Okafor or Kaman?

Basghetti80

Liked Posts:
Given both of these options which would you rather take? We know Kaman is most likely going to be available and I really think that if Bob Johnson can't sell the Bobcats then Okafor may be able to be had for cheap.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
i like okafor more, he brings more defense and isn't injury prone like kaman.

Syxx

Liked Posts:
bullsman24 wrote:

That's exactly what I was going to say

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If I had to choose, I would choose Okafor. He's wasting away in Charlotte anyway.

AirP

Liked Posts:
Syxx wrote:
bullsman24 wrote:

Okafor by a wide margin. You get some needed beef under the basket and depending on which opposing team's player was better in the low post between the PF or C, Noah and Okafor could switch up pretty easily. No Okafor isn't a very good low post option, but he's good enough to take advantage of weaker big men in the post. Not to mention a guy who has the size to set Rose a good pick.

What Chicago needs to do is focus on a PF who can run the pick and roll well, it doesn't have to be Amare but this offense all starts with trying to free up some space for Derrick Rose... and Tyrus absolutely sucks at it, it's a part of his game he really, really needs to work on, he just goes to the spot and releases without really setting a pick.

jsain360

Liked Posts:
AirP wrote:
Syxx wrote:
bullsman24 wrote:

Okafor by a wide margin. You get some needed beef under the basket and depending on which opposing team's player was better in the low post between the PF or C, Noah and Okafor could switch up pretty easily. No Okafor isn't a very good low post option, but he's good enough to take advantage of weaker big men in the post. Not to mention a guy who has the size to set Rose a good pick.

What Chicago needs to do is focus on a PF who can run the pick and roll well, it doesn't have to be Amare but this offense all starts with trying to free up some space for Derrick Rose... and Tyrus absolutely sucks at it, it's a part of his game he really, really needs to work on, he just goes to the spot and releases without really setting a pick.

I agree with Tyrus having to work on setting better picks, but I think the Bulls need to look into hiring a big man's coach to help develop our young bigs

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Kaman bring a dying need for us, inside scoring. Tyrus and Noah will provide what Okafor brings.

AirP

Liked Posts:
jsain360 wrote:
AirP wrote:
Syxx wrote:
bullsman24 wrote:

I agree with Tyrus having to work on setting better picks, but I think the Bulls need to look into hiring a big man's coach to help develop our young bigs

It doesn't take a bigman's coach to learn to set a pick, atleast a better pick then Tyrus currently does. I feel that he's too eager to try to prove himself offensivly which is a source of MOST of his offensive problems including just going through the motions of setting a pick.

Simeon2UC

Liked Posts:
Easily, I'm acquiring Okafor. As much as I love Kaman, my mind just says Okafor. He's the closest force to Dwight Howard and he doesn't come with symptoms. If I have to give up Noah, then no, Tyrus, absolutely. Okafor has been playing out of position since he has been in Charlotte. He's not a Center, the guy is a 6'8'' or 6'9'' Power Forward. He has feel around the rim with the ability to block shots. He stays grabbing double-doubles. Kaman is hard to turn down. His jumper and agile movement that complements his finesse is nutts!

TheStig

Liked Posts:
cool007 wrote:
Exactly, their contracts re just so horrible, I would much rather go after gortat with the mle if I felt obligated to get a C this year.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
Kaman bring a dying need for us, inside scoring. Tyrus and Noah will provide what Okafor brings.
How much inside scoring does a guy with a 10ppg career average bring? Okafor has put up more ppg per game then Kaman every year except for one.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Kaman is a better offensive player, he can score in other ways besides put backs, you have Okafors, more or less on the team already.

Simeon2UC

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:

true dat!

Simeon2UC

Liked Posts:
TheStig wrote:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
How much inside scoring does a guy with a 10ppg career average bring? Okafor has put up more ppg per game then Kaman every year except for one.

Look at the gunners on their team. He rarely got touches.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Okafor is injured less, scores more, rebounds more, is more efficient and is a better defender. They're paid about the same, so why on earth would anyone want Kaman? Surely not for his stunning good looks? ;)

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Kaman does have the injury concerns but his offensive game is sooo much better than Okafor's. And his D is up to par with him as well. But with the system the Bulls are trying to put in place, Okafor is a better fit. He's quicker, more athletic, & runs the floor well which is what we'll need in the uptempo system that we have. And he'll be able to play his natural PF position which will in turn increase his offensive production. Okafor & Noah downlow would give us the skilled low-post defense we've lacked since Wallace & PJ Brown left.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Simeon2UC wrote:
TheStig wrote:
Newskoolbulls wrote:

Look at the gunners on their team. He rarely got touches.
BS, he played on an awful team, thats why they got the first pick. And even with the "gunners" he still got half a shot more per game than okafor who outscored him.