***OFFICIAL*** What are you watching right now?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Lucifer was a 10/10

started cobra Kai this is really good so far

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Big Brother stinks this season.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Just finished season 3 of Yellowstone. And now we wait...

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Started both raised by wolves and lovecraft country on hbo max. So far from what I’ve seen it’s interesting enough for me to keep watching

Liked Posts:
The Challenger: The Final Flight -Netflix

Amazing documentary on the Challenger disaster. Total incompetence by NASA. They launched even after many instances of O-ring degradation on previous flights. There were recommendations that the entire thing should be redesigned but the flight got the go-ahead any way due to pressure from NASA.

The publics interest years before the Challenger's final flight was waning. NASA decided they needed to reignite the publics interest so thas why they decided to send a normal person into space. At one point even Big Bird was considered as a possibility, yes that Big Bird. The costume was too big however. Also, to gain budget support they bumped a qualified astronaut in exchange for a U.S. congressman so they could have a better chance to gain support for funding from congress. Also considered for future space shuttle flights were children.

NASA made up the narrative that the space shuttle flights would eventually pay for themselves due to private contracts and eventually become profitable...many say that was never the case and with a space craft so heavy it was never a realistic option.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Challenger: The Final Flight -Netflix

Amazing documentary on the Challenger disaster. Total incompetence by NASA. They launched even after many instances of O-ring degradation on previous flights. There were recommendations that the entire thing should be redesigned but the flight got the go-ahead any way due to pressure from NASA.

The publics interest years before the Challenger's final flight was waning. NASA decided they needed to reignite the publics interest so thas why they decided to send a normal person into space. At one point even Big Bird was considered as a possibility, yes that Big Bird. The costume was too big however. Also, to gain budget support they bumped a qualified astronaut in exchange for a U.S. congressman so they could have a better chance to gain support for funding from congress. Also considered for future space shuttle flights were children.

NASA made up the narrative that the space shuttle flights would eventually pay for themselves due to private contracts and eventually become profitable...many say that was never the case and with a space craft so heavy it was never a realistic option.

Just watched this as well

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bureau on Sundance is probably one of the best spy tv shows I've watched...along with The Americans.

Also started Lovecraft Country. It's pretty interesting so far.

About to give Schitt's Creek another go since it kept winning all those awards. I tried watching the first 3 episodes and I gave up on it.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Watched the Challenger documentary after seeing the posts here.

Not terribly surprising that NASA covered things up - that's been known for a long time. But seeing and hearing from people who were concerned prior to launch really hits home.

Even as they create the task force to investigate after the explosion, they're discussing "protecting NASA because we will still need them".

"NASA was saying things that were simply not true."

There's nothing that isn't political.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ratched on Netflix is wild & gruesome...I love it so much.

It's like Halloween came early!

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Ratched on Netflix is wild & gruesome...I love it so much.

It's like Halloween came early!
Yep I was worried it would feel too much like American Horror Story with all the familiar faces but they did a great job

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yep I was worried it would feel too much like American Horror Story with all the familiar faces but they did a great job

Agreed.

I am a big fan of the original source movie/book...so my standards were very high. Sarah Paulson is an amazing actor.

She also was great in the 'People vs OJ Simpson' as Marsha Clark.

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I never seem to be able to follow through on any series of a show...lost the end of the rope on the Blacklist at season 5, and I really liked that show.

I was watching something and had intended to go to bed Tuesday night, when Fargo started, and I just got drawn into the whole line of succession from the Hebrew to Irish to Italian crime syndicates in Kansas City 1950, and now Chris Rock is head of the Black crime syndicate looking to take over. Interesting "tradition" recounted: in order to maintain a peace between syndicates, there is a ceremony where the head of each exchanges a son with the other.

Since it is a limited series I can probably hang with it.

Forgive my stupidity, but are the first three seasons good?

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Forgive my stupidity, but are the first three seasons good?

Yes they are.

Every season tells a stand alone story, so you don't need to have seen any other season to watch which ever season....although if you watch them all, you will pick up on some loose connections to the other seasons.

Like if you want to go in chronological order, it would be:

Season 4
Season 2
Season 1
Season 3

(Season 2 is my personal favorite)

Just spent the last couple of nights watching the first four episodes of Season 4. Still a great show!

There is a character named "Doctor Senator". Do I really need to sell it more than that???

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just started a show on Netflix called Halt and Catch Fire. Currently in the middle of the first season, but it's really good. It's an AMC show from 2014 that I recently heard good things about, so I decided to check it out