hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Wut?? He is under contract, which means he must perform to the best of his abilities, which he has always done in the past.

He is a Hawks HOF legend, but like everyone else under contract, he cannot simply “do whatever he wants”. The options are: heal, play, retire, or accept a trade. That’s all.
Not if he has a medical condition, in which he does,hence why he is not playing. Heal, play or accept a trade doesn’t work.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
He can, but like I said, I hope he doesn't. Again, I think it's bad for the team overall to just keep them in limbo like that. At the end of the day, this can't go on forever -- or even for the next 2 years. It will have severe consequences for the team and will hamstring an already suspect GM. It shouldn't be about one player; it should be about the good of the team.

Who are any of us to make on comment on anything? Yet we do. We're all just fans here, yourself included.
Granada you and I for the most part see eye to eye on majority of subject matter in relation to the Hawks, this outburst by me is more to do with, in my honest opinion the negative criticism aimed at Toews from posters within this sight and many hockey fans abroad. Toews is a constant professional and whatever he is going through is obviously very serious and we be taken under considerable advisement by all parties, family, management, the NHL, so with that being said, keeping the team in limbo is that last thing Toews is trying to do.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Granada you and I for the most part see eye to eye on majority of subject matter in relation to the Hawks, this outburst by me is more to do with, in my honest opinion the negative criticism aimed at Toews from posters within this sight and many hockey fans abroad. Toews is a constant professional and whatever he is going through is obviously very serious and we be taken under considerable advisement by all parties, family, management, the NHL, so with that being said, keeping the team in limbo is that last thing Toews is trying to do.

I get that, and just to clarify, I'm not trying to rip on Toews here. I'm just saying, I hope this doesn't drag out much longer. At some point, he's going to have to make a decision, not only for the team, but for himself; and I hope that point is sooner rather than later. Even though I don't believe he's purposefully trying to keep the team in limbo, it unfortunately still is, nevertheless.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not if he has a medical condition, in which he does,hence why he is not playing. Heal, play or accept a trade doesn’t work.
Adding onto this:

I believe every team has some type of insurance policy in case a player is medically unfit to play. I could be mistaken but I read that way back when--so the 'hawks proper aren't on the hook for all $7M of Toews' salary (actual, not cap hit). Plus, there's LTIR in there so theoretically they could sign someone on that's really expensive to fill in the roster...theoretically.

While I agree that it would be nice to know what's happening and for Toews to make a decision, if it is a medical issue it's his business. He may not know if it's possible for him to continue playing or not (yet).

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Adding onto this:

I believe every team has some type of insurance policy in case a player is medically unfit to play. I could be mistaken but I read that way back when--so the 'hawks proper aren't on the hook for all $7M of Toews' salary (actual, not cap hit). Plus, there's LTIR in there so theoretically they could sign someone on that's really expensive to fill in the roster...theoretically.

While I agree that it would be nice to know what's happening and for Toews to make a decision, if it is a medical issue it's his business. He may not know if it's possible for him to continue playing or not (yet).

This can't be true. @Martini boldly stated (lied) that Toews was sitting out with a fake illness to get traded.