Oil change

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Sounds like a scissor jack... those things are dangerous.

If you are doing an oil change, you are doing it because you have time to kill and enjoy it.
I love turning wrenches, but fuck oil changes.
With the time invested getting rid of the old shit, you are losing money doing it yourself.

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sounds like a scissor jack... those things are dangerous.

If you are doing an oil change, you are doing it because you have time to kill and enjoy it.
I love turning wrenches, but fuck oil changes.
With the time invested getting rid of the old shit, you are losing money doing it yourself.
Yup...Chevy dealer by the house does full synthetic oil, filter, and tire rotation for $59.99, plus one of the techs take a peek at it after the oil change kid is done...the oil and filter are $40, can't beat that deal.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I've actually thought about doing oil changes myself because I hate dealing with dealerships (always trying to upsell) and places like jiffy lube will literally hire some kid/whoever off the street who literally has never looked at a car before. Stories like this though always hinder me.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I like DIY'ing most stuff. I'm not a big wrench turner, but it's pretty easy to replace batteries, headlights, air filters, etc - but changing oil? Fuck that, one of those things I'll also just have someone else deal with.