Old School Favorites?

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
Im headed to the local Flea Market tomorrow, and hoping its still got the two sections that contained a shitload of old school units and games. Any all time favorites aside the obvious Mario titles? Im partial to certain titles, that may not have been overly popular such as; North and South on the NES, and Sim City/Sim Ant on the SNES. And General Chaos on the Genesis. Games may not be as advanced as todays, but man those were some of the best gaming times growing up.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Vector Man on the Genesis was fun.

Both Power Rangers side scrolling games on the SNES were fun. Similar to Streets of Rage, but Power Rangers of course. Have both of those ROMs on my computer.

Secret of Mana is a more well known SNES classic that is a blast, but most casual gamers have never played it.

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
I remember the title of Secret of Mana, but never played it. I remembering wanting to play Earthbound, but never got the chance to. So many games back then that I wanted to experience that I dont remember them anymore. Figure the more titles people remember will spark my memory lol. I know Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past was definitely one of my favorites of all time. Sadly I dont believe I own it :(

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Primarily solo, or two player? Yes, this makes a massive difference when it comes to selection. :)

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mostly 1 player. But occassional 2 player games are a plus. Which reminds me, I gotta try and find Contra :)

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I suggest looking for exclusive releases. Road Rash II was exclusive to the Genesis. It's not a highly desired game(yet). Road Rash 1 on 3DO is superior to any other release, including the PC version and PS, so I don't usually recommend it on any other platform. I play it emulated, even though I have a FZ1 3DO in box, somewhere in my attic.

The PC versions of many games were superior, so you'll always have those titles at the prime of their glory, that's why I don't suggest some of the games mentioned. Of course, SNES was a RPG king, and if you want some good Genesis RPG's, Shinning games were very under-rated.

Bust-a-Move on SNES is the royal gem of the Buzzle-Bobble games IMO. Much like the original Tetris was king, this is still the best bubble popping game ever.

If you don't have F-Zero, something is wrong.

NES: Too many games to name. Too many different types of games. It's hard to pinpoint. I love the original Megaman series. X and X2 ect... I am NOT a fan of the later Megaman games, but I love the original. Ducktales, while easy, is worth it for the Moon level(and it's music) alone. Castlevania 1 and 3 = AWESOME. Castevania 2... eh, it's still good. Don't forget Punch-Out. :D And if you want to get pissed off quick, Battletoads. TMNT1 is okay, but TMNT2("The Arcade Game") should be played through MAME, not a NES, just like other similar classics(NARC).

G/L and have fun hunting.

Deng Defense Force

Liked Posts:
Sega Genesis -

Castlevania: Bloodlines

Contra: Hard Corps

Desert Strike, Jungle Strike, and Urban Strike

Ecco the Dolphin/SegaCD version. Yeah I said it, dont hate.

Flashback

Golden Axe 1-3

Revenge of Shinobi & Shadowdancer: Secret of Shinobi

Sol-Feace/SegaCD version

Sonic the Hedgehog 1-3

Sonic & Knuckles

Streets of Rage 1-3

Strider 1-2

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
NES: Jackal

If you don't have it, or never played it, you've missed out on something. Good concept, music, multiplayer, and outstanding replay value.

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh damn thats a shitload I forgot about! I do have Jungle Strike on the Genesis and NBA Jam baby!! :yeah: I even got Olympic Basket ball lol. I did play Jackel long long time ago! That was a sweet game too. I gotta see if I can find that. And lol Eco the dolphin. Dont fret bro, I loved Sim Ant lol. I did love Road Rash, but cant remember which was my fav. Im thinking it was 3, but couldve been 2. Battletoads seem awfully familiar. Im not a huge fan of Bust a Move, but my Mom is, and she got a snes too lol.

Deng Defense Force

Liked Posts:
NES: Jackal

If you don't have it, or never played it, you've missed out on something. Good concept, music, multiplayer, and outstanding replay value.

I remember letting someone borrow a game for Jackal in return.

Despite his objection, well, lets just say I made the trade permanent.

Dementia

Liked Posts:
No Sega Genesis collection is complete without Earthworm Jim!

bbaker

Liked Posts:
Ken Griffey Baseball was awesome. Is NHL Hitz considered "Old School"? If so, that game was sweet too.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sega Genesis- NBA Jam, NHL 94, World Series Baseball, Streets of Rage, Shinobi, Golden Axe, Boogerman(funny game and pretty fun lol), Earthworm Jim

NES - Bubble Bobble, Legend of Zelda, Wurm: Journey To The Center of The Earth, TMNT, RBI Baseball, Rainbow Islands, DuckTales, TaleSpin

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
You could also get a Super GameBoy. Gameboy and GBC color games are cheap as hell.

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
I need more money!!! They had 2 booths set with games. One had a shitload of NES, and yup, 2 copies of Jackel lol. Ken Griffey Baseball, virtually every game mentioned, aside Sega, maybe 6 games total. Unfortunately, my budget ran out really fucking fast and ended up with 2 games. Found Bust a Move, so swiped it for my Mom. Damn being nice!! But in the box, with manual and the map, Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past. I couldnt pass on it. 30 fucking bucks, but the game looks mint condition.