**Official** Training Camp News & Scheisse [Football Talk Only]

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:

Haven't seen this reported ananywhere before​

The Athletic's Kevin Fishbain and Adam Jahns report that RB David Montgomery is seeing reps on special teams.​

To his credit, Montgomery has "embraced the potential of playing on special teams this season."
He told reporters, "wherever they need me, I’m going to be ready to be there. I’ve never played special teams before. But I’m always down and excited to learn so I can be better.” Montgomery has never played special teams for a reason. After being drafted in the third round of the 2019 draft he has logged at least 267 touches in all three of his NFL seasons. A player with that type of workload seldom sees work on special teams, making Montgomery's new reps a red flag for his 2022 workload. With a new coaching staff in Chicago, it's entirely possible the Bears deploy a committee with Khalil Herbert, who is seeing first-team reps along with Montgomery.
Monty talked about it in a presser last week.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Jones at LT and Borom at RT with Reif as the swing would be amazing though. Lock up the two tackle positions for years? Yeah I know I’m dreaming. ?
Yeah, i think you are dreaming on that one. Jones locks it down on the left side this year, and next year a high draft pick at RT.