***OFFICIAL*** What are you watching right now?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
After I’m done with the boys probably watch another life on Netflix. Anyone start that yet?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Started The Boys yesterday and finished it today. Pretty good show. Thought it would do a disservice to the comics but it's pretty good.

I didn’t even know it was based on comics. I thought it was just sticking it to the comic world lol

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I didn’t even know it was based on comics. I thought it was just sticking it to the comic world lol
yeah..it's based on some comic book series. They changed a few things(Starlight's initiation with The Deep instead of with Homelander) but for the most part, they stuck with the storyline and the crass and gory shit. I'm excited for season 2 and see if they develop Black Noir.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I was going to start another life on Netflix but everyone is yapping about Yellowstone on paramount so doing that one first

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Started watching the Boys and seems good so far. Like you Zombie, also going check out Another Life on netflix as well as Good Omens which has been out for a while on Amazon. Also looking for to the Witcher adaption.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
yeah..it's based on some comic book series. They changed a few things(Starlight's initiation with The Deep instead of with Homelander) but for the most part, they stuck with the storyline and the crass and gory shit. I'm excited for season 2 and see if they develop Black Noir.
You've read too baby comic books.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Since I pushed eject on another life I’m going to try the typewriter on Netflix. It’s getting solid reviews

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
We were late to Baskets but love it.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bingeing "Dark" on Netflix right now. Into season two and it's very good. Recommend German with English subtitles - we could only take about five seconds of the dubbed version before switching it up.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Finished The Boys and Another Life. Enjoyed both but liked Another Life a bit more.

The Boys made a few departures from the comics including the big reveal at the end but all and all thought it did a good job portraying how flawed all these characters are. Less a battle of good and evil but moreso a lot of fucked up people taking their issues out on each other.

Another Life has a few plot holes and the betrayal early was forced but thought it got better the closer they got to their destination. The cliffhanger it ended on sets up another season well if it doesnt get canceled. There is a good concept in Another Life, but unfortunately may not be good filmmakers at the helm.

Last edited:

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The sunset over L.A

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Also I have no idea what @remydat is talking about. The Boys was fucking amazing and I can't wait for season 2. Another Life, while Katee Sakhoff is great, is a terrible show. It's like a worse version of "Andromeda" from the 90s, at least that show was corny on purpose.