***OFFICIAL WHITE SOX 2020 SEASON THREAD***

ChisoxCRO

Liked Posts:
Engel needs to play everyday over Mazara useless ass.

I'm tired of seeing Encarnacion too.

McCann should be our DH when he's not catching. And when he's catching Abreu or Grandal should be 1B/DH. Tired of Encaranacion. He's the easiest out in the lineup behind Mazara.
I agree! I do not get how Mazara gets marched out daily over Engel.
McCann is a beast! Not that impressed with Grandahl

ChisoxCRO

Liked Posts:
I agree! I do not get how Mazara gets marched out daily over Engel.
McCann is a beast! Not that impressed with Grandahl
Anyone else uneasy about this last game vs Minnesota? Hope Reynaldo does well. Need to take 3 out of 4 to send a message.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Anyone else uneasy about this last game vs Minnesota? Hope Reynaldo does well. Need to take 3 out of 4 to send a message.
I didn't see this post until just now, but I was worried about this entire series--regardless of who we had on the bump. Minnesota had our number until this series. Taking 3 of 4 against is huge for our team's confidence.

Lopez didn't look awful today, which is an upgrade. I still don't want him in our playoff rotation.

I'm more worried about the continued slumps of Moncada and Robert. Need those two to figure things about by the playoffs. Moncada looks like he did his first year with the Sox, and Robert is swinging and missing pitches he was blasting earlier this season. Thsoe two have to figure things out.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Codi Huere is already becoming stud reliever before our eyes. He probably will be the set-up guy for the Sox for the remainder of the season and in the play-offs. He's 97-99 and has a great wipe-out slider that no one can hit.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hopefully EE is getting his hitterish stuff back. He really killed that ball today. Looks like Robert is hitting a wall. They need to give him a bit of a rest before the play-offs start.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In the right season, I can see Eloy potentially winning a triple crown. For a power guy, he doesn't strike out much, has decent speed to leg out hits, and has an enormous amount of plate coverage to get the AB alive. I cannot recall a very young right handed hitter like this guy. Maybe Mays. Maybe Roberto or Aaron. Bottom line, the guy is a very special hitter.

ChisoxCRO

Liked Posts:
I didn't see this post until just now, but I was worried about this entire series--regardless of who we had on the bump. Minnesota had our number until this series. Taking 3 of 4 against is huge for our team's confidence.

Lopez didn't look awful today, which is an upgrade. I still don't want him in our playoff rotation.

I'm more worried about the continued slumps of Moncada and Robert. Need those two to figure things about by the playoffs. Moncada looks like he did his first year with the Sox, and Robert is swinging and missing pitches he was blasting earlier this season. Thsoe two have to figure things out.

ChisoxCRO

Liked Posts:
Yes, I agree that Eloy and Moncada need to figure things out. Unfortunately, Moncada has mentioned that he is still feeling the effects of Covid, I have friends that have said the same thing after they recovered. Good that Eloy ripped that hit yesterday. Maybe it snapped him out of his slump!!GO SOX!!
WE ARE GOING TO THE POST SEASON, FINALLY!!

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yes, I agree that Eloy and Moncada need to figure things out. Unfortunately, Moncada has mentioned that he is still feeling the effects of Covid, I have friends that have said the same thing after they recovered. Good that Eloy ripped that hit yesterday. Maybe it snapped him out of his slump!!GO SOX!!
WE ARE GOING TO THE POST SEASON, FINALLY!!

Eloy was in a slump? Who knew:)

ChisoxCRO

Liked Posts:
Cishek and Mazara should not be playing. Period. Robert needs to be batting up in the order , like 5th, with some protection batting after him like Engel. That was Abreu's problem for years.Unfortunately, Edwin is not doing much but yet he plays more than Engel. Hopefully we go deep in the playoffs but it will be in spite of Rentaria. Remind you of 2016 Cubs and winning (barely) with Madden.???

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Crochet was something tonight. His stuff was electric and it’s the best fastball I’ve seen this year. That was pretty cool stuck in the middle of a real lackluster performance by the Sox. It’s easy to see why they drafted him.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Robert need to hit a ball to the right side. He's been flying off the ball for two weeks now.

I'd give Moncada a few days off. It's understandable that they'd lay an egg tonight coming off a comeback clincher against the Twins, with Stiever pitching and Anderson off. But they also have a few guys who are really scuffling right now.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Robert need to hit a ball to the right side. He's been flying off the ball for two weeks now.

I'd give Moncada a few days off. It's understandable that they'd lay an egg tonight coming off a comeback clincher against the Twins, with Stiever pitching and Anderson off. But they also have a few guys who are really scuffling right now.

You’re right on Robert. The crazy thing is he can’t square up the mistakes when he gets them right now. Also, after swinging at literally everything, he’s let middle cut fastballs go right by just looking at them. I guess they’re not as enticing as sliders that are low and a foot off the plate! I realize he’s young and I believe he’s going to be a star but he has to improve his approach and understanding of the strike zone.

Every team is getting him out on sliders out of the zone. How many times can you fall for that? If he took a few walks and stole second each time, they would start throwing him strikes.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How much fun was that with AJ and the other announcer talking to Anderson on the field who by the way, just hit his 2nd dinger to center field in this game. It was lso cool to listening to Anderson talking about Abreu deserving the MVP award. After reading about what LeBRAWN said about the MVP award yesterday, this comment by Tim was refreshing.

Update: Grandal just goes back to back.

Update 2: Abreu just goes back to back to back. Come-on Eloy....Join in the fun:)

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You’re right on Robert. The crazy thing is he can’t square up the mistakes when he gets them right now. Also, after swinging at literally everything, he’s let middle cut fastballs go right by just looking at them. I guess they’re not as enticing as sliders that are low and a foot off the plate! I realize he’s young and I believe he’s going to be a star but he has to improve his approach and understanding of the strike zone.

Every team is getting him out on sliders out of the zone. How many times can you fall for that? If he took a few walks and stole second each time, they would start throwing him strikes.

Roberts is totally lost at the plate. Forget the Rookie of the Year award. He needs to go back to basics and just try to shorten up on the bat and put it in play.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, Cy Young conversation pitchers dual and they walk away with both a shut out, and 5 dingers. So thats about the level they are playing, tied for first place with Tampa Bay. Winning close games. Having a feared line-up.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well, Cy Young conversation pitchers dual and they walk away with both a shut out, and 5 dingers. So thats about the level they are playing, tied for first place with Tampa Bay. Winning close games. Having a feared line-up.

Didn't Bauer give up two home runs before he left?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Robert in such a slump he can't even catch a fly ball. What a fucking gut punch that game was.

TAM

Liked Posts:
This is becoming frustrating - this isn't the Sox's year, it's still coming. It's all asterisked anyway - they're going to give up the Central at this rate, but at least it's seasoning for 2021. I'll go with Stone - this isn't the year... they're falling apart in front of our eyes.