guys, Wiederer/Kaplan/etc., will make shit up for clicks. And then it's on the team and coaches to shut it down. Most teams take the high road, because they don't want to waste time in a pissing match with reporters. Some will burn you immediately. If there's no truth to this, I expect a Michael Strahan "look me in the eyes when you lie about me" moment, from Teven. I'd pay big money for that.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I bullshit a ton Remy, know most of what I throw out is in jest. With that being said, in my scenario Mooney proves to be a WR2. Do you take the draft approach, which may be likely with Poles, (although you will have money to spend) or do you go after a legit weapon for Fields (Diontae) and still use the draft to build the weaponry further?

Right but my issue is you making that decision this offseason before Mooney proves he is a No 2 for sure and put yourself in a bit of a bind if Mooney blows up and now looking for a huge payday too. Especially when he is the one that has built a bromance with Fields.

But if you can get Mooney as a No2 for say 13-15m a year then maybe I trade for a No 1 but not sure Dionate is the guy I would want. The guys I would want already signed extensions.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well we saw what the chiefs and titans did … packers too
Yeah more teams were handing out mega deals to receivers but they will be leveraged against the cap and maybe looking to trade for picks in a few years. Some had to sell or knew they would soon enough and got a lot in return.

It's a win win for the players since the name of the game is now guaranteed money. I hope the frenzy quiets down a bit next year.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Yeah more teams were handing out mega deals to receivers but they will be leveraged against the cap and maybe looking to trade for picks in a few years. Some had to sell or knew they would soon enough and got a lot in return.

It's a win win for the players since the name of the game is now guaranteed money. I hope the frenzy quiets down a bit next year.
I think the frenzy will quite down next year because all the top Wrs received their big deals. I don’t know the list of Wrs who will be looking for new deals though.

Canth

Liked Posts:
Is today or tomorrow the first day of padded practices?