Ogletree and Roquan seem to fit better.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
There's been alot of buzz about Ogletree flying around camp raising hell. Id think him and Smith would be a better fit than Danny T. Id play D.T on first and then Sub in A.O. Seems to be having a hellova camp, if he continues to impress I say give him the job.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Ogletree, from what I can remember, always seemed to play the Bears really well. I think he's had a few INT's against them from his days in STL and NY. I like the pickup. Pace has done a good job as of late finding hidden gems at the backup LB positions.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Could be wrong, but I think Ogletree is mostly running with the 3s.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Don't think i'd be starting him over DT just going off of what he does in 7 on 7 drills but sure hope he sticks and takes over for Iggy or Woods as our #3. We also have C.Jones so maybe we'll get rid of both Iggy and Woods.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is just a couple days of training camp. I know people are starved for news and projections but everyone should slow their roll a bit.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
There's been alot of buzz about Ogletree flying around camp raising hell. Id think him and Smith would be a better fit than Danny T. Id play D.T on first and then Sub in A.O. Seems to be having a hellova camp, if he continues to impress I say give him the job.
There’s no way of knowing if this is true unless Olgetree practices beside Smith with the first team. I think it would be pointless to keep subbing in Danny T and Olgetree, plus in and out of Nickel formation.

jbd

Liked Posts:
Above poster is correct. DT is old and lost a step.. or three.. dumb resigning and waste of money. Huge liability and has been picked on and exploited the last few seasons.

I saw a link to some bonehead article the other day saying 'trevathan primed for another productive season' i scoffed at it and moved along without even thinking of reading the article...total bullshit!

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
But Danny T is a leader! /eye roll

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Above poster is correct. DT is old and lost a step.. or three.. dumb resigning and waste of money. Huge liability and has been picked on and exploited the last few seasons.

I saw a link to some bonehead article the other day saying 'trevathan primed for another productive season' i scoffed at it and moved along without even thinking of reading the article...total bullshit!
He has lost a step in the passing game but he is still pretty solid in the run game. If I’m not mistaken I believe they pulled him on a lot of passing downs/situations.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trevathan's contract keeps him in Chicago for this year and next because it would cost more to cut him, but it's nice to have someone legitimately pushing him. I don't see Olgetree taking Trevathan's job flatout, but he is just an injury away from getting his shot. Could even be nice insurance/leverage when it's Roquan's turn at the negotiation table.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He has lost a step in the passing game but he is still pretty solid in the run game. If I’m not mistaken I believe they pulled him on a lot of passing downs/situations.

Which makes him relatively useless in this NFL. And he is not fucking solid in the run game. He has one of the lowest stop percentages in the league based on his tackles. He is fucking trash. Kind of amazing people still defend this fucking unless POS still.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Which makes him relatively useless in this NFL. And he is not fucking solid in the run game. He has one of the lowest stop percentages in the league based on his tackles. He is fucking trash. Kind of amazing people still defend this fucking unless POS still.
Not defending him, just stating he’s not as washed up as people think. But he is replaceable.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Not defending him, just stating he’s not as washed up as people think. But he is replaceable.
He'd be a great backup that gets minimum vet pay. But as a starter with that pay? It's one of the worst deals in the league for ILB's

greg23

Liked Posts:
I've seen enough of all of the (and their salaries) to confidently rank them as follows

Smith
DT
Jones
Olgeltree
Woods
Iggy

I'd definitely keep the top 3 and if Olgeltree can play ST the top 4

Then #5 woods comes down to a lb vs extra cb/s/qb/wr

Igggy is worthless on d and a st only

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

DT did start off slow last year which we've all gone over many many times but it's odd how we just leave out that we didn't have all the practice/training camp or preseason last year because of covid like that meant nothing for players. DT ended up with some of his best stats of his career because of how well he came on once he got himself back into shape or whatever it was that contributed to his slow start.

IMO Danny T will be just fine this year and will probably even have a pretty big chip on his shoulder cause he heard all the talk about him last year. He won't be as good in coverage as he was but that's what Roquan can do.

I still think Pace gave him too many years and too much money and was always the biggest Kwiatkowski fan on here but Danny will be just fine this year. What we need a good #3 and #4 for is cause both Danny and Roquan have had their health issues.

Danny had 113 total tackles which were the 2nd most of his career.