Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If this lose, it's all on Rickey.

Maddon caught all kinds of shit and he won....Rick's gonna get roasted alive here if they don't come back. Not sure barring injury how you can have a bullpen game in an elimination game.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Maddon caught all kinds of shit and he won....Rick's gonna get roasted alive here if they don't come back. Not sure barring injury how you can have a bullpen game in an elimination game.

Didn't the Brewers use their bullpen in a G7 against the Dodgers a few years ago?

TAM

Liked Posts:
Yeah - bullpen day for a must-win game. That's the sign of a championship manager. And the obsession with Rodon!! You can't have a bullpen walk in a loss in this setting. Well, good season over all, and hopefully more than a little illuminating for the front office - it took them way too long to finally get over Carson Fulmer and send him along, perhaps now they'll cut their losses on the Carlos Rodon project and devote their energy and funds to improving the pitching. And seriously, seriously, folks - Hahn and company need, need to take a look for a championship-caliber manager and recognize that Ricky cannot get development out of his head even in championship games!

Good season in the brain, feels like that all-too-familiar got to get a professional club in the gut. And, now I'm still reduced to rooting hard for the Cubs to lose tomorrow! Hahaha!

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Didn't the Brewers use their bullpen in a G7 against the Dodgers a few years ago?

Depends on how you look at it. Council manages weird....but I don't remember a game where a reliever started. The game I think your talking about, he started Chacin who was a starter but only went a few innings. The game turned into a bullpen thanks to some odd managing. Same odd managing we saw today and they didn't fair any better than the Sox....they also got eleminated.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I wonder what everyone's opinion of Kopech is these days....they needed what he could provide but he bailed out like a wuss. The Sox appear to at the start of a run but there's never any guarntees....they should be back but shit happens sometimes in sports.

TAM

Liked Posts:
Kopech was supposed to be a key piece of the rotation in this setting, especially after the investment of a down year - but he didn't want to play. I have my doubts as to whether he'll pan out at all, has the signs of a brewing robust head case. I guess we'll see whether he's up for a little baseball next spring.

Team Chicago

Liked Posts:
Losing sucks and giving up a lead makes it worse.

There is something to build on though, lots of pop in the lineup 1 through 9

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ricky needs to go.... he managed us into a loss yesterday.

Perfect justification to move on from him.

You've got the talent.... go get a starting pitcher in the offseason.

Go get a manager who doesn't put Rodon in to give the game away like a fucking moron.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
For 2021:
Renty gone please. He is just not a bright guy or at the very least can only manage in one mode.

I think if they can resign McCann and let go of Encarnacion they are more of less set among position players. The starting 8 plus Mccann, Leury, Yolmer, and Engel. Let Mazara and Engel platoon in RF and just switch in DHs among Mccaan/Grandal, Mazara, Engel, Leury, and Eloy. If Vaughn is ready, great. If not you have enough flexibility to be fine until the trade deadline.

Obviously need an SP. Gio and Rodon should be gone. I don't think they are going to get Bauer, if they do they are immediately a serious contender. Past that there some options but nothing that really stands out. I think it will wind up someone like Qunitana, and you role with Giolito, Keuchel, and some combo of Quintana (or whoever), Kopech, Cease, Dunning. Give Lopez one last shot in there as well. Maybe one of those guys to the pen.

Relief pitching, sign Colome, dump Cishek, sign a lefty should be good to go until the trade deadline. I have a bad feeling Crochet is headed for TJ, and I would have preferred to try to let him start at AAA for the first couple months anyway. Colome, Bummer, Marshall, Heuer, Foster, Cordero, new lefty/Fry.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Pulling Dunning in the first innings was really stupid. I've never ever seen that done for a guy who is a starting pitcher. I guess Rickey thought that he'd be cute with that shit. They should have never lost that game. Some of it was bad umpiring and bad luck but some of it was bad baserunning(Madrigal again) and bad managing.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Kopech was supposed to be a key piece of the rotation in this setting, especially after the investment of a down year - but he didn't want to play. I have my doubts as to whether he'll pan out at all, has the signs of a brewing robust head case. I guess we'll see whether he's up for a little baseball next spring.

Yeah. I had bad vibes when I did a little bit of research on Kopech. I really think he has some mental issues which may explain him sitting out this season. Hopefully they can figure him out and he can get some treatment for what is going on between his ears like Greinke did. I don't think, though, that they can depend on him, at least not as a starting pitcher.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Somebody mentioned TJ for the kid Crochet, didn't look that intense so hopefully not but if they continue to mold into a starter, it will probably will lead to that. Guys that throw that hard usually run into arm problems. I'd like to see them direct him into the closer role....seems like s good way to get a lot out of him (see Hader in Milwaukee) and keep him off the operating table.