OK with Desai gone when Bears clean house

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
At first I was a little bummed thinking Bears new coach may bring in his own DC next year. But after the last few games, its obvious Desai is in over his head and isn't anything special. This defense cant even slow down the almighty Jimmy Garoppollo and Elijah Mitchell... lol

Im genuinely looking forward to a complete overhaul this offseason.

Last edited:

Toast88

Liked Posts:
At first I was a little bummed thinking Bears new coach may bring in his own DC next year. But after the last few games, its obvious Desai is in over his head and isn't anything special. This defense cant even slow down the almighty Jimmy Garoppollo and Elijah Mitchell... lol

Im genuinely forward to a complete overhaul this offseason.
The lackadaisical tackling in particular has really hurt them, and that speaks directly to bad coaching both from a technical and motivational standpoint.

The defense is also easy for opposing offenses to out-scheme.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Dude why would you ever give a shit that a coach isn’t retained by this team? You really think they somehow have some sort of gold that they just can’t give up? None of these coaches are anything special.

gocbears

Liked Posts:
I'm with the fire everyone crowd bandwagon. I don't see a lot of smart football being played by the team (including staff) right now.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Desai got outmatched today. You could see it when Gipson somehow wound up in the flat on a running back.

Not only that, they sent Jus at Quinn to help get him blocked at the point of attack because he was blowing up the lead block in the first half.

Good coaches adjust. Poor coaches get beat and can't adjust.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
NO fuckin shit, you guys were smart enough to see Pagano needed to be shown the door but somehow think one of the film guys on his staff was the answer? Let me sell you chucklefucks a bridge.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Dude why would you ever give a shit that a coach isn’t retained by this team? You really think they somehow have some sort of gold that they just can’t give up? None of these coaches are anything special.
Brandon Staley says hi

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Without Mack, Desai lacks the horses. Quan was invisible and Quinn was the only one getting any kind of pressure.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bears are 8th in defensive DVOA. Mack and Quan are probably the only 2 guys on this D that starts for most teams in NFL. Maybe Johnson. This is not a talented D.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Bears are 8th in defensive DVOA. Mack and Quan are probably the only 2 guys on this D that starts for most teams in NFL. Maybe Johnson. This is not a talented D.

Roquan sits the bench for 31 other teams?

That said; there are too many high priced below avg producers on this defense

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Roquan sits the bench for 31 other teams?

That said; there are too many high priced below avg producers on this defense

I said Mack and Quan are the only 2 that start for most teams.

bearsforever

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You know there's a problem when on 2 long ass runs, it was Hicks who ended up catching him from behind and making the tackle. That is a real issue right there.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Was going to add that this roster is especially shit . Mack, Quinn, Smith and Johnson are only worth a damn. I love Hicks , IMO he SHOULD be in a rotational role at this stage.

Losing Quinn or Mack at this point puts too much stress on the guys in the middle who aren’t very good to being with. If you haven’t noticed, we’ve been getting little to no inside pressure for a few seasons.

There aren’t guys who can even come close to filling either of their roles. I’m not surprised the outcome, bunch of scrubs pace drafted for depth.

MarkBear

?⬇️
Liked Posts:

Im genuinely looking forward to a complete overhaul this offseason.
Dumb ass kept running zone

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Dude. You are so dug in on this Desai thing. Jonson maybe a starter on other teams? Lol.

Their talent level is fine. They have issues in the secondary, but their front 7 is still as talented as almost any team in the league. A DL with Goldman and Hicks should not be getting gashed as much as they do against the run. This is the worst run defense the Bears have had since Mel Tucker.

A well coordinated defense doesn't have as many communication errors and blown coverages as the Bears have had. Part of a coach's responsibility is to build a culture of winning habits. Attention to details, swarming to the football, being fundamentally sound, and not committing dumb penalties are all a reflection on coaching. The Bears defense does none of these things well.

If Desai is an upgrade over Pagano, I'm not sure it's by much. He damn sure isn't HC material based on these 8 games. That I do know.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Without Mack, Desai lacks the horses. Quan was invisible and Quinn was the only one getting any kind of pressure.

thats the thing....every defense looks like shit without pressure. Just like every offense looks like shit without protection.

Desai has done a good job this year, but you can only do so much to overcome a lack of talent. This bears defense has minimal DB talent, so with no pressure they are gonna get torn up.

fridges fatboys

Liked Posts:
What I really hate is just sitting in base defense all game and letting Jimmy pick our defense apart with absolutely no blitzing or doing anything to put Jimmy under any pressure. I want to have an attacking defense not this garbage.