***OFFICIAL WHITE SOX 2020 SEASON THREAD***

dennehy

Liked Posts:
That game yesterday was amazing. Abreu looks like a kid again and has become a great hitter. Having guys hitting in front of him and behind him allows him to look for pitches to drive and not be forced to swing at pitches out of the zone because he knew that if he didn't drive the runners in they probably wouldn't score.

I love Eloy also. He really is a complete hitter also and I predict will be a MVP candidate himself before very long. He knows the strike zone and will take a walk if he doesn't get good pitches to hit. This is something that Robert needs to figure out.
You cried about the rebuild like a fucking bitch for months.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
IT really should be a great series with the Twins who are very hot themselves. Looks like Moncada is getting better and getting his strength back as is Mazara. The Sox owe the Twins some payback. It should be a lot of FUN.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You cried about the rebuild like a fucking bitch for months.

I hated Reinny and still do. But kudos to the commitment that the Sox did to bring in great Cuban and Latin American talent and and to tie them up for a good number of years. Whatever Hahn did to get Reinny to spend his money for not only that but also to sign Grandal, Kuechel, and others along with the emergence of young drafted prospect pitchers has really come together nicely. They are probably a year away from really being a great team but this team has as good a chance as anyone a year early

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I hated Reinny and still do. But kudos to the commitment that the Sox did to bring in great Cuban and Latin American talent and and to tie them up for a good number of years. Whatever Hahn did to get Reinny to spend his money for not only that but also to sign Grandal, Kuechel, and others along with the emergence of young drafted prospect pitchers has really come together nicely. They are probably a year away from really being a great team but this team has as good a chance as anyone a year early
You cried like an emo bitch for months, demonstrating that you have no baseball knowledge. .And now that you're back you'll find something else to cry about.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You cried like an emo bitch for months, demonstrating that you have no baseball knowledge. .And now that you're back you'll find something else to cry about.

Nah. That's your opinion and I could give a shit what you think. I'm here to talk baseball. Try to talk baseball.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
First place in the AL! Crazy to think we're the best team in the league.

And that's without a consistent 4th starter. Giolito and Kuechel are studs. Cease looks like he'll be one too that we can rely on.

Like another poster said, if we had Kopech I would feel even more confident about this team. Enjoy the ride, yall.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Best win of the season so far. Ten walks will usually get you beat. Fantastic at bats by Moncada, Robert and Anderson in the 8th.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
Engel needs to play everyday over Mazara useless ass.

I'm tired of seeing Encarnacion too.

McCann should be our DH when he's not catching. And when he's catching Abreu or Grandal should be 1B/DH. Tired of Encaranacion. He's the easiest out in the lineup behind Mazara.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What a clutch at bat by Engle. I'm officially on the bench Mazara movement. The guy needs to refigure his entire hitting approach. Robert is also in a big slump. He's fouling off pitches that he would normally hit hard. Little Nick at the bottom of the order has been a real asset though.

This was a crazy game over-all. Normally when you walk so many against a line-up like the Twins and have so many lead-off guys get on the bases, you are going to lose the game. But the bull-pen was over-all amazing. Cruz left an army on the bases in his at bats.

It truly was an amazing game. To those criticizing Eloy. What he did was correct and what they tell outfielders to do when the ball is lodged in or under the wall. It was the umpire(s) who were wrong. When he raised his arms, it is up to the umpire to award two bases to the player and the player cannot touch the ball. If the fielder does, then the ball is live. I think the NY crew made the right call after what happened.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
What a clutch at bat by Engle. I'm officially on the bench Mazara movement. The guy needs to refigure his entire hitting approach. Robert is also in a big slump. He's fouling off pitches that he would normally hit hard. Little Nick at the bottom of the order has been a real asset though.

IT really should be a great series with the Twins who are very hot themselves. Looks like Moncada is getting better and getting his strength back as is Mazara. The Sox owe the Twins some payback. It should be a lot of FUN.

Mazara is getting his strength back one day then the next day he should be benched.

Great baseball analysis.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Engel needs to play everyday over Mazara useless ass.

I'm tired of seeing Encarnacion too.

McCann should be our DH when he's not catching. And when he's catching Abreu or Grandal should be 1B/DH. Tired of Encaranacion. He's the easiest out in the lineup behind Mazara.

I just write these same two things on another board this morning. Tired of Encarnacion, dude almost never has a productive at bat and Mazara isn't good at anything. At least with Engel you know you're going to get speed and defense.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Eloy is an adventure in the OF...

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
First place in the AL! Crazy to think we're the best team in the league.

And that's without a consistent 4th starter. Giolito and Kuechel are studs. Cease looks like he'll be one too that we can rely on.

Like another poster said, if we had Kopech I would feel even more confident about this team. Enjoy the ride, yall.

I'm not sure about Kopech but Dunning sure likes a winner and the Stiever kid, Heurer, Burdi, and Foster sure have shown their mettle this year. And Lopez can still figure things out and his stuff is excellent also. The future sure looks good for them pitchingwise and also to use some of these guys in potential trades down the road.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I can't remember a player who has been as locked in hitting wise as Anderson has been over the last two years. It truly remarkable how relaxed he is at bat always moving around in the box and basically taking each pitcher's best pitch away from them. A pitcher cannot blow a fastball past him. They can't jam him inside because he will inside out it and take it to right field. And he loves to hit the breaking pitch.

Three more hits today and he's over .370 now. I remember Rickey Henderson being a great lead-off man but no one has had two straight years like this guy has.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mazara is getting his strength back one day then the next day he should be benched.

Great baseball analysis.

I've been trying to give Mazara the benefit of the doubt because he was sick and maybe needed time to get back his strength. The same thing with Moncada. Both of these guys are clearly struggling offensviely. With Moncada, though, he is still playing a lights out 3rd base but you can see that he just is not nearly as in shape physically as he has been.

With Engle, he just right now is a better over-all player than Mazara. Better defensively although Mazara has been good in right field and Engle has great speed and provides them with a steal threat at the bottom of the order. Stone talked about this yesterday in the Twins game how with Robert, Engel, Madrigal, and Anderson batting in a row, its gives a good dimension to your line-up.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Eloy is an adventure in the OF...

He's getting better, though. He is a good athlete and is much improved over last year. Forget the DH talk, he'll be a fixture in left for a long time.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
I can't remember a player who has been as locked in hitting wise as Anderson has been over the last two years. It truly remarkable how relaxed he is at bat always moving around in the box and basically taking each pitcher's best pitch away from them. A pitcher cannot blow a fastball past him. They can't jam him inside because he will inside out it and take it to right field. And he loves to hit the breaking pitch.

Three more hits today and he's over .370 now. I remember Rickey Henderson being a great lead-off man but no one has had two straight years like this guy has.
They mentioned on the broadcast last night the last player to lead the league in hitting back to back years was Larry Walker 20 years ago.

I'm amazed at how in control TA is.