Oh sweet Jesus. The return..... Of Mitch????

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In terms of working an offense, this makes sense, They are QB's that roughly do the same thing...

Reactions: Myk

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Under a different coach, Mitch might be a better player. But there is no guarantee.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sure we would all be down. He's a legit top 3 nfl backup.

Not sure why mitch would want to come back here unless he has zero offers like last offseason. My guess, bear in mind im a dumbass, is that the nagy firing makes mitch look better in the eyes of some teams now
if you look at NFL backup QB's thats not a very high bar

mecha

Liked Posts:

Not sure why mitch would want to come back here unless he has zero offers like last offseason. My guess, bear in mind im a dumbass, is that the nagy firing makes mitch look better in the eyes of some teams now
I thought it was widely accepted that Nagy sandbagged Trubisky. he's done it with every quarterback thus far, just my opinion. it's cause he does shit like pass on 3rd and 1 or run on 3rd and 15 thinking the other team's defense won't expect it. he devalues every player on offense in a way.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No thanks. Mitch just wasn't that good at throwing the ball.

But, if he improved that part of his game... then... I guess.

With Foles' contract though... I'm guessing he'll be the backup next year.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I think that would be a helluva lot better than Foles or Dalton. Mitch as a backup to Fields would be about as plug and play as you could get for a team.
As far as Mitch not being allowed to win the starter if that's what was meant; I would sooner expect Mitch to not like the organization before the organization having it in for him.
Mitch not physically able to win the starter from Fields, I can totally see that. But I don't see him turning down a job to back up anyone, even Mahomes if it was offered. There's always injury to give you a chance.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No thanks. Mitch just wasn't that good at throwing the ball.

But, if he improved that part of his game... then... I guess.

With Foles' contract though... I'm guessing he'll be the backup next year.
what if Schoen is the GM choice
Could you imagine if he came back and won the starting job and strung together 10 great years and Justin becomes the next mariotta
there's not enough acid in existence to stoke my imagination to reach those limits

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How much was the fifth year option vs dalton 9mil? More plausible to say they shouldn’t have bothered with dalton cause they still had foles at 10 mil a year
Mitch signed for $2m. He likely stays for under $5m. You don't have to use the option. I wanted this blown up last year but kept my fingers crossed that Dalton would fit and Mustifer got stronger in the offseason. :( Sort of goes hand in hand. Dalton and pressure don't mix well.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought it was widely accepted that Nagy sandbagged Trubisky. he's done it with every quarterback thus far, just my opinion. it's cause he does shit like pass on 3rd and 1 or run on 3rd and 15 thinking the other team's defense won't expect it. he devalues every player on offense in a way.
Trubisky's inaccuracy on passes over 15 yards downfield has nothing to do with being devalued or sandbagged

mecha

Liked Posts:
Trubisky's inaccuracy on passes over 15 yards downfield has nothing to do with being devalued or sandbagged
he was pretty bad and I noted it many times. I would venture he was pretty poor in other areas that could have been improved over time with coaching. Nagy didn't want him, but that's really tough shit on his part first of all, and hugely unprofessional on another, cause Trubisky was drafted before he was hired to be the alleged offensive mastermind. you would think the most significant piece to running your offense would be like, you know, important to get in order to actually run your overly ridiculously complicated system, right? Trubisky was just another Grossman without the deep pass potential. my opinion. on the OP subject, he would be an upgrade over Daniel, Foles, and Dalton any way you slice it however.

pfcmsh

Liked Posts:

I wonder how Mitch feels. I think he was a lot better than he played because he was limited by what Nagy told him to do and how to do it. The whole Mitch experience with a coach that works with him and is open to suggestions could have turned out a lot differently.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wonder how Mitch feels. I think he was a lot better than he played because he was limited by what Nagy told him to do and how to do it. The whole Mitch experience with a coach that works with him and is open to suggestions could have turned out a lot differently.

I think he did pretty good considering the circumstances. By far better than anybody else in the conditions. And did have that 5 game stretch averaging over 30 a game last year.

#Trubisky36Watson7

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Could you imagine if he came back and won the starting job and strung together 10 great years and Justin becomes the next mariotta
That’s a lot better then if he goes to Green Bay and the Same thing happens. I mean Trubisky vs Love ?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I think he did pretty good considering the circumstances. By far better than anybody else in the conditions. And did have that 5 game stretch averaging over 30 a game last year.

#Trubisky36Watson7
Would you take Mitch over Watson?

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Would you take Mitch over Watson?

When. Right now? At this point Houston would have been better off not taking Watson. They got nothing out of Watson except making him the 2nd highest player in football causing other players not being able to be signed, followed immediately by him demanding to be traded because he couldn't pick the GM lol, followed by so much legal problems that he was inactive all year and the rest of the NFL staying away.