**Official** Training Camp News & Scheisse [Football Talk Only]

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Love brisker, but we drafted a box safety over pickens who if he keeps his head straight is going to be a star.
George Pickens also has medical red flags. It was not unwise to pass on him if both Kyler Gordon and Jaquan Brisker are quality players I don't think it should ever be held against Poles.

If a GM wants to make it a general rule to avoid guys with injury histories in the first two rounds I think ultimately he'll come out ahead vs. trying to buy low on guys who might be hurt.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It isn't a big deal, but unnecessarily planting an unsuspecting guy as the play goes the opposite way and then waving at him is exactly the kind of stuff that teams were concerned about with Pickens.

No one thought he was not talented, but it is easy to see him being a guy that can not stay out of his own way. Pit has experience with talented head case WR/Receiving targets ( Plaxico, Antonio, Le'Veon) so maybe they can get a couple 3 seasons out of him before he goes Antonio Brown on them.

Before his injury, he was in the top 10 in most mock drafts. Dude has always had the talent. Bears don't exactly have a great track record dealing with attitude players unfortunately

msadows

Liked Posts:
George Pickens also has medical red flags. It was not unwise to pass on him if both Kyler Gordon and Jaquan Brisker are quality players I don't think it should ever be held against Poles.

If a GM wants to make it a general rule to avoid guys with injury histories in the first two rounds I think ultimately he'll come out ahead vs. trying to buy low on guys who might be hurt.

I'm not holding it against poles. It's a 2nd round pick and for all I know he was undraftable to them even if he slipped to the 3rd/4th.

Just sad, is all. He was my guy and early returns look great on him.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Love brisker, but we drafted a box safety over pickens who if he keeps his head straight is going to be a star.

If you think Brisker is simply just a box safety, then I don't know what to tell you. Is Ebner still gonna get cut or you gonna keep avoiding that question about your terrible prediction?

msadows

Liked Posts:
If you think Brisker is simply just a box safety, then I don't know what to tell you. Is Ebner still gonna get cut or you gonna keep avoiding that question about your terrible prediction?

I said ebner would make the practice squad probably unless he shows out in preseason.

Way to spin things, I never thought he'd be cut, just a PS stash like dazz was last year.

Also, brisker is still a strong safety, doesn't matter how "special" he is. He still plays the least important and most replaceable position on the defense

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I said ebner would make the practice squad probably unless he shows out in preseason.

Way to spin things, I never thought he'd be cut, just a PS stash like dazz was last year.

Also, brisker is still a strong safety, doesn't matter how "special" he is. He still plays the least important and most replaceable position on the defense

I'll guess we'll see.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Before his injury, he was in the top 10 in most mock drafts. Dude has always had the talent. Bears don't exactly have a great track record dealing with attitude players unfortunately
This

Really only a handful of teams can handle problematic players

Besides, this is a young team with tons of new guys, few vets, and a new staff.

I don't blame em at all if they are trying to establish a culture and a stable nucleus of players before taking on possible headcases

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I might be blind and missing something. Why do you think it’s incomplete?

Even if it wasn't incomplete, the prior regime never seemed to figure it out to hurry up and snap the ball when a questionable completion happened.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Derp

The distinction between SS and FS is almost nonexistent in the cover 2

And this lowly SS you are crying about has been covering the slot in camp

Dude looks to be the complete package safety and you are complaining about his title?

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Even if it wasn't incomplete, the prior regime never seemed to figure it out to hurry up and snap the ball when a questionable completion happened.
Agreed. It’s what most teams do, but yet somehow Nagy never understood that concept. Glad we saw Flus/Getsy/Fields do it right away.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I'm not holding it against poles. It's a 2nd round pick and for all I know he was undraftable to them even if he slipped to the 3rd/4th.

Just sad, is all. He was my guy and early returns look great on him.
Ok all good. I just hate this game people play of looking at the draft and saying "Ugh x-player was on the board when the Bears took y-player!!! How couldn't the GM have known!". A lot of it is actually just luck, but when it comes to things like character and injury you do make your own luck.

greg23

Liked Posts:

I'd say the SAM in a 4-3 (or any 3rd linebacker) is the least important and most replaceable position as they likely only see the field 25-33% of the game

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Agreed. It’s what most teams do, but yet somehow Nagy never understood that concept. Glad we saw Flus/Getsy/Fields do it right away.
He understood the concept, it just wasn't his concept so he ignored it. Nagy was undone by his own pride and running a bit too much of a player-friendly country club operation.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I fucking love this guy!

The moment we got him, I was all in.

I saw his play while watching Chenal. That Death Row shit they had in W was real. He’s bringing it here. We got a stud. I liked him and Fagot (Fuh-go) as our potential UDFA, because I didn’t think we’d be able to draft him with our, then, dearth of picks.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
He understood the concept, it just wasn't his concept so he ignored it. Nagy was undone by his own pride and running a bit too much of a player-friendly country club operation.
So basically Nagy didn’t understand the concept….gotcha.