**Official** Training Camp News & Scheisse [Football Talk Only]

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Agreed. It’s what most teams do, but yet somehow Nagy never understood that concept. Glad we saw Flus/Getsy/Fields do it right away.
I’m trying to remember where, but I saw a practice video of them discussing Fields going on the ball being set. They practiced it. They then Executed it perfectly on the field. I never saw Nagy’s dumb ass do that.

I like the fact that I’m seeing them execute what they’re working on. It lets me know they are building foundation on foundation, layers, to get to the right place.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Derp

The distinction between SS and FS is almost nonexistent in the cover 2

And this lowly SS you are crying about has been covering the slot in camp

Dude looks to be the complete package safety and you are complaining about his title?

I'm not complaining about anything. Seems like guys are just trying to start a fight over anything on here. Brainblow must have made you guys testy.

All I said is we took a safety over a guy I really liked. I like brisker, and happy to have him. Just wish Poles had taken Pickens is all since he was my guy in the 2nd round.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I’m trying to remember where, but I saw a practice video of them discussing Fields going on the ball being set. They practiced it. They then Executed it perfectly on the field. I never saw Nagy’s dumb ass do that.

I like the fact that I’m seeing them execute what they’re working on. It lets me know they are building foundation on foundation, layers, to get to the right place.
Well that's because the virus closed practices the last two years.

Matt Nagy knows a lot about football. There's like zero doubt about that. He's just a bit of a weirdo (actually kind of a positive trait in an NFL coach) and highly arrogant (bad).

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
George Pickens also has medical red flags. It was not unwise to pass on him if both Kyler Gordon and Jaquan Brisker are quality players I don't think it should ever be held against Poles.

If a GM wants to make it a general rule to avoid guys with injury histories in the first two rounds I think ultimately he'll come out ahead vs. trying to buy low on guys who might be hurt.
I think everyone loves Brisker but who would of helped J.Fields more has got to be in this question of who he drafted. I was a Brisker fan and think he's going to be great but If Fields doesn't develop like we need him to then should there be questions that Poles could of drafted OL or WR help over going defense in the draft? I would think so.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Agreed. It’s what most teams do, but yet somehow Nagy never understood that concept. Glad we saw Flus/Getsy/Fields do it right away.

Gotta love when they would get a turnover and Nagy would call a run on the 1st play.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I think everyone loves Brisker but who would of helped J.Fields more has got to be in this question of who he drafted. I was a Brisker fan and think he's going to be great but If Fields doesn't develop like we need him to then should there be questions that Poles could of drafted OL or WR help over going defense in the draft? I would think so.
Accumulate talent in the draft regardless of position, have that talent produce at high levels on their cheap rookie deals, use cap flexibility to plug the gaps.
or
Draft for need, have a bunch of busts, overpay for everything, 2021 Chicago Bears.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

When I said well coached teams win extra games, an absent member took off on me since there wasn't yet proof. Seemed pretty obvious from every report given by a visitor, reporter or player.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rightly or wrongly an obvious theme of the Poles-Flus rebuild is if it comes down to a more talented head case vs a less talented but disciplined guy they are going with option two. That's why Jenkins is in the dog house and Pickens is on the Steelers. Maybe when they feel like the culture is established and the locker room will take care of itself they'll take more chances? I think everyone agrees if they're gonna take pain in the ass WRs they better at least be talented, unlike guys like Miller and Wims who only hurt the team and never helped it.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
A) Poles did draft OL and one of those guys will more than likely be our starting left OT this season.

B) Poles did draft a Wr who has the tools to be a solid weapon. Drafting Pickens would have been awesome, be he alone does not determine if Fields develops or not.

C) Poles knows he has an entire team to build. He isn’t solely focused on just the QB position. A good defense can help a young QB grow too.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
This

Really only a handful of teams can handle problematic players

Besides, this is a young team with tons of new guys, few vets, and a new staff.

I don't blame em at all if they are trying to establish a culture and a stable nucleus of players before taking on possible headcases
Also, Poles and Flus are big character guys preaching it from the jump and no one is under the delusion that Pickens history is anything but well below average in that category.

Can you imagine them preaching character and then drafting this guy that as a player, graded at or below other available players just to get a WR to appease the masses.

I would have been fine had they taken him, but am just as confident Poles first 2 picks will excel, especially long term.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
A) Poles did draft OL and one of those guys will more than likely be our starting left OT this season.

B) Poles did draft a Wr who has the tools to be a solid weapon. Drafting Pickens would have been awesome, be he alone does not determine if Fields develops or not.

C) Poles knows he has an entire team to build. He isn’t solely focused on just the QB position. A good defense can help a young QB grow too.
Thank you PolishPoles.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I never said anything about Super Bowl. Again just stated that Fields can show improvement and growth before week 1. I’m sorry that you are upset about being wrong.
Ummmmmmmm i did say he's shown improvement and said in his throwing motion and his footwork when lining up to take the snap but i guess you already forgot about that. I said i'll wait to say if he's developed at all until i see him in actual games. Sorry but i'm not a training camp or preseason hero and he didn't really look that great yesterday.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My hope is this is all due to mustipher being dookie. Seemed like most of the pressure was from the inside. Get well soon mr patrick

watching O Sullivans breakdown, on the play where Schofield was bullrushed, Fields had somewhere to throw the ball but did not. Not a bad bad thing but there was an option there