Offseason Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I think the biggest key in 2009 for the Bears will be how well the offensive players digest and execute the new playbook from Martz.

I think our defense could be a top 10 unit again. Peppers + C. Harris + healthy Urlacher + healthy T. Harris should mean good things.

JJ-28

Liked Posts:
Here is another idiot that thinks the Bears need a #1 WR even thou no one has any idea if we already have one on the team or not. Most of our WR played their frist NFL season last year. Not all #1 WR come into the league as a #1 WR they become one after a year or two.

What is so damn funny about all these idiots calling for a #1 WR is there are winning teams out there that don't have a #1 WR and there are losing teams out there that have a #1 WR. Having a #1 WR doesn't make this or any other team a winner and in some case TO is a good one can make a team worst just for having them on the team.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
the bears either need to try to develop their receivers into offensive weapons

or get one in FA

because honestly the bear's best receiver isnt even a receiver:Greg Olsen

I think a receiver who can get at least 65-75 catches would be good..the bears dont need a superstar receiver just a guy who can be a go to receiver and can be reliable

Pepe Silvia

Where's my mail?
Liked Posts:
Here is another idiot that thinks the Bears need a #1 WR even thou no one has any idea if we already have one on the team or not. Most of our WR played their frist NFL season last year. Not all #1 WR come into the league as a #1 WR they become one after a year or two.

What is so damn funny about all these idiots calling for a #1 WR is there are winning teams out there that don't have a #1 WR and there are losing teams out there that have a #1 WR. Having a #1 WR doesn't make this or any other team a winner and in some case TO is a good one can make a team worst just for having them on the team.

I agree. How many times did Denver make it with Brandon Marshall? and Pittsburgh won a couple rings without a true #1.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
^denver had awful defense

and Pittsburgh had a good QB,insane defense,and a good running game

there are few instances where you dont need a #1 receiver but in most cases you need a receiver or TE that the QB can trust to get a good number of catches per game. Does chi have that? Not really..Olsen could become that guy..or maybe even hester....

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I agree we dont need a #1 but it would be nice. Id like to see how things go this season and get a guy in next years draft(Jon Baldwin). We would have a better idea about what we truly have at WR if we built up a OL that gives our QB time to read the field and open up holes for our RBs.

It all starts up front, on both sides.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
What we need are good receivers. I think, for the most part, the "#1" moniker is just a stand-in for "guys that know how to run routes and learn the offense", because if I math is correct on this, we currently have zero.

Reactions: MRN

MRN

MRNeverwearthesamething
Donator
Liked Posts:
What we need are good receivers. I think, for the most part, the "#1" moniker is just a stand-in for "guys that know how to run routes and learn the offense", because if I math is correct on this, we currently have zero.

This.

WFBST

Liked Posts:
I agree with Anytime23 ... a number one receiver is not necessary, we have guys that will develop into good receivers. An offensive line that can give Cutler time to find those guys, that would be great. I'm looking forward to watching Chris Williams dominate this year. As for the right side, not so sure what will happen over there.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
I agree with Anytime23 ... a number one receiver is not necessary, we have guys that will develop into good receivers. An offensive line that can give Cutler time to find those guys, that would be great. I'm looking forward to watching Chris Williams dominate this year. As for the right side, not so sure what will happen over there.

Who exactly on this roster is going to develop into a "good" wide receiver? And by that I mean: who on this team has the size, route-running, recognition and hands abilities to even be a barely above average WR? Knox and Hester certainly don't (and won't) fit the bill, Devin Aromashodu is a "maybe" and Earl Bennett is a bit of a stretch. That's not exactly a good outlook, considering all of these guys had a terrible time reading and understanding West Coast Lite.

WFBST

Liked Posts:
I think Knox and Aromashodu can provide Cutler with good targets, even though they are a little on the small side. Hester was more valuable returning, but that's another discussion in itself. I'm hoping this season doesn't develop into a WR mess.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I don't think we had a true #1 WR in 2006.

Just sayin'

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
because that team had alot of other things including

DEFENSE

DEFENSE

AND MORE DEFENSE

#1 in turnovers and lets not forget the #1 special teams in the league. Decent running game as well.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
I'll buy that for a dollar!

I have never gotten a straight answer on this: is that a catch-phrase from a fictional character made up entirely for RoboCop, or is there some real-life character the RC makers decided to put in the movie just because?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
because that team had alot of other things including

DEFENSE

DEFENSE

AND MORE DEFENSE

True.

I think our D is going to be much-improved this year.

Maybe not 2006-good, but still pretty good.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
True.

I think our D is going to be much-improved this year.

Maybe not 2006-good, but still pretty good.

.......maybe. It's all up to the front-4 and specifically, Tommie Harris. If the Bears get good Tommie they will be much improved with the addition of Peppers and return of a (hopefully) healthy Urlacher. If Tommie is bad or hurt (again), the Peppers signing could be rendered moot.

Status
Not open for further replies.