dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
How do you think Fields is going grow this season?
Protection from the OL/Blockers, WR's that know how to run good routes and have good hands and give full effort, the coaching staff doing their part by calling good play calls that will help Fields and then it comes down to Fields fixing his own issues like learning how to let the ball go when it needs to go, which he wasn't good at last year, learning how to throw a guy open. It looks like he's done a good job changing/shortening his throwing motion and fixing his footwork but we'll see if that translates to actual games.

Last edited:

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Protection from the OL/Blockers, WR's that know how to run good routes and have good hands and give full effort, the coaching staff doing their part by calling good play calls that will help Fields and then it comes down to Fields fixing his own issues like learning how to let the ball go when it needs to go which he wasn't good at last year, learning how to throw a guy open. It looks like he's done a good job changing/shortening his throwing motion and fixing his footwork but we'll see if that translates to actual games.
A lot of these things are areas where small improvements can yield big results. I am particularly happy that Fields spent the offseason working on footwork and getting the ball out faster.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Will your mind change if the guys Poles picked actually outperform the guys you wanted? Like you keep talking about 2023 as if it is set in stone that the guys you wanted will be better in 2022. The games haven't been played yet. What if Velus Jones and Pringle outplay the guys you wanted at WR?

Also what makes the above silly is as follows:

1. Pringle had a better year than JuJu and Chark. Pretty much same stats as Wilson so the only guy that had a clearly better year was Gage.

2. Collins is not a LT so getting Reiff is better as he can legit play both. Also Collins had 2 sacks, 20 pressures, and 97.7 efficiency with 10 penalties. Reiff had 4 sacks, 21 pressures, 96.8 with 1 penalty. So all in all Reiff had better sacks as while he had 2 more sacks he had 9 less penalties which are effectively sacks.

3. Cappa was 5 sacks, 35 pressures, 97.7 and 1 penalty. Laken was 3 sacks, 33 pressures, 97.2 and 7 penalties. Schofield was 2 sacks, 24 pressures, 97.7 and 3 penalties.

So you claim it was underwhelming but the guys he picked up are pretty much better or comparable to the guys you wanted stats wise.
Well i would think that since i very clearly said in a post that even though i think this offseason has been underwhelming (which it has) that my opinion on that can change if things go well with the players Poles brought in but as of right now..............UNDERWHELIMNG.

Ben was multiple years past his time and last year was brutal for him and Chark was hurt so i would hope Pringle was better and he did have Mahomes as his QB which kinda gives him an edge. You're talking to the guy that wanted Pringle and have never said anything bad about him but even so he's still a #3-#4 type WR.

Collins is still the better player and it's not really close.

Cappa is a better player than Schofield and anyone would choose Cappa over him.

Sorry but stats don't tell the whole truth on how good or bad a player was even though i know you live your life through stats.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Right but my issue is you making that decision this offseason before Mooney proves he is a No 2 for sure and put yourself in a bit of a bind if Mooney blows up and now looking for a huge payday too. Especially when he is the one that has built a bromance with Fields.

But if you can get Mooney as a No2 for say 13-15m a year then maybe I trade for a No 1 but not sure Dionate is the guy I would want. The guys I would want already signed extensions.

Isn't Diontae mainly a slot receiver? Or was he just moved around a lot

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

I'm not trading Jenkins if all we could get for him is a late round pick. I'm keeping him for that and doing whatever i can to help him with whatever issues he has especially if it's maturity issues like Kaplan says even though you can't trust anything coming from Kaplan.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Imagine liking a dongbears post
Imagine the only thing you care about on a message board is getting likes like @Anytime23 the clown does.
giphy.gif

ccldsaeztby2m7qjajbq49y9j83gb2j8vmje%26rid%3Dgiphy.gif

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

I'm not trading Jenkins if all we could get for him is a late round pick. I'm keeping him for that and doing whatever i can to help him with whatever issues he has especially if it's maturity issues like Kaplan says even though you can't trust anything coming from Kaplan.
no one cares what the dumbest poster on this board would do. You thought J.Langford would be the Bears RB in 2022 LUUUULScreenshot 2021-12-21 174926.jpg

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Kaplan wasn't the first to mention his maturity issues. Thats all over his draft profile on multiple sites before he was even drafted

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Coming from the guy who has been disliking half a dozen peoples every post daily for like a month. That's rich.
Coming from the clown that sat with his puppet master on two different occasions to give me over 2,000 negs in one night.......TWICE.

Don't dish out what you can't handle coming back.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Coming from the clown that sat with his puppet master on two different occasions to give me over 2,000 negs in one night.......TWICE.

Don't dish out what you can't handle coming back.
Stop projecting. Literally no one else cares, we just know it means the world to you. We sent you into hiding.

@Dejo sorry he keeps doing this. Thank you for everything you do.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Kaplan wasn't the first to mention his maturity issues. Thats all over his draft profile on multiple sites before he was even drafted
Gotcha but he's the one that has everyone talking about it right now and has everyone thinking it's a maturity issue over an injury or illness and said he's not getting along with some of his coaches and mentioning our OL coach Chris Morgan as the main one.