Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
NFL and NFLPA reach agreement. Watson suspended 11 games and to pay 5m fine.
I only wish it were more. I wonder how much of a factor not playing last year affected his punishment...

All the same, he deserves worse than he received.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I only wish it were more. I wonder how much of a factor not playing last year affected his punishment...

Is he allowed to be with the team at all while suspended? Shouldn’t be…

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I would agree if the NFL had a clear and consistent policy on this stuff. The reality is if Goodell had gone with a full season ban then NFLPA sues and this drags out further.

This is pretty consistent with what the arbiter ruled. She noted non violent offenses were 3 games historically. NFL said well it is 4 separate offenses he was found guilty of by the arbiter so 3 x 4 is 12 games. Shaved off one game for him agreeing not to sue.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I would agree if the NFL had a clear and consistent policy on this stuff. The reality is if Goodell had gone with a full season ban then NFLPA sues and this drags out further.

This is pretty consistent with what the arbiter ruled. She noted non violent offenses were 3 games historically. NFL said well it is 4 separate offenses he was found guilty of by the arbiter so 3 x 4 is 12 games. Shaved off one game for him agreeing not to sue.
The next CBA needs to iron out suspension rules for personal conduct. I dont really care that they player did drugs to relax or have fun, but I do care if they beat their partner or are a sexual predator of some sort. It would be to the benefit of the league's image to (as an example) make these acts an automatic year-long suspension upon a guilty verdict, with no arbitration needed.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The next CBA needs to iron out suspension rules for personal conduct. I dont really care that they player did drugs to relax or have fun, but I do care if they beat their partner or are a sexual predator of some sort. It would be to the benefit of the league's image to (as an example) make these acts an automatic year-long suspension upon a guilty verdict, with no arbitration needed.

Agreed.

Bort

Liked Posts:
Agreed, this gotcha is only semantics. I dont like Cowhard, but pointing to a once in a 1-2 decade level talent at DT not being an EDGE rusher but accomplishing the same result (pressure on QB/disruption in backfield) isnt a compelling counter-argument.
Fine, if you want a larger sample, look at best player from the last ten super bowl winners, it’s:

S
RB
QB
EDGE
QB
DT
QB
QB
QB
DT

The only trend there is that having a great QB is really helps. There’s no trend for the other positions he mentioned. You even have the low priority positions of safety and running back on there with zero offensive tackles or wide receivers.

Cowherd is just wrong. Your best player can be at literally any position.

Bears fans should be acutely aware of this because the Bears would have won a super bowl with Urlacher as their best player if they could have gotten just consistently above average performance out of their QB.

Bears_Almighty

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  2. North Carolina Tar Heels
So what about owners who participate in the same acts, but only receive a slap on the wrist? Where's the same outrage with that. And trust me there are a lot of things that get covered up.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So what about owners who participate in the same acts, but only receive a slap on the wrist? Where's the same outrage with that. And trust me there are a lot of things that get covered up.

Sexual assault and paying for sex are 2 different things

I dont think anyone would care if Watson simply paid for sex

Bears_Almighty

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sexual assault and paying for sex are 2 different things

I dont think anyone would care if Watson simply paid for sex
You're not serious are you??? You don't think think paying for sex is not also being a sexual predator? They both want to get their rocks off right? The difference is one paid for it which last I checked is still illegal (in most states) and not becoming of an "owner".

Quick google search -

What is predatory behavior?

Predatory behavior means any conduct evidencing egregious, habitual or continuing attempt to misuse power, authority, position or situation to abuse or exploit others, as well as deliberate attempts to entrap or entice

Also
1. a person who repeatedly commits sexual assault or other sex-related crimes, often targeting a specific type of victim:

Again not capping for Deshaun because he deserves every piece of his punishment, but to say an owner/player paying for it is better than coercing someone is pure BS.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You guys are tripping. By all accounts Roquan wants to stay with the Bears and is just trying to get leverage on a contract.

Brown was not happy about not being utilized. The situations are completely different and you are all assuming you can read Remy's mind. You're wrong on this one.
We don’t really know what Roquan wants, are you able to read his mind? If not you are wrong on this one.

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Yeah I think that they should be punished as well. I just dont see that as a matter of collective bargaining.

It is completely BS that Kraft can pay a prostitute, have it appear to involve human trafficking of a sort, and his transgressions are otherwise forgotten.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's bizarre to say all this and act like it's not in reference to the bears. You would have never commented on the Brown video if roquan situation wasn't happening right now.
his obsession with m00bs is reaching @Black Rainbow 's fetish with Fields cringe

Bears_Almighty

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah I think that they should be punished as well. I just dont see that as a matter of collective bargaining.

It is completely BS that Kraft can pay a prostitute, have it appear to involve human trafficking of a sort, and his transgressions are otherwise forgotten.
And that's all I'm saying. If they had investigated his ass like they did with Deshaun the whole league would be shut the fuck down. Mofos are capping for owners and people in power like they don't do fucked up shit.

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
And that's all I'm saying. If they had investigated his ass like they did with Deshaun the whole league would be shut the fuck down. Mofos are capping for owners and people in power like they don't do fucked up shit.
How much dirt do you think Dan Snyder has on the rest of the league? I bet there are pictures of Virginia going out with players during her "wild years"

Bears_Almighty

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How much dirt do you think Dan Snyder has on the rest of the league? I bet there are pictures of Virginia going out with players during her "wild years"

LBVS He may be forced to sell at some point, but there will not be an in-depth investigation, by the league, where his texts/emails are made public. That boy is a partying motherfucker and probably has dirt on the commish himself. :troll: