Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
With Kramer on ir, The Bears better pray that Partrick comes back and stays healthy. Asking the QB to step up in the pocket doesn't work if the pocket doesn't exist.
Kramer was never making the 53 man roster. His injury is a non-issue as it relates to the 2022 Bears OL.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
“Eberflus indicated that Jenkins’ playing time should increase in the preseason because of his lack of experience at the position. Jenkins did play two games at right guard at Oklahoma State."

"If you’re not an experienced guy at your position, we’re going to try to get you a little bit more, and that’s really at any position,” Eberflus said. “We’re going to try to get that. Those guys really don’t have a limitation. Some guys are capped at 20 (plays). And some guys don’t have a limitation. They could play as much as we want them to or need them to.”

"Since Smith is cleared to practice, he is subject to internal discipline from the Bears if he doesn’t participate. But Eberflus said the team would keep any disciplinary actions private."

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
If we were to make such a trade… I honestly feel we’d get more out of a metcalf than roquan smith. Especially since colts defense always seemed to overachieve I mean they only had 3 or 4 good/elite players any season under eberflus And had really good rankings.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If we were to make such a trade… I honestly feel we’d get more out of a metcalf than roquan smith. Especially since colts defense always seemed to overachieve I mean they only had 3 or 4 good/elite players any season under eberflus And had really good rankings.

There is no way the Seahawks are going to trade Metcalf and take on a 31m cap hit plus sign Quan to a long term deal. They only have 14m in cap space.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
There is no way the Seahawks are going to trade Metcalf and take on a 31m cap hit plus sign Quan to a long term deal. They only have 14m in cap space.
Good to know it’s not possible.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
Maybe we could get Tyler Lockett and/or somebody from there OL

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is that a thought out statement or just PTSD.

If both Jones and Jenkins continue on their current progression they could be really good.
The other 3 are all knowns and should be around average at worst in this system.

Every line is kind of an unknown until the season gets going and they build unity but based on everything we have learned from training camp and the little we got from last Saturday this lineup is looking way better than anything I expected following the draft.

Baring injuries and if Jenkins is a go at guard I would be surprised if this line is not at least top 20 once we get past like week 4 which I think any of us will gladly take.
K

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Based on my read of the below, a hold in would be fined based on what they actually missed ie they are not subject to the larger fans for skipping preseason or training camp but would be subject to fines for missing specific team activities ie practices, meetings, meals, etc. Quan appears to be attending everything except for the practices. Think most people were citing the fines for if you skipped camp altogether ie 40-50 depending on what type of contract you were under.

Unexcused missed mandatory meeting, practice, curfew, scheduled appointment with Club physician or trainer, material failure to follow Club rehabilitation directions, scheduled promotional activity, scheduled workout, weigh-in, or meal— Progressive Discipline, up to a maximum fine of $14,650.
Smith is coming to practice because that is what the CBA requires, nowhere in there does it say Smith has to practice, just that he has to be there. It is not unexcused if he is showing up for practice. At that point this comes down to interpretation. A fine line that to date other teams that have been in the same situation have avoided.