**Official** Training Camp News & Scheisse [Football Talk Only]

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They are not trading Jenkins. He's a very good player, and they moved him to guard, where he is excelling. He's a starting guard now.

Jones—Whitehair—Patrick/Mustipher—Jenkins—Borom

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agreed - although it is often weird because those same fans who live to be upset by the media also will jump to their defense if some of the discussion turns to how the sausage is made, so to speak - like an addict defending their dealer.
What are you even talking about

All you fkin do is bitch about fans and the media

Seriously tho, you might be the most full of shit person I've ever encountered

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
you guys know I’m right, but you’re scared to upset the pack so you come here and say nothing. While still trying to stay on the good side of the group by knocking me. It’s pretty pathetic. Because it’s so clearly just a ploy to score some simple cool points on CCS. ”I’ll try and pile on the guy so I can remain in good standing with the core. But I can’t actually disagree with him because he’s right so I’ll just say he’s mad.”

That’s what people do on the internet when they’re bad at forming coherent arguments and they can’t keep up with the convo. They just deem the other person mad. “You’re melting down” Either tell me why I’m wrong or just shut up. You’re contributing nothing and your tactic to use me to further your own status within the group is pitiful.
I'm glad to hear you're not mad

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
you guys know I’m right, but you’re scared to upset the pack so you come here and say nothing. While still trying to stay on the good side of the group by knocking me. It’s pretty pathetic. Because it’s so clearly just a ploy to score some simple cool points on CCS. ”I’ll try and pile on the guy so I can remain in good standing with the core. But I can’t actually disagree with him because he’s right so I’ll just say he’s mad.”

That’s what people do on the internet when they’re bad at forming coherent arguments and they can’t keep up with the convo. They just deem the other person mad. “You’re melting down” Either tell me why I’m wrong or just shut up. You’re contributing nothing and your tactic to use me to further your own status within the group is pitiful.
There is no "good side of the site"

That's not a thing

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Okay. You choose to live in your little fantasy world where respected nfl insiders with reputations on the line are choosing to risk their careers on fake Tevin Jenkins trade rumors.
Hardly risking their careers with their white knight here! Onward Sir Capealot

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
lol, okay.

i like how your guys whole thing is about rappaport “speculating“ while a majority of your posts consists of you speculating about whats going on. The Bears can have him on the block, but not be willing to cut him. How does this need to be explained to a functioning adult? More than likely based on logic and having common sense they’re not getting what they’re wanting in a trade. And they’re either going to get what they want or see if he can turn it around. It’s still completely possible they cut him too. More than likely not. Its a nonzero probability though, so it has to be factored in.

and how have things been playing out at camp? I saw a guy who wasn’t practicing who couldn’t cut it at the position he was drafted and was moved to an easier spot. Yeah, it’s been a huge success.

so poles is lying then? sounds like your insiders or their sources are full of shit

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
but hes a professional insider. he would dare not smear his name by having bad sources
I know you get it but for anyone that does not all he said was that it was his opinion that Jenkins would be on another team when the first game was played. He never said he had a source or was told anything. I listened to Peggy's podcast to hear for myself. She purposely misquoted him on twitter to drive traffic. I Am smearing her name as that is the second time she did that in the last month and it was very confusing for our own CCS journalist.

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Kyler Gordon isn't seriously hurt. Something that wasn't so clear a few months ago when he was missing OTA's.
The Bears are clearly not trading Robert Quinn, who is by a margin their best defensive player.
Jaylon Johnson got off to a rough start with this coach but seems to have come around.
I haven't heard much about Eddie Jackson pissing anyone off by half-assing it, no news is good news on that front I'd reckon.

So yeah, these were some question marks that aren't big worries anymore. It's got nothing to do with clowning on the Bears offense every day in practice.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
“A quarterback’s ever-evolving,” Janocko said. “So when you do get into a new system, yeah, there are going to be bumps and bruises along the way as you adjust, as you jump in, especially with a young player, a guy who is in his second year, really in his one-and-a-half year starting.

“So yeah, we are going to see growing pains. … But then you do see the marked improvement as well. So, yeah, there are adjustments. … Mechanically speaking, whether you’re in Year 1 or Year 12, I think you’re always evolving in that. ‘Hey, how is my stride? Am I quick to get it out? Are my feet aligned? How’s my base as I’m progressing through the down?’ You’re always looking at that stuff.”

“(It’s) just keeping growing, keep trusting, trusting his receivers, trusting his training, trusting the process that we’re going to through each and every day and building from the ground up, playing a process-driven game,” Janocko said.

At some point, though, that trust might have to become a leap of faith for Fields, especially when receivers don’t look open but could be if he throws the ball.

“That’s the NFL, though,” Janocko said. “Timing and rhythm is everything. Anticipation is everything. Great quarterbacks in this league, if you see him open and the ball’s in your hand, he’s not open. It’s already closed.”

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They are not trading Jenkins. He's a very good player, and they moved him to guard, where he is excelling. He's a starting guard now.

Jones—Whitehair—Patrick/Mustipher—Jenkins—Borom
We could use a quality tackle but I think it is guard and center where most of our problems start from in pass protection. This should be a pretty easy fix next year in free agency.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Also interesting from the Athletic article is that per Pro Football Reference, Fields is tied with three other quarterbacks with a pocket time of 2.6 seconds, which is currently the best mark in the league.

So this seems to be a compounding effect. The OL isn't as terrible as fans like to say but it does give up quick pressure a lot. However, it also does given Fields the best overall pocket time in the NFL. However, the combination of Fields not pulling the trigger sometimes and WRs not being open other times means Fields ends up taking more sacks than he should.