Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Now that my general frustration with Fox's over-conservative playcalling, lack of depth, and general ref fuckery is over, I am ready to start talking about things that give us hope for next season.

1) Once we decided to get Jeffrey the ball, we could see what a good WR he is. It would be foolish to let our best target walk out of Chicago without a competitive offer.

2) Howard is a beast. He really brought it the second half, and I bet he takes Forte's rookie rushing record

3) Deonte Thompson looked great as a receiver. Never throw it to Bellamy again, Thompson should be our speed threat. Hell, Merideth looked pretty good too (except that one that was a little behind him that bounced out of his hands).

4) There is not an ounce of self doubt in Barkley. He played to win all game, despite a string of turnovers that all happened in successive drives. He has guts. I dont see him as the QB of the future for us, but he deserves a real opportunity to be our starter to open next year. He has moxie.

5) Our pass rush would be so much better if GB didnt get away with holding so often. Ok so that isnt phrased like a positive, but it really is. Having a good pass rush is supposed to create more holding penalties. Maybe the line judges lost their penalty flags and whistles? We still managed to get a few sacks, and a lot of hits on Rodgers.

6) We have a lot of starters that belong on the field. This team could feasibly make a playoff push with quality starting DBs.

That's all I have for right now.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Well said on Barkley. We could be overly optimistic on him, but he has at least shown he can play and belongs in this league. I would like to see him after a full off season with the team and TC. Let him battle it out with a rookie and at the very least we have a feasible starter next year that's not named Jay Cutler.

Crusher17

Liked Posts:
Fox and Loggains look bad not getting the TD on the last possession. O and D played great in the 4th quarter. There is hope for the future and the draft pick is preserved.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
The team never flinched when we went down 17. They still believed they would win. Add that to the positive list started.

I file that under the Matt Barkley entry. He kept the offense focused on bringing it back. Our defense has been playing to win all year, so that is nothing new

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
This team could feasibly make a playoff push with quality starting DBs.

playoffs.jpeg

Antobears

Liked Posts:
AJ looked focused and played well. Good to see.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I am as big of a Bears fan as anyone here and I just didn't see all these holding calls you all are complaining about. The Packers had more penalties than us.

As it is, missed calls are not as bad as calling phantom calls. An official will always get downgraded more so for a phantom call than missing a call.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Meredith drops some balls he should hold onto, but he's shifty and can do damage in space. He's probably better and catching the ball in space and making plays that way than he is as a pure pass catcher/route runner. But he's not bad in that respect either.

Andrewroll

Liked Posts:
Barkley is getting some important reps to develop chemistry with Howard, Jeffrey, and Meredith, who should all be unquestioned starters next year. This time is also giving Barkley a chance to build his skill set and confidence as a starter this year to carry him over to next year to compete for the starting job. The defense is getting to the QB and getting sacks. After they get healthy on both sides of the ball, it will be nice to see what they can pull off with some continuity in who's out there and some upgrades in the secondary.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
4) There is not an ounce of self doubt in Barkley. He played to win all game, despite a string of turnovers that all happened in successive drives. He has guts. I dont see him as the QB of the future for us, but he deserves a real opportunity to be our starter to open next year. He has moxie.

Last guy in town who had "moxie"? Caleb Hanie.

Guy before that? Mike Tomczak . . .

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
The most encouraging thing about Barkley today was that, after he threw a couple of picks, he didn't let that affect him in the fourth quarter. Good to see him put those mistakes aside and lead another late rally.