CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Yeah, certainly after the walk for sure.....I will give him credit for setting up game two though. He can come with the soft tossing #2 Keuchel and then lower the boom with Crochet and his 100 MPH lightning bolts. Catching the A's was nice for the Sox....they should wrap this up tomorrow.
I do like your pitching idea though. Forgot to mention that.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I do like your pitching idea though. Forgot to mention that.

By nice, I mean they have what, 5 or 6 leftys which the Sox have killed all year plus the A's have had all kinds of trouble scoring since Chapman got hurt. It was a good catch.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
By nice, I mean they have what, 5 or 6 leftys which the Sox have killed all year
Yeah, how fucking stupid was that move by Melvin? Jesus Christ that’s managing yourself out of a job.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
By nice, I mean they have what, 5 or 6 leftys which the Sox have killed all year plus the A's have had all kinds of trouble scoring since Chapman got hurt. It was a good catch.

I completely agree. Plus warm weather, Cali trip, and a low payroll team to face in a stadium that suits us.

I think your sentiment is hammered home by the fact that the other central teams got beat today by Grienke and Cole. The second I looked at it I was glad for the last 2 weeks of the season. This was our best shot.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I completely agree. Plus warm weather, Cali trip, and a low payroll team to face in a stadium that suits us.

I think your sentiment is hammered home by the fact that the other central teams got beat today by Grienke and Cole. The second I looked at it I was glad for the last 2 weeks of the season. This was our best shot.

The Sox problems will start when they play 7 game series. When you only have two reliable starters, a best of 3 works just fine.....but now you have a best of 7 with no off days. You need 4 starters now.....Sox have two. This is when the trouble starts for them.....they need a couple of other guys to be something they haven't been all year. Reliable. Four guys to choose from.....3 issue too many walks and throw too many pitches and the other guy can't keep the ball in the park. They could really use Kopech but he pussied out...wonder how his teammates feel about that.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Sox problems will start when they play 7 game series. When you only have two reliable starters, a best of 3 works just fine.....but now you have a best of 7 with no off days. You need 4 starters now.....Sox have two. This is when the trouble starts for them.....they need a couple of other guys to be something they haven't been all year. Reliable. Four guys to choose from.....3 issue too many walks and throw too many pitches and the other guy can't keep the ball in the park. They could really use Kopech but he pussied out...wonder how his teammates feel about that.
actually its worse than that for us. The next round is 5 games. With 7 we at least get a chance with Gio twice, Keuchel twice....

I don't think 5 games is healthy for us.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
actually its worse than that for us. The next round is 5 games. With 7 we at least get a chance with Gio twice, Keuchel twice....

I don't think 5 games is healthy for us.

Didn't know that.....so it goes to 5 then 7 with no off days. Yeah, that's not a good scenario for the Sox. G and D will have just pitched in this series......so you won't see them till later in the 5 which means you'll only get them once each in the 7. You might get G on short rest a second time. Yikes.

Pray for some rain outs.......

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Basically Gio and Keuchel have to start the playoffs 4-0 combined.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah...the rabbits in the outfield helped him out early on too. With Encarnacion and Jiminez there may have been a couple hits.

As for Jiminez the best I could figure out is like a day-to-day prognosis. No mention of out for series, or out for playoffs, just today.

What is the nature of his injury anyway? I don't remember him limping off of the field. Do you?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Didn't know that.....so it goes to 5 then 7 with no off days. Yeah, that's not a good scenario for the Sox. G and D will have just pitched in this series......so you won't see them till later in the 5 which means you'll only get them once each in the 7. You might get G on short rest a second time. Yikes.

Pray for some rain outs.......

I think today's game is critical in that it gives them an extra day of rest. It also would be good if the Stros beat the Twins today.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Madrigal... smh

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Keuchel is throwing a ton of meatballs today. Right in the middle of the plate and up, even though the ump has a huge zone low.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Keuchel is throwing a ton of meatballs today. Right in the middle of the plate and up, even though the ump has a huge zone low.

Keuchel didn't have much, didn't give us much. Gonna roll the back of the pen or long reliever probably, and be ready for an ace pen day tomorrow against the same.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The decision to roll Cease out was certainly interesting. I guess Dunning or Lopez was the plan...or a bullpen day.

Manaea is a strange animal. He can give us the series or fuck us up, depending on his stuff any given day. Bassett was not unexpected.

Getting an early lead will be key, we won't see Hendricks again but much worse options exist. Secretly hoping the plan is to start Crotch Rocket as an opener and go from there after we see what Maneaa has.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I wish Abreu had taken a pitch in the 9th. However, he did hit the ball hard and because he’s been hitting the ball where it is pitched, he wasn’t facing a shift. It was nice to see that the guys didn’t mail it in late and put a huge pitch count on their closer.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I wish Abreu had taken a pitch in the 9th. However, he did hit the ball hard and because he’s been hitting the ball where it is pitched, he wasn’t facing a shift. It was nice to see that the guys didn’t mail it in late and put a huge pitch count on their closer.
8 feet either way, or lifted off the ground, and that Abreu ball ties the game. It was just tough luck.

Loved what they did late, and Yasmani is really showing his value right now. Great at bats by him.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Me with Dallas Keuchel after the game:

SwPOXJt.png

dennehy

Liked Posts:
That was Keuchel's worst outing of the year. Every miss was up in the zone and over the meat of the plate, he actually reminded me of Lester's outing when the Sox lit him up at Wrigley earlier this year.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Madrigal... smh

Made a couple of bozo no no plays and decisions out there today. Rookie mistakes. He'll learn though and he didn't sulk because of it.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That was Keuchel's worst outing of the year. Every miss was up in the zone and over the meat of the plate, he actually reminded me of Lester's outing when the Sox lit him up at Wrigley earlier this year.

It was just juicy meatballs over the plate all fucking day.

Even if we win today, gonna be hard to go far with basically just one playoff-caliber SP.