***OFFICIAL*** What are you watching right now?

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
the Netflix Cowyboy Bebop is pretty lit.

As a big fan of the original anime, I loved it.

Unfortunately, the fan boys hated it....so Netflix canceled it 17 days after it premiered.

Check out Nathan for You

I loved that show too, but this one is so much better.

The amount of layering is incredible. I don't know what more to say without ruining it, but anyone with HBOMAX should check it out so he gets to do more.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
As a big fan of the original anime, I loved it.

Unfortunately, the fan boys hated it....so Netflix canceled it 17 days after it premiered.

I loved that show too, but this one is so much better.

The amount of layering is incredible. I don't know what more to say without ruining it, but anyone with HBOMAX should check it out so he gets to do more.
I still go back to the nathan for you episode where he gets the caricature artist to combine it with insult comedy. I dry heave from laughing every time

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I still go back to the nathan for you episode where he gets the caricature artist to combine it with insult comedy. I dry heave from laughing every time

OMG yes!!!

Also the one where he stars in his own version of "The Bachelor" and the "Dumb Starbucks" episode are some EPIC television moments.

I had almost forgotten about Nathan Fielder until this past week. Low key comedy genius.

Absolutely watch 'The Rehearsal' then. It takes Fielder's schtick to an entirely new level with a budget Comedy Central could never afford.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Oh i ‘live’ watched it!

Granada

Liked Posts:
Been watching Dark Side of Comedy on Vice and they've been pretty good. I saw episodes on Richard Pryor and Dustin Diamond. I never knew how much of a nutcase Pryor was, it actually disappointed me to discover how shitty he was to people in his life, particularly women.

The Diamond one was also very good. He also had a very tough life; lost his brother when he was 6, lost his mother when he was 18 if I remember right. He basically got into acting because it was the first thing he showed an interest in after his brother passed, so his father encouraged it to make him happy again. Completely understandable yet incredibly heartbreaking, especially considering how it would ultimately turn out for him.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
In the midst of a rewatch of Game of Thrones along with House of the Dragon. I'm going to give the Cyberpunk Edge runner series a show afterwards even though I'm meh about anime, just liked the Cyberpunk world.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
download.jpeg-1.jpg

Probably outing my inner gay goth kid by making this post, but whateves...I very much enjoyed this show. Reimagines a lot of the details of the books, while leaving the general structure of the story in tact.

Far better casting that the 1994 film and much better potential to merge all of the OG "Vampire Chronicles" into one glorious screen experience.

8/10

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
like when they zoom in during 'the killing moon' for 30 seconds?

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
HBOMAX: 'White House Plumbers' because Watergate plays out so much better as a comedy & the final season of 'Barry' that will end so much better as anything but a comedy

HULU: ' Reboot' has a great cast with a fun meta concept for a sitcom. Please watch so I get another season

DISNEY+: 'Secrets of The Elephants' because elephants are ****ing fascinating & drone shots of Africa are ****ing amazing

AMAZON PRIME: 'Dead Ringers' Only half done, but needed a breather from the very graphic birthing scenes. Enjoying it as a fan of the movie, but don't think it wins many new fans that will probably not make it to the end of the first episode over VERY graphic birthing scenes. Final warning.

NETFLIX: 'BEEF' was a ton of fun. Steven Yeun has been quietly killing it with everything he has done post 'The Walking Dead'.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
'Gaslit' leaves 'White House Plumbers' in the dust about retelling Watergate and it isn't even close. Fun fact, the actor who played Gavin in 'Silicon Valley' and was in 'American Psycho' directed 'Gaslit'.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
'Gaslit' leaves 'White House Plumbers' in the dust about retelling Watergate and it isn't even close. Fun fact, the actor who played Gavin in 'Silicon Valley' and was in 'American Psycho' directed 'Gaslit'.

Noted.

I really only tried out 'White House Plumbers' because of the stellar cast over reliving Watergate again, but you do have excellent taste....so I may have to checkout 'Gaslit' as well.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Now I've got a whole bunch of Silicon Valley quotes running through my head.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I'm watching the swamp Kings untold on Netflix. Urban is such a tool lol, I can see why that shit didn't work in the pros. I love the whole untold series. The Johnny football one was fucking hilarious.