***OFFICIAL USMNT Thread*** (Vol. 2022 WC Qualifying)

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Anyone watch the US vs. Ecuador game? Man o man, something needs to be done about the quality of US goal finishing? It seems like nobody has the ability to put the damn ball in the back of the net.

Bobby Wood, how the fuck does he not put that ball in the back of the net at the end of the game?

Saw the beginning anyway... Diskerud.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Saw the beginning anyway... Diskerud.

Yup good shot by Disk. I'm just really disappointed with our finishing as a team. US seems to have gotten really good at putting the ball in good spots but then our guys can't finish. Gotta to start putting some of these chances in the back of the net on a routine basis.

BillikenBear

Liked Posts:
Yup good shot by Disk. I'm just really disappointed with our finishing as a team. US seems to have gotten really good at putting the ball in good spots but then our guys can't finish. Gotta to start putting some of these chances in the back of the net on a routine basis.

Something I've noticed about the team as a whole is they play too unselfishly at times, just one pass too many.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Fire should go after Diskerud, think Andy has the pockets?

Bear06

Liked Posts:
Fire should go after Diskerud, think Andy has the pockets?

I think NYCFC might make him an offer but we have already seen the Timbers and Crew try and get Mix without success.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I think NYCFC might make him an offer but we have already seen the Timbers and Crew try and get Mix without success.

NYCFC only has one more spot and the Xavi rumors are heating up again. Altidore should also be available... I just wish we got freaking Jermaine Jones.

CreepyBasementGuy

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So, not only does the MLS lose to the Chile's domestic league.....USA A-team loses to Chile's B-team.

Sigh

Bear06

Liked Posts:
So, not only does the MLS lose to the Chile's domestic league.....USA A-team loses to Chile's B-team.

Sigh

Tough game in Chile. The U.S. played well in the first half and created a lot of chances but the defense in the second half slacked off. On to the next game against Panama.

CreepyBasementGuy

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tough game in Chile. The U.S. played well in the first half and created a lot of chances but the defense in the second half slacked off. On to the next game against Panama.

You should just copy and be ready to paste that next game.You could say that about the last 4 USMNT games...like, seriously.

Chicago teams are sometimes good and bad, sometimes they win and lose, but it really frustrates me when I see the USMNT play games like this.

Edit:Also, like I said, IMO this was a huge fail for the MLS as well. Chile's entire team was their domestic league...this was bad...

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
You should just copy and be ready to paste that next game.You could say that about the last 4 USMNT games...like, seriously.

Chicago teams are sometimes good and bad, sometimes they win and lose, but it really frustrates me when I see the USMNT play games like this.

Edit:Also, like I said, IMO this was a huge fail for the MLS as well. Chile's entire team was their domestic league...this was bad...

Meh, on the road against a top South American country, I was surprised we ever had a lead

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
But we need to be able to beat teams like that to have any chance at Cope America (even though it is at home)

Bear06

Liked Posts:

Nah, the U.S. should be able to beat Panama at home.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:

Sigh

Stupid post. Road game and US was up 2-1 when their best team was on the field. 2nd half was experimentation, trying some new faces.

CreepyBasementGuy

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm a couple days late, but that was a nice 2-0 win by the U.S. over a weaker opponent Panama. Of course, I watch every game and the one game I miss we actually win. Oh, and Bradley apparently did this:

[video=youtube;r5SzMG9u5YQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5SzMG9u5YQ[/video]

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I'm a couple days late, but that was a nice 2-0 win by the U.S. over a weaker opponent Panama. Of course, I watch every game and the one game I miss we actually win. Oh, and Bradley apparently did this:

[video=youtube;r5SzMG9u5YQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5SzMG9u5YQ[/video]

I missed it too, but that was just sexy