Old Penny Stock......is this worth anything?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just got handed this, probably not worth a dime. Can't seem to find anything about it.

Incorporated under the laws of New Jersey

VIDEO MATRIX CORP.
20.000 SHARES

ISSUED 10/30/87

How do you go about researching something like this? Closest thing I can find is Matrix Video Corp.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Find a broker who works on the exchange to look it up?

You could also try the INTERNET ARCHIEVE? Can search the Internet for sites that existed as if you were doing so on a previous day. It can sometimes be helpful for stuff like this where the sites no longer exist.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Just got handed this, probably not worth a dime. Can't seem to find anything about it.

VIDEO MATRIX CORP.
20.000 SHARES

ISSUED 10/30/87

How do you go about researching something like this? Closest thing I can find is Matrix Video Corp.
If you were given paper shares then they are usually held somewhere, it may or may not be worth the time to figure out where they are held as they may be worthless or incredibly valuable. You will certainly need to do some leg work and have some information to land the plane.

I would start by trying to make sure you have all of the information surrounding the shares and then start making some calls. I have seen some success in getting shares moved into the digital age. However, if the company is long gone you may be wasting your time.

As per the usual I am not offering any investment advice here. Just my anecdotal experience.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you were given paper shares then they are usually held somewhere, it may or may not be worth the time to figure out where they are held as they may be worthless or incredibly valuable. You will certainly need to do some leg work and have some information to land the plane.

I would start by trying to make sure you have all of the information surrounding the shares and then start making some calls. I have seen some success in getting shares moved into the digital age. However, if the company is long gone you may be wasting your time.

As per the usual I am not offering any investment advice here. Just my anecdotal experience.
All I have are the paper shares (certificates?) Where does one start?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

VIDEO MATRIX CORP.
20.000 SHARES

ISSUED 10/30/87

Those shares are worth as much as a luxury suite at the Silver Dome is. Congrats.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I own 1 paper share of McDonalds and another of Disney.

An Aunt/Uncle did them as Xmas gifts one year for the kids.

I love all the $.09 dividend checks.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I own 1 paper share of McDonalds and another of Disney.

An Aunt/Uncle did them as Xmas gifts one year for the kids.

I love all the $.09 dividend checks.

Do you know the year? Also if you recieve all those dividends and add them up, I'll bet it'd amount to something.
If you invested 1$ in Mcdonalds a decade ago,you'd have 3.23 plus all those years of dividends. If you dripped the dividends, you could be sitting on a hundred big ones man!

Disney probably did even better!

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Do you know the year? Also if you recieve all those dividends and add them up, I'll bet it'd amount to something.
If you invested 1$ in Mcdonalds a decade ago,you'd have 3.23 plus all those years of dividends. If you dripped the dividends, you could be sitting on a hundred big ones man!

Disney probably did even better!

No DRIP, just paper checks worth pennies :(