***OFFICIAL*** What are you watching right now?

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Good-Morning-Shri-Ganeshay-Namah.jpg

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I have a 3 month free trial to Apple TV - outside of Ted Lasso - any recs?

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
why is Making A Murder trending on Netflix again? Is Michael Halbach the Packers director of football technology involved with covering up/killing his own sister coming to light?

mike-halbach-director-of-football-technology-for-the-green-bay-packers.png

Teresa%2Bis%2Balive.png

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Not something I have been watching as it debuts next week but I will put in a plug for a documentary coming up on HBO on December 14. The Starved Rock Murders.

Many should be familiar with Starved Rock state park 90 minutes from Chicago, and I am not sure how many know that there was a triple murder there in 1960.

Debuting next week on HBO is a documentary about it produced by the son of the DA who prosecuted the case. (He’s an accomplished entrepreneur and photographer).

The murderer served 60 years in jail and got out on parole last year and apparently there is still some controversy with some people saying the killer was another man.

As someone who grew up in that area it has interest to me, but hopefully it is interesting to others as well.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Man, I want to give a lot of love to Netflix's live action adaptation of Cowboy Bebop, but apparently Netflix already canceled it...so nevermind.

Still worth a watch if you were a fan of the original anime IMO.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Not something I have been watching as it debuts next week but I will put in a plug for a documentary coming up on HBO on December 14. The Starved Rock Murders.

Many should be familiar with Starved Rock state park 90 minutes from Chicago, and I am not sure how many know that there was a triple murder there in 1960.

Debuting next week on HBO is a documentary about it produced by the son of the DA who prosecuted the case. (He’s an accomplished entrepreneur and photographer).

The murderer served 60 years in jail and got out on parole last year and apparently there is still some controversy with some people saying the killer was another man.

As someone who grew up in that area it has interest to me, but hopefully it is interesting to others as well.
Watched the trailer tonight, looks interesting. I like these shows if they are done well. HBO usually has good stuff. I’ve watched a few cold cases like this on Netflix/Hulu that were just boring and leave way more questions than answers

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Started re-watching two of my favorite series: Six feet under and boardwalk empire

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
If you read the Witcher books to enjoy season 2 just forget the books cause there are no similarities there. Otherwise it was a cool story good season nothing epic or earth shattering but enjoyable

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If you read the Witcher books to enjoy season 2 just forget the books cause there are no similarities there. Otherwise it was a cool story good season nothing epic or earth shattering but enjoyable
oh shit i didn't realize S2 is out.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
New season of expense also out and it might be last season not sure though

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Man, I want to give a lot of love to Netflix's live action adaptation of Cowboy Bebop, but apparently Netflix already canceled it...so nevermind.

Still worth a watch if you were a fan of the original anime IMO.

A bit uneven but thought it had potential for a good 2nd season. I think they made a mistake getting to the Viscious stuff so early. Should have focused more on team building.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Yeah a little peeved they strayed so far from the books and didnt really develop Vesimir, Lambert, Eskell and Cohen more but still a decent season.

Will be interesting what they do with Nilfgard and the White Flame as he is more nuanced and complicated in the books than they have shown thus far.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Hellbound ie Korean show is pretty good and Wheel of Time is decent.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Yeah a little peeved they strayed so far from the books and didnt really develop Vesimir, Lambert, Eskell and Cohen more but still a decent season.

Will be interesting what they do with Nilfgard and the White Flame as he is more nuanced and complicated in the books than they have shown thus far.
What I hated was the ciri reveal at end of season. That should have stayed a mystery for those that aren’t gamers or book readers

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What I hated was the ciri reveal at end of season. That should have stayed a mystery for those that aren’t gamers or book readers

Yeah I could tell they were going to reveal it just by the hints they were dropping and would have preferred they waited a bit longer.

Hopefully next season they go into the White Flame's backstory more next season as I always found him one of the more complex characters in the books and games. Not unredeemably evil but also by no means a good guy. Moreso a product of his upbringing and all the adversity he had to overcome to become Emperor.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Just finished watching the HBO documentary on Bob Einstein, aka Super Dave Osborne and Marty Funkhouser.

Loved it. Laugh out loud from early on. Love the guy and the clips they showed from many shows he worked on.