Olin Kreutz on Leno/Graham

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Of course he does. That still doesn’t make his opinions infallible. If he were omnipotent regarding all OL topics and decisions, he would be some crazy paid scout or NFL executive. Those types of people don’t exist though…And I love Olin and would rather have kept Leno over graham too….but Leno still wasn’t very good. He was a low end starter
Then you’re gonna love future HoF LT, Larry Borom.

Bronek

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
Agree with Olin here. Pace should keep Leno around a least to the last round of cuts just find out how the rookies are performing. Specially knowing Jenkins had back problems before.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Find it interesting that Olin isn’t as down on Leno as most Bears fans were. Also seemed to prefer cutting Graham as some (me) had mentioned.
I was fine with Leno until this past season. He wasn’t great, but he was ok. And he was ultra reliable. You knew he would be healthy, and you knew what to expect every week.

But he seemed to get worse last season. He became reliable only to mess up several times a game. I had no problem with him being cut, even without a replacement.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Agree with Olin here. Pace should keep Leno around a least to the last round of cuts just find out how the rookies are performing. Specially knowing Jenkins had back problems before.
I’ll use his career PFF stats since some on here like it. Everything is averaged out. A LT making $9 million with an average grade of 71%, 4.5-5 sacks a year and 8.5 penalties.

And that’s not even explaining how much time he spent on the ground and his poor run blocking.

No thank you.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
why you would trust Nagy and Pace over a HOFer is beyond me, but to each their own.
John Elway is a HoF QB who wouldn’t know a QB talent if it hit him upside the head. Just because someone was a great player doesn’t mean they are a great talent evaluator, coach, or anything else. Each is different.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
It wasn’t about cutting Leno as it was about the fact we had NO PLAN B. Pace decided to force a rookie RT to play LT and it turns out that rookie can’t play anyways. If we cut Graham at least there was Kmet behind him, all we did was dig an unnecessary hole
Remember when he traded Marshall and created a hole at wr, then drafted kevin white? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wonder what Olin's thoughts on the OL coach are. It's tough to make lemonade from lemons if they are all rotten. I'm shocked to hear his thoughts on Leno but he's a smart dude.
He likes Castillo a lot but he was pissed when Heistand was scapegoated. He was on tnl

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
John Elway is a HoF QB who wouldn’t know a QB talent if it hit him upside the head. Just because someone was a great player doesn’t mean they are a great talent evaluator, coach, or anything else. Each is different.
And yet I would still trust Elway’s evaluation skills over CCS would would you not?

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears couldn’t sign their draft class until June 1 after the Leno cut. The cap situation was bad.

Some would prefer cutting Graham but the right move would have been extending ARob and lowering his cap number.

I was surprised that they moved on from Leno that quickly but they couldn’t trot him out there as the starter again.