dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I’m not so sure he’s better than Pringle honestly. Slay has a career 52 catch% which is pretty terrible. 70% for Pringle. The main difference is Slay has been targeted more in his career.
When your targets are coming from D.Jones then most are probably uncatchable though. Either way if he's cut i'd love the Bears to take a shot on him. He had a really good rookie year but fell of for some reason after that.

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
We don’t really know what Roquan wants, are you able to read his mind? If not you are wrong on this one.
I said all indications. I didn't tell you what he was thinking.
He is cooperating 100%, showing up everyday and doing everything the team wants him to do. One reporter talked to him and said it seemed evident to him that Roquan wanted to stay with the Bears. Outside of the trade demand which has been universally called a negotiation contract I have seen nothing that indicates he does not want to be here.

I am not going to go down the rabbit hole but Marquis did not want to play for that offense specifically and Roquan has stated that his issue is with the money specifically making them two completely different situations. That should be the end of the argument.

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
You're not serious are you??? You don't think think paying for sex is not also being a sexual predator? They both want to get their rocks off right? The difference is one paid for it which last I checked is still illegal (in most states) and not becoming of an "owner".

Quick google search -

What is predatory behavior?

Predatory behavior means any conduct evidencing egregious, habitual or continuing attempt to misuse power, authority, position or situation to abuse or exploit others, as well as deliberate attempts to entrap or entice

Also
1. a person who repeatedly commits sexual assault or other sex-related crimes, often targeting a specific type of victim:

Again not capping for Deshaun because he deserves every piece of his punishment, but to say an owner/player paying for it is better than coercing someone is pure BS.
You cannot be serious. If women want to be sex workers and a client wants to pay them there is not power dynamic. It is an exchange and does not in itself constitute predatory behavior.
There are millions of women that would fully disagree with you that think women should have the right to legally be sex workers.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I am sure that is total coincidence and has nothing at all to do with the added storyline and revenue that will be surrounding that game.
Is he able to practice with the team before then though? If not, that would be something to throw him out there with only one week of practice in 3 months….

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Last edited:

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
Is he able to practice with the team before then though? If not, that would be something to throw him out there with only one week of practice in 3 months….
I have no idea. He is practicing now and playing in the preseason so might not be too rusty even if he can't but that is a good point.
Even if he plays like garbage, its about the headlines and drama leading up to the game that I bet the NFL was not willing to sacrifice. Hopefully you are right and he does not get the start that week.

Last edited:

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I find it hard to argue against the opinion that our WR Corp is not very good or that O-line was a problem last year.

The thing that always bothers me is that the evidence is related to Last year,
If Patrick gets back, we will only have 1 starter on the o-line that was the starter opening day last year.

Mooney had 1,000 yards last year, and MOST teams only have 1 player that will do that, so it is not like the Bears are starting Rashied Davis at WR.

They said that Because Flus is a defensive coach that he can not possibly develop Justin. I have seen some of the best head coaches are not the one responsible for developing the QB. After what we went through with Nagy, I'm actually glad that Flus is not calling plays on either side of the ball, but paying attention to the game.

I would actually be a little shocked if we ended up with the #1 pick, in the same breath I would say we have zero chance of winning the SB, so there is an air of truth.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I find it hard to argue against the opinion that our WR Corp is not very good or that O-line was a problem last year.

The thing that always bothers me is that the evidence is related to Last year,
If Patrick gets back, we will only have 1 starter on the o-line that was the starter opening day last year.

Mooney had 1,000 yards last year, and MOST teams only have 1 player that will do that, so it is not like the Bears are starting Rashied Davis at WR.

They said that Because Flus is a defensive coach that he can not possibly develop Justin. I have seen some of the best head coaches are not the one responsible for developing the QB. After what we went through with Nagy, I'm actually glad that Flus is not calling plays on either side of the ball, but paying attention to the game.

I would actually be a little shocked if we ended up with the #1 pick, in the same breath I would say we have zero chance of winning the SB, so there is an air of truth.
It's going to be the national narrative until the Bears win regular season games and change the perception. Granted, it's garbage journalism that offers no content value or insight into the team...but y'know, that's the narrative.

I was listening to Move the Sticks evaluate Fields yesterday. It's was a fairly positive segment based on observation of his play. Then they qualified his chances this year as being not good because of the talent around him. They were running on about how the Bears OL had no business playing in the NFL.

I can't tell you how many times I've heard DJ and Bucky talk about pre-season being a crapshoot because of starters not playing—you just have to evaluate what you've got on the field, Buck—but apparently when we have guys out (Patrick and Rieff) they don't count as starters anymore. ?‍♂️

God, I hope Jenkins steps up at RG and we see some competent OL play tonight...and I can't wait to get Mustipher off the field.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
It's going to be the national narrative until the Bears win regular season games and change the perception. Granted, it's garbage journalism that offers no content value or insight into the team...but y'know, that's the narrative.

I was listening to Move the Sticks evaluate Fields yesterday. It's was a fairly positive segment based on observation of his play. Then they qualified his chances this year as being not good because of the talent around him. They were running on about how the Bears OL had no business playing in the NFL.

I can't tell you how many times I've heard DJ and Bucky talk about pre-season being a crapshoot because of starters not playing—you just have to evaluate what you've got on the field, Buck—but apparently when we have guys out (Patrick and Rieff) they don't count as starters anymore. ?‍♂️

God, I hope Jenkins steps up at RG and we see some competent OL play tonight...and I can't wait to get Mustipher off the field.
The nice thing about the NFL is there is ALWAYS a team that surprises, and I still hope the changes the Bears made in the coaching staff will have a bigger impact than people think.

But like you said the only way the National narrative will change is if we win

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
When your targets are coming from D.Jones then most are probably uncatchable though. Either way if he's cut i'd love the Bears to take a shot on him. He had a really good rookie year but fell of for some reason after that.
This is false. Taylor Gabriel had a 70% and 62% catch percentage with Mitch Tribusky throwing him ducks. Slay just isn’t very good. I’d rather give those targets to the receivers on the team already. Mooney is going to get a shit ton of targets…but I don’t want Slay taking targets away from Pringle, VJJ, Kmet, and even Harry/ESB.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
I would do this too if it prevents me from getting fined. I think that’s the only reason why he is showing up. If he wasn’t there, Poles would have no choice but to fine him.
Not up to Poles. Per the CBA the league would have to fine Smith if this was a true hold out.